October 21, 2014 | 1259 users online

Lipstick - Tom Ford - 03 Casablanca

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I swapped for this lipstick and am glad I did. This is a mauvy, almost plummy MLBB lipstick for me. I don't usually wear cool-toned nudes because they have a tendency to go muddy on me, but there's enough berry in Casablanca to flatter my warm-neutral skintone. Casablanca reminds me of MAC Midimauve, but Casablanca may be a pinch darker and more pigmented. Finish is creamy and I found this to be more emoillent than my other TF$ lipstick, Flamingo. I layer lip balm underneath and didn't have any problems with feathering, although I find that TF$ lipsticks last until about mid-day, and then leaves a slight stain behind.

I put that I would repurchase, but realistically mauvy lipcolors aren't really my thing. I think Casablanca would be very flattering on deeper skintones. Also, I found Casablanca to be similar to TF$ Indian Pink, although IP is less plummy/mauve and thus more wearable for me.

For reference, I'm MAC NC30 and NARS Alaska/Groenland/Punjab. My MLBB shades are: NARS Montego Bay/Sex Machine/Chihuahua; MAC Hug Me ls/Subculture lipliner.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Dogsandroses

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Applied this on my way out the door. Feathered by the time I pulled out of the driveway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Rozenbloom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've done reviews before, but I'm pretty sure this is my first lipstick review. I don't believe I've ever felt moved to review a lipstick before, even though I have many that I truly love. However, Tom Ford has now raised the bar in lipstick excellence, in my humble opinion. Yes, the price is insane, but this lipstick is so far above any other lipstick that I've tried, that empirically, it makes sense (to me). First, the color. It's a perfect go-to color for me. I can't wear really pale shades--with my medium olive complexion, I look totally dead. This color works perfectly during the day and can go right into an evening look. The lasting power is superb. It doesn't smear. It leaves a stain on the lips, but not in an annoying way. It is moisturizing, and never, at any time, does it leave my lips feeling dry or cakey. I am a woman of a "certain age" and although my lips are full, this enhances their fullness, and makes them look younger than their years :-). I fear that a dangerous addiction to Tom Ford lipsticks is in my future, but I see no possibility of looking back. Just a reminder. If you are looking for a mid-priced lipstick, look elsewhere. Be prepared to pay a pretty price for these. Totally worth it, as far as I'm concerned.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by saban

I bought this on Black Friday a few years ago. I forced myself to wear it because it was so expensive but I really can't stand this lipstick.

My friend has a red color of this lipstick and I absolutely love it on her. It wears beautifully on her, just wish it did the same with me.

The color is nice, very neutral on my more pigmented lips and has a MLBB look to it.

The formula is ridiculously dry. I hate how it feels on my lips. Literally hate. The dryness of the formula also makes the color apply on cakey and not smooth at all. It settles into all my wrinkles and makes my lips look 20 years older.

The smell is generic vanilla, very similar to MAC lipsticks. It smells like Play Doh to my nose.

The bullet is heavy with many pointy corners. Seriously, did I just pay for ridiculous packaging? It's also bulky and doesn't fit well into my stubby hands.

Really would have loved to even like this lipstick but it's not worth $49 to me. Hell, with this formula it wouldn't even be worth $1.99.

With the money I spent on this horrible lipstick I could've gotten 75 BBQ pork buns. I would've enjoyed that more than this lipstick.

Tom Ford you may be a sexy sexy man with an incredible eye for style but you have no business in the high end cosmetics game.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by testerwhore

I LOVE This lipstick! At first i was reluctant to buy since the price was suuper duuper exp and the MOST iv ever spent on a singlelipstick... BUT im soo glad i did. U cant compare this to any other lipstick out there... so for me it was worth splashin out every penny on on.
Its sooooo highly pigmented and ultra creamy and lasting power is all day!
It smells amazing... so luxurious to wear.. and the packaging itself is luxurious ;)
The shade is perfect on my skin tone.. like a nice blushed pinky brownish... and cud wear everyday. However i try and not bcoz im scared to run out on this lol... i save it for when im dressin up or goin somewher special :)
High five to Tom Ford! Sexy man... sexy lipstick! Lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by indiangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Another best from TF! Love this colour on my NC30 Indian skin. This is nude for me, a delicious browny peachy colour - my lips only better kind of thing. Very moisturizing and long lasting. 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Casablanca is a really flattering color on me. I have fair skin and dark hair. It's dark enough to have impact, but the color is not jarring or harsh. The feel is very creamy and hydrating, plus the lasting power is nice. I like the packaging too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, would I buy this color again? No, but I am addicted to Tom Ford lipsticks. I bought Casablanca, and wore it all evening. It turned dark and murky and reddish on me. Could be me, but when I went to return it the SA said that others have had the same problem with this color so it was no surprise. I exchanged it for 3 more lip pies - bad bad girl - because I love the staying power and masking color of his collection. I just picked the wrong color - actually, the female SA liked Pink Dust better and the male liked this one so I chose this one - next time, go with what I like from now on!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by zissel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got so excited when I saw this product. Just returned from London and Harrods had a huge Tom Ford display. Anyway what a waste of money and energy on my part. The lipstick is very pricey and ws not a big deal at all. I don;t think it was a big hit in the higher end stores.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by missemd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So after reading all I could on MUA and even watching a few make-up reviews on YouTube I decided to splurge on one of Tom Fords new Private Blend lipsticks.

The Tom Ford products are outrageously priced here in Australia - $65 for a lipstick! Ouch!

Anyway - the sales lady at David Jones talked me into 03 Casablanca and I have to admit whilst the packaging is amazing and the product is good - nicely pigmented, good amount of sheen but not too much and a reasonable stay on time - I just don't think it's worth $65.

Perhaps I just got talked into the wrong colour? Not sure - but at least this expensive experience has stopped me from having a ridiculously over-priced TF lipstick addiction.

I'll stick to my Bobbi Brown and NARS lipsticks which just seem to suit me better - especially my hip pocket!