September 2, 2014 | 2226 users online

Treatments - Essie - Smooth Trick Deep-Conditioning Cuticle Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very moisturizing! Nice consistency. Can be a little messy but it's worth it (the tube packaging is to blame) ..slight minty scent I don't mind and it doesn't last.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by WendyTran

This is the first cuticle oil I have purchased.

First of all, it does a great job for moisture.
Second of all, it can me messy... especially on the plane haha xD
Third of all, some people dont like the scent of it : a bit minty. But I'm ok with it.

In the bottom line, I will not repurchase this because its too messy, When I finish it (it'll take yeaars XD) ,I will try the ones in a small container :) Maybe the Burts bees one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Im surprised this product doesn't have more reviews! It is by far the best cuticle treatment I have found. I get the worst hangnails and dry cuticles ever; iv tried many different oils, and butters but nothing keeps the hydration for long after its soaked in. This stuff drys fast, smells like mint, and comes in a handy pen- like tube. So you can keep this stuff in your purse and just run it along your nails with no mess or big production. This is great stuff and makes your nails look great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

I purchased this at Walmart for $8CAD I believe. If you have dry brittle nails, it's worth giving this product a try. It is literally an oil-based conditioner for the nails and cuticles. The packaging can be a little sketchy because I fear that one day, the tube will burst in my bag (if something heavy pushes against it) and spill oil everywhere. The soft plastic tube and wimpy plastic cap doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence that what I fear won't happen. I think in the case of an oil/liquid product such as this, a bottle with a screw cap is probably the safest bet. I understand that the design of the product is suppose to appeal to consumer's by giving it an "on-the-go", travel-friendly feel, but the wimpy plastic tube is inadvertently giving me the opposite impression. With daily use, I've noticed my cuticles are very soft and have majorly prevented hangnails. I have a trio of cuticle care products in my routine right now: Essie Smooth Trick is perpetually left at home on my cpu desk. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme is my travel-friendly tin and L'Occitane Cuticle and Nail Cream is sitting on my work desk. Between the three, I would say Essie ranks #1 for instant soft and supple results that are long lasting and good absorbancy, Burt's Bees ranks #2 for travel-friendly tin and the thick waxy formula is good for protection from harsh weather conditions and L'Occitane gets last place for being expensive and minimally moisturizing.