Tom Ford 03 Casablanca

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this lipstick!! The color and the formula. At long last I have found a replacement for my discontinued every day favorite (NARS Tobago). My lips have quite a bit of pigment in them, so this appears as a little more than my lips but better on me. It has a very good staying power and the formulation is very creamy. I'm already on my second tube of it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my first TF l/s. This is the best cream formula l/s I've ever used. Very creamy, but decently longlasting. Not sure if it's just that I wear so many rusty shades in winter, but the color appears quite pink to me and kind of cool. It is vibrant and gives me some color. I would find it too dark for summer, but in cooler weather, it will pair well with anything I wear except rusts and oranges. Of my two Chanel blushes which are my favorites, it seems to pair better with Rose Petale (cool) rather than Rose Bronze (warm).

Edit 1/18/16: after a few months, I tried a different lip pencil and it completely changed the look of the color. I had originally used YSL #13, Beige, which is a very neutral beige. I tried it with an old Armani slightly rustier neutral pencil and Casablanca appears more warm neutral rosy, which is the look I prefer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

EDIT: Still liking the color Casablanca but for the second time in a year, this lipstick has turned and gone rancid within months of purchasing. It developed a very strong, unpleasant rancid smell that made the item unusable. And I had more than 3/4 of the lipstick left in the tube and I had never exposed it to heat. The same happened with my recently bought Pink Dusk, but strangely enough, some shades within this line seem to hold up better than others. I have had Indian Rose for over a year and it's still perfectly fine. Go figure. I even checked the lot numbers to make sure I wasn't sold old product, but the lipsticks that went bad so quickly were from this year. So I will definitely not be buying backups of limited shades of this line. Knocking off two lippies due to such poor shelf life.

Casablanca is my go to every day lip color, I am very fair MAC NW15 for reference, with a lot of pigment in my lips, so I need my lipstick to have coverage and some color to avoid looking washed out. Casablanca is a plummy rose shade on me, with just a slight hint of brown. It is somewhat similar to Bobbi Brown's Rich Color in Heather Pink, but Tom Ford's formula is creamier, heavier, and I mean that in a good way, because it results in better coverage which I like. I apply lip balm underneath any lipstick and then blot after application, and Casablanca gives me a polished look and it lasts for a good few hours, until I eat something, but that is true for any lipstick I've tried. Is the shade Casablanca dupable? Probably yes, but the luxurious texture, stylish packaging and comfortable wear makes this one of my everyday staples and so, despite the high price tag, I will repurchase. Currently retails for $52.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm really glad I was bought this as a gift because I don't know if I could bring myself to spend this much on a lipstick, but in my opinion it's worth it.

The colour is beautiful, seems to look different on different skin tones however, I'm very fair and it's a dusty rose on me.

The formula is moisturising and creamy, does transfer a little but not as much as expected with how creamy it is. The smell is vaguely plastic, but only if you sniff it, does not smell when on your lips. Doesn't seem to have a taste at all.

This lasts a few hours for me, I wore it on new years eve (lots of drinking) and reapplied to the middle of my lips twice throughout the whole night, which I'd say is pretty good.

The packaging is really nice, it feels expensive, it's heavy and shiny and I enjoy getting it out of my handbag.

The only reason I give it 4 lippies not 5 is the price, if only it were 10 less...

Absolutely would buy again, would buy every colour if I had the .

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I swapped for this lipstick and am glad I did. This is a mauvy, almost plummy MLBB lipstick for me. I don't usually wear cool-toned nudes because they have a tendency to go muddy on me, but there's enough berry in Casablanca to flatter my warm-neutral skintone. Casablanca reminds me of MAC Midimauve, but Casablanca may be a pinch darker and more pigmented. Finish is creamy and I found this to be more emoillent than my other TF$ lipstick, Flamingo. I layer lip balm underneath and didn't have any problems with feathering, although I find that TF$ lipsticks last until about mid-day, and then leaves a slight stain behind.

I put that I would repurchase, but realistically mauvy lipcolors aren't really my thing. I think Casablanca would be very flattering on deeper skintones. Also, I found Casablanca to be similar to TF$ Indian Pink, although IP is less plummy/mauve and thus more wearable for me.

For reference, I'm MAC NC30 and NARS Alaska/Groenland/Punjab. My MLBB shades are: NARS Montego Bay/Sex Machine/Chihuahua; MAC Hug Me ls/Subculture lipliner.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Applied this on my way out the door. Feathered by the time I pulled out of the driveway.

I've done reviews before, but I'm pretty sure this is my first lipstick review. I don't believe I've ever felt moved to review a lipstick before, even though I have many that I truly love. However, Tom Ford has now raised the bar in lipstick excellence, in my humble opinion. Yes, the price is insane, but this lipstick is so far above any other lipstick that I've tried, that empirically, it makes sense (to me). First, the color. It's a perfect go-to color for me. I can't wear really pale shades--with my medium olive complexion, I look totally dead. This color works perfectly during the day and can go right into an evening look. The lasting power is superb. It doesn't smear. It leaves a stain on the lips, but not in an annoying way. It is moisturizing, and never, at any time, does it leave my lips feeling dry or cakey. I am a woman of a "certain age" and although my lips are full, this enhances their fullness, and makes them look younger than their years :-). I fear that a dangerous addiction to Tom Ford lipsticks is in my future, but I see no possibility of looking back. Just a reminder. If you are looking for a mid-priced lipstick, look elsewhere. Be prepared to pay a pretty price for these. Totally worth it, as far as I'm concerned.

I bought this on Black Friday a few years ago. I forced myself to wear it because it was so expensive but I really can't stand this lipstick.

My friend has a red color of this lipstick and I absolutely love it on her. It wears beautifully on her, just wish it did the same with me.

The color is nice, very neutral on my more pigmented lips and has a MLBB look to it.

The formula is ridiculously dry. I hate how it feels on my lips. Literally hate. The dryness of the formula also makes the color apply on cakey and not smooth at all. It settles into all my wrinkles and makes my lips look 20 years older.

The smell is generic vanilla, very similar to MAC lipsticks. It smells like Play Doh to my nose.

The bullet is heavy with many pointy corners. Seriously, did I just pay for ridiculous packaging? It's also bulky and doesn't fit well into my stubby hands.

Really would have loved to even like this lipstick but it's not worth $49 to me. Hell, with this formula it wouldn't even be worth $1.99.

With the money I spent on this horrible lipstick I could've gotten 75 BBQ pork buns. I would've enjoyed that more than this lipstick.

Tom Ford you may be a sexy sexy man with an incredible eye for style but you have no business in the high end cosmetics game.

I LOVE This lipstick! At first i was reluctant to buy since the price was suuper duuper exp and the MOST iv ever spent on a singlelipstick... BUT im soo glad i did. U cant compare this to any other lipstick out there... so for me it was worth splashin out every penny on on.
Its sooooo highly pigmented and ultra creamy and lasting power is all day!
It smells amazing... so luxurious to wear.. and the packaging itself is luxurious ;)
The shade is perfect on my skin tone.. like a nice blushed pinky brownish... and cud wear everyday. However i try and not bcoz im scared to run out on this lol... i save it for when im dressin up or goin somewher special :)
High five to Tom Ford! Sexy man... sexy lipstick! Lol.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Another best from TF! Love this colour on my NC30 Indian skin. This is nude for me, a delicious browny peachy colour - my lips only better kind of thing. Very moisturizing and long lasting. 5 stars.

Recommended for Medium Skin