Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

3.5

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Water, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Kaolin, Cetyl PEG/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Decyl Glucoside, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lavandula Stoechas Extract. May Contain ( +/- ): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 9/5/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. On one hand, it's definitely not the worst on the market. I liked it enough to repurchase 3 times. However since then, I have found even better quality foundations...at a drugstore price. Thus Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation has taken a backseat.

My face is oily and acne prone. This did a good job covering all of my acne and scarring at the time. So I'd describe it as full coverage. It also kept me matte for 6 hours. That doesn't sound very long - but at the time I was producing an outrageous amount of oil. Edited to add: I loved applying this foundation because it easily glided onto my skin.

However it did very little to *blow me away*. It was a little bit cakey. Nothing too noticeable to the naked eye, but at $50+ a bottle - I better be impressed. The extra added "anti aging" ingredients really irked me because this was supposed to be a matte foundation, thus those type of properties have no place in it. I think Immaculate Liquid Powder could have kept my oil at bay longer if Hourglass didn't shove Lavandox or Phytostem Edelweiss into it. :(

Last but not least - shade selection. There was no shade match for me. However being NC10 (albino, neutral leaning yellow)...I somewhat expect that. I've learned to work around it by manipulating the color with sunscreen and powder.

Since people PM me asking - my all time favorite foundation is actually Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse. There's a review for it in my profile. It's a shame I wasted thousands of dollars at Sephora only to be left disappointed over the years. I suppose you live and you learn the hard way.

on 8/16/2015 4:20:00 PM

Insanely disappointed. Thankfully I got samples (enough to last two weeks so I've given it a fair shot). I loved it at first and then my opinion changed drastically. It's amazing when first applied and even the first couple hours, but I have tremendously oily skin and after a few hours my face is an oil slick. Does little to nothing to control my oil, which is surprising considering it claims to be for extremely oily skin as it has oil absorbing properties. Went back to using my Revlon Colorstay and it performed better as far as keeping my oil at bay, for a fraction of the price. All in all, this foundation does not perform well and it's price point is ridiculous. Definitely won't purchase.

Wow this foundation is THE BEST if you are looking for a full-coverage, matte-but-not-flat foundation. I got this pretty cheap off a local auction site and Natural is probably slightly too dark for me (NW20) but already I have had a few compliments on my skin. It does feel slightly drying to wear but I think I just need to amp up my moisturiser (I am on Px retinoids too) Yeah it's expensive, but I don't mind paying if works this well.

on 8/9/2015 12:49:00 PM

Okay, so I bought this at Sephora when I had to return my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and was in a pretty vulnerable state of mind. (More on Tarte in another review)

So here I am in the chair, getting color-matched and the Sephora person tells me since I want full coverage and get shiny in my t-zone this is what I want and need. It's only a little bit more than Tarte. ($15 more) And this even though it did not come up in my color match choices.

Whatever. They put some on my jaw and the shade looks good. I'm feeling a bit better about the whole Tarte debacle so, instead of leaving so I can walk around and see-- a) if it oxidizes and b) how it looks in different light -- I buy it.

So it oxidizes a bit. And it wears off a bit around the 8 hour mark (okay, so what do I expect, right?). And it is light as air to wear. I absolutely love that part.

But full coverage? Nope. Not even super buildable. Fingers, sponges, using primer, not using primer, the works. It's just not full coverage. Full coverage to me means covering up some faint reddish patches on my 50ish skin and maybe the occasional memento of a former pimple. And that just didn't happen.

And the other reviews are right-- you have to be QUICK to get this on before it sets. (Oh and very important to note that it did not break me out. Let's not forget that vital piece of information.)

So I like this one. But it's not $55 USD worth of like.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love everything about this! Ive always veered away from liqud to powder formulas because of my horrible experience from Revlon and Maybelline. I was like this formula will never ever work. But after trying this out, i am very pleased. Bought mine from net a porter. I chose beige which is so neutral and grey but it's the closest for my olive skin tone. A good thorough blending should be done to avoid the dead ashy hue of this product. I use my real tech expert face brush and just pat it on my pores. Its very matte. I think they shouldve marketed this as a cream to clay formula because it's very very matte. I felt that my skin and pores are cleaned and refined. Contours and blush looked great with this foundation and the smell is just so so lovely. It smells like wine. I love the packaging which is so posh and luxurious. I use this everyday. The oil control is nothing compared to becca ever matte foundation but ive noticed that when i get oily with this, my skin looks radiant and fresh still. I just dab my skin with a thin layer of tissue then the oil is nada. You must buy this if youre just tired of all the matte foundation B.S. Marketing that cosmetic companies do. This is worth the try. Neutral toned people will find a perfect shade , but if youre yellow based, you have to work it out bec the foundation is one of a kind

