August 21, 2014 | 1765 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Color Eyeshadow - Garden Pastels 441

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful palette for spring and I'm so glad I bought it. I've been using it everyday. All the shadows are very shimmery, but I like shimmer so don't mind. The colors are very easy to apply and buildable so you can go for a sheer look or something more bright. The blue and green even look lovely as just an eyeliner. The packaging is sleek and durable. I think this is one of the best eyeshadow palettes I've ever purchased and it's a great addition to anyone's collection - it's something that you can use throughout the year, not just during the spring.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by GoDawgs

I am in love with this palette. It's gorgeous, and the pictures I uploaded do not do it justice. You can see the beautiful color in the picture, but the fact that I have on no other makeup (no foundation, eyeliner, etc) distracts from it.

The shadows are silky and easy to apply, and the colors (especially the green) are really beautiful. This is a lovely palette for spring.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I'm such a sucker for Dior Quints, they're some of my favourite make-up items. I'm also a sucker for gorgeous packaging, and while the packaging alone usually doesn't justify a purchase for me, in the case of Dior Quints it makes them a must-have. I adored both Quints that were released with the Garden Party Spring 2012 collection, and while Garden Roses would've been right up my alley in terms of the shades included, I opted instead for Garden Pastels to step out of my comfort zone a bit. I rarely wear greens and don't even own any shades even remotely similar to the greens and yellows in Garden Pastels, so this was a fun experiment for me. I'm happy to say that the chartreuse actually works very nicely with my NW20/brunette colouring, and it's a nice fresh look for spring. I pair it with the light green on the inner corner. The two right side shades, a light icy blue-silver and a jeweltone teal, also pair nicely together, though in this case I was disappointed that the silvery shade is a bit too chunky and glittery - I don't mean that it IS chunky and glittery, just that it's not as smooth as I would like. As for the teal, it goes on quite soft, whereas I would've preferred a deeper, more jeweltone look. The lilac in the middle is very pretty and smooth, but variations of it can be found in so many other Quints. The texture overall is nice, but I find these very crumbly, hence the 4-lippie rating. They're not nearly as buttery and soft as the Lace design quints from Spring 2010. Overall, this is not one of Dior's top quality products in my opinion, but the colours are so unique that they definitely have a place in a Quint collector's stash.