November 25, 2014 | 1794 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - The jilted elf shower jelly

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Apparently I don't do well with jellies. The color of this was a nice dark green with glitter that was great for the holiday season. It smelled very strong and boozy though which I wasn't a fan of but I still tried to make it work. It is just so dang hard to keep a hold of it in the shower. No matter what, I would always end up dropping it before I could get a good lather going - which takes a while! Hindsight being what it is, I would recommend rubbing this on and then using exfoliating gloves to get a good lather. And I would freeze it and only take out what I needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by carafaerian

This soap had me at first glance. I mean, it was wrapped around the idea of Christmas, and it even had gold glitter specks inside of it (who can resist that?!). The product was a "jelly" soap. Now, even that idea was intriguing. I think the only thing i could positively say about it, was that the smell was pleasing, although it didn't last very long. I regret buying this product. It was so confusing to use. On the pot, it said you could smash it on a loofah, or chill/freeze it then use in the shower. I tried those ways, and it was a waste of time. If i tried using it on my loofah, it left a lot of pieces on my shower floor, and even on me. I had even tried freezing it, but by the time i could use it in my shower, it had defrosted into a mush. This product could barely lather, and i found myself fishing out pieces of the jelly, trying to make it work. This will not be a re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by med01050704

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells pretty good, and lather very well. I found that freezing and cutting off a piece when I wanted was better than leaving it at room temperature and trying to rip a chunk off. I do wish that I didn't have the full size though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got The Jilted Elf Shower Jelly in a Lush gift box & didn't think much of it, it sat in a drawer unwanted for a long time. I happened to look in the drawer & figured I should try it. I'm really glad I did!

Like a previous reviewer said, I love the boozy smell, it's very refreshing & great as a wakeup scent. I thought the jelly would fall apart but it keeps the shape very well. I don't pull it apart, or use a shower pouf - I step out of the shower stream, rub the jelly on my wet skin, pop it back in the tub & then use my exfoliting gloves all over.

This leaves my skin super soft. I am unsure how long my small tub will last & will update my review, however with the small amount needed each shower I think it will last a while.

I'm so surprised about this product & will be buying it again when it runs out & will try other jellies too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by smlane87

This is a super fun product! I love the smell and the glittery green gel. It's really cool for kids and makes tub time a lot easier.

I'm 24 and still love using this as a shave conditioner or just all over! It's pretty gently and breaks down easily so you don't get clumps left behind in the tub.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by heyitscaty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This jelly was the first type of jelly bath product I have ever tried. Fortunately I didn't buy it myself, I got it as a gift in those big gift boxes you can make at Lush.
I don't LOVE the scent, I find it okay. I thought the idea of using a jelly in the shower was really cool, unfortunately the experience wasn't that great: the pieces I took kept slipping out of my hands and a good portion of it actually just went down the drain. It is very hard to use or lather up. I was unable to enjoy this product.
I gave it two lippies just because I think the concept of this product is cute and the smell is average. Other than that I think it's a waste of money (fortunately I didn't buy it myself) and I wouldn't repurchase.
(don't let this change your mind about LUSH in general. even though I disliked this product, I love many others that they have; just not the jellys)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try Jilted Elf because I was afraid that the jelly wouldn't lather well. At first, I tried to apply the jelly straight onto my body, but pieces of it fell and were wasted. I smashed a small amount into my bath pouf and it bubbled right up! I adore the "boozy" smell of this jelly and it leaves my skin with a hint of fragrance. I have dry skin, it hasn't irritated me. Sometimes I mix the jelly with my Trader Joe's oatmeal bar and it makes a very soft and fragrant wash.
The package is convenient, just don't get it under your shower head because it shouldn't be soaking in water..it'll melt! The color and glitter don't make a mess, but just add to the cute look of the product. Can't wait for the holidays so I can stock up again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Marzipan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fun jello-like soap product that comes in a tub. It is a seasonal item, appearing around the holidays as one might assume from the name. It is a sparkling bright green color and smells of vodka apple martini, sort of like apple candy, but subtle. While I love the smell and the uniqueness of the product in this jelly form.....I find it hard to use. If you hold the entire jelly in your hands it is difficult to hold on to. It slips around so much that I often drop it and fear it will dissapear into the drain! Alternatively, if I break off a piece of it, it also eventually gets sucked down the drain and I feel it is a waste. The scent is nice and does linger somewhat on my skin, so I do not regret trying it. I don't think I will be purchasing more jelly.