October 22, 2014 | 1637 users online

Blush - Bourjois - Cendre de roses brune #48

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by weefi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really gorgeous matte bright pink blush. Gives a warmth to the skin. Light hand is a must as I find it to pigmented which is good. For ref I am brunette with dark blue eyes. I love these blushes for the price they really are fab x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Well in Canada bourjois can only be found in selected shoppers drug mart and they're super expensive compared to the prices in the UK - almost about $19CDN for a very very small blusher. But I really wanted to try them and I'm glad I did.

This is one of my most favourite drugstore blushers for sure. I bought Bourjois blushers in:
33 - Lila's d'or
34 - rose d'or
48 - cendre de rose brune
74- rose ambre
95 - rose de Jaspe

On my NC25-NC30 skin the 48 - cendre de rose brune shows up well and have amazing pigment. Because a little goes and long way you have to be very light handed when you apply it. I find if my moisturizer hasn't completely absorbed it is slightly difficult to blend. The staying power is so-so but I don't expect much from powder blushers. I find stains stick/stay longer on my skin.

Note - when your blush develops that protective coating / hard surface I read that Clear packing tape removes a layer of the blush. So get a new piece of clear packing tape, then press it down over the full surface of the blush and peel it slowly off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

I had read the reviews saying that these blushes turn hard after a few uses but bought one anyway. I got this shade because it was darker and was hoping that even if it did turn hard, the pigmentation would still be visible. When i first got the blush i had to be careful every time i swirled my brush because the product was powdery, a tiny bit went a very long way. I thought "how could this EVER harden up??" But after 2-3 weeks the product has hardened and not powdery AT ALL. actually i really need to swirl my brush to get colour on. This is ok since the blush is on the darker/pigmented side and this prevents me from overdoing my blush. So yes, the product did harden but it is still usable. I should add that the product hardened after an overseas trip so MAYBE the change in temperature had something to do with the product hardening as I had my makeup in my check in luggage (which usually sits in freezing temperatures in the plane..)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

Got this as a gift from bourjois to try it out. Bourjois goes a very long way, it existed for ever. Their packaging is very unique and it evolved a lot throughout the years. Personally, i dont like their round little pots, i find it difficult to get the product on my brush, i have to squeeze my brush to fit in, but that only concerns the blushes. The eyeshadows are another story. Inside the little box, they give you a little mini brush, i hate it. it doesnt work well with the product at all. I dont know if you guys know but bourjois's makeup is all baked in the oven. So it can make their products sometimes hard to work with because often their a bit dry and hard. So when i use my own blush brush, i really gotta rub on the surface to get some product a bit on my brush. For the colour: its gorgeous! its one of my favorite pink blushes. Since this was a gift, i would buy it once its finished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After purchasing Rose d'Or & being quite disappointed because I didnt really get much colour payoff, I decided to try this slightly darker shade.
Its 100% better for my skin tone & very little product is needed on the brush to give a lovely flush to the cheeks....at first I used way to much!
I dont use the brush included because I have a blush brush that I prefer however I do love the size of this product & that the lid has a lovely mirror - very useful, not only for blush application.
While I dont mind the smell too much, I could do the product without or even less fragrance.
Excellent colour, great texture & application is easy.
Very good pigmentation too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by kljackson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product! The main thing I loved about this product was the pigmentation. I'm very wary of how much blusher I use because there's nothing worse than girls walking around with massively powdery, bright pink cheeks but I found that because the pigmentation is so strong, you only need a small amount (avoiding looking overly powdery). I also found that this meant it stayed on all day even if my other makeup had budged.
I also loved the colour. When I first saw the colour tester in the shop I thought it would be far too bright, especially because I'm quite fair, but the blue tones in the colour help to stop it looking too bright. More of a nice blendable rosy glow. Another thing I loved is that its matte! There are so many blushes around that are gorgeous colours but they are full of sparkles and shimmers which for me is too much for daytime.
On a packaging/presentation note, I liked the shape and the size of the product because although it is small, I find it lasts for ages so I think the size is about right for the price. I do think the brush is a little unnecessary, it's a strange size and I found that the bristles fell out very easily. I would much rather have more product and no brush or a lower price and no brush but that is my only criticism as a whole.
So, to summarise:
*Great pigmentation
*Blendable
*Natural tone
*Nice matte finish

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on a whim. I dont need it as I have over 40 blushes and would take me 3 lifetimesto finish them all. But lately ive been going back to drugstore brands becuase Im having a disliking to my normal brands as they just seem to be churning out the same things named differently or in a different packaging (MAC!) or reformulating, making the new formulation more expensive while giving you kess product! (Bobbi Brown).
Anyway like I said I dont really need this but it looks good very blendable for a drugstore brand.
I previously owned one other Bourjois blush but literally threw it away as I found that the ones that have shimmer are very difficult to get any producy on the actual brush.

I also dont like the packaging as after a while the lid breaks off. The brush is just ok I never use the ones given but I would may be use this one on the go as normally the blusher brushes are two small and you end up with alot of product on one area but this brush is wide.

I also hate that in the UK we pay almost the same for a DS brand as what you would pay for theequivalent in the US for mid end to hi such as MAC.

I have said I would buy again but in reality will never hit the pan like most of my blushers.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS
- Lovely, 'dolly' pink colour
- Looks great on fair skin
- Unique, cute packaging
- Buildable coverage

CONS
- A little pricey
- Small compact
- Cheapish packaging

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This blush is super pigmented! A little really does go a long way with this product. 'Cendre de Rose Brune' is a rosy pink and has a matte finish. Despite being matte, it was quite easy to blend and gave my cheeks a nice healthy "flushed" look. It can be a little "clownish" if you apply too much so do be careful with the amount you use. It also looks amazing on lighter skintones since a friend of mine brought the same blush and pulls off this colour quite well. The only downside with Bourjois blushes is the packaging. Small pan size makes it harder to sweep brush across evenly, but other than that, they are good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

A good buy! Nice and cheap but still great quality! A nice easy light rose coloured blush. great for everyday wear in the office or on the weekend :) I usually wear MAC springfling, but that can be a bit shimmery, this give me a nice break from anything too exciting.

Love it!