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my go-to foundation for summer. In winter, forgetaboutit...too dry and will cling to my pores and look powdery obvious, not exactly the skin-like finish I go for. But on hot summer days, this foundation is perfect! I do moisturize well before using this, slap on a moisturizing sunscreen, wait a few mins to let that sink in a bit, then I pump a bit of this out and dot my face with it, using fingers to spread across my face. I dust some Hourglass dim or mood light all over, and am set to face the outdoors knowing I won't look like an oily mess by the time I get back home. This method has worked best for me...you definitely cannot just wash your face in the morning and then slap this on directly. No no no...it turns to powder and will suck up any moisture you have on your skin unless you moisturize very well beforehand. But the finish is skin like beautiful and the coverage is a solid medium with one thin layer. Wish it was cheaper but with Hourglass products, everything I have tried has been worth the price. ***Edit: I use the color Light Beige, which I think is a misleading name. It is described as medium with a yellow undertone. But I think it leans on the darker side of "medium".***

on 6/15/2015 10:24:00 PM

I'm surprised to see some low reviews. This is the best foundation I have ever used!
I'm in my 30s with oily-combination skin. Very pale.

Here's my list of pros!

1) drys to a matte finish instantly.
2) overtime my skin quality actually improved even when I wasn't wearing it.
3) every time I wear it, someone compliments on how fresh I look.
4) a bottle lasts quite a while
5) I use NO OTHER MAKEUP WITH IT! No concealer, no powder, no bronzer, nothing! Just HG foundation with some mascara - poof! I look amazing!

My only caution is to blend very well into areas you may get lines. A good worked-in application will prevent this from happening every time.
I can go an entire day with no touch ups.

Highly recommended!

on 6/7/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I did not like this at all. I have very oily skin, and this was recommended. However, it is a big disappointment. It is thick and you know you are wearing it. But, the big disappointment is in the fact that it made my face oilier quicker than other foundations I have tried. My Cover Girl 3-in-1 Outlast and Rimmel Matte Mousse Foundation are a lot better (and way cheaper). I know they say to splurge on your foundation. But, right now, the drugstore ones work a lot better for me.

on 6/3/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Okay, first off I have very oily skin and for years, I searched for a foundation which will help control my oils or at least keep it down low so I can blot after an hour or so lol. This foundation did the trick. It kept me matte for the most part and it worked well (as it should for the price-- I got it for $70!). The consistency is very interesting, you pump it out and at first you get a liquid-cream consistency and when applied it dries to a powder. Pretty cool. However, it does set really quickly so you definitely cannot dot it on the whole face and blend. How I applied it at first was I would put it on one side of my face, blend, then go over the other side. Or even put it on the brush and apply it that way. This foundation, due to the consistency, might not bode well with using a beauty blender as I feel it would just suck up all of the product. For summer, it was great when used alone but I found it too drying for the winter months so I ended up mixing it with another foundation, the Fit Me Matte by Maybelline. I actually loved it more when mixed with another foundation. Overall thumbs up!

In summary:

PROS
Matte and keeps you matte
Comes with a pump
Works well when mixed with other foundations

CONS
Super pricey!
Sets too quickly
Does not work well in winter months

on 5/7/2015 12:17:00 PM

I recently tried a sample of this in the color nude and I was kinda shocked how bad this stuff is for my skin, I have oily/ combination skin nc20-25 is my color range, the color nude in this foundation is too dark and kinda orangey. As for the formula it is light to medium coverage that sets fast to a powder finish it does cover pretty well, my biggest issue besides my face looking pretty orange is the lasting power and the oil control, this stuff was completely shiny and disappearing only after a few hours even though I used a setting powder on top, I didn't use a primer because I like a foundation that doesn't require primer for it to work, primer should just be a bonus to the foundation, not make the foundation. Overall this stuff does not mattify it only applys to a matte finish that will grease up way too quick.