September 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Foundations - Hourglass - Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by BalkanBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this foundation I hated it. I gave it another go and something still doesn't work for me. It's great if you have oily skin, which most of the time I do. But the texture and finish is very different and it can grab onto dry patches and also looks flat and a bit cakey. I also can't get it to look smooth and flawless; it's very evident I have it on which isn't a very good look. Try it ONLY if you have very oily skin and see how it goes for you. There isn't many people I'd recommend this to.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by BexieMUA

The color match was almost perfect, a little dark. But I'm also about an nc 10-15 for reference. The formula is so nice and really easy to spread with my real techniques expert face brush. I wish it had more coverage and lasted a little but longer on my very oily skin, but it makes my skin look well, immaculate! The texture of my skin is wonderful with this foundation and I really think it has helped with my pores! Hopefully it helps with my scars as well. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second bottle of the Hourglass Immaculate foundation. HG product. I found this foundation after watching Cassandra Bankson's review of foundations for oily skin on youtube, and she recommended that this is her HG. I went to Sephora and got matched to Golden in this foundation and couldn't wait to try it. On my way home, I read the reviews on makeupalley and noted that the reviews weren't that great. Still, I was hopeful and went home and tried the foundation. The consistency is thick and moussy. It goes on matte. I have the oiliest skin, and foundations (even some of the matte ones) slide off my face during the day (literally) - i mean I can feel the foundation coming off and my face becoming a glob of oily mess. I'd love to rock the dewy look, but my skin is so oily that it just gets a dirty look if I try to rock the "lit from within" look. I'm lucky in that my skin is already glowy, but when it gets oily, it just looks messy. I have little to no acne. My most important problem is oily skin. The Hourglass immaculate foundation goes on my skin matte, looks thinly applied, lets my skin shine through, but no matter how many hours I wear it, I still don't get that dirty, messy, oily look. I am on my second bottle of this. The bottle is beautiful. When it comes in the package, the dispenser pump is kept separate from the foundation bottle, which I thought is really sanitary. The bottle is beautiful. It's a shimmery silver and not messy. Really looks high end given that it's $55.00, a price I'm willing to pay for great foundation for perfect skin. Note: I apply with my hands a thin, smooth layer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkbubbles666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Recently, I was looking for a matte foundation with full coverage that was the right color for my skintone. After reading many reviews I decide to try this one. The first problem I encountered with this foundation was how the colors were organized. Usually it's pretty straightforward, fairest to darkest. But on Sephora and Hourglass's sites, they're kind of nonsensically arranged (a fair shade [Shell] is placed among very fair, and a tan shade wedged in with the deeps, wth??). I decide to go with Pearl, very fair with neutral undertones, since I want to neutralize the redness in my face.

After testing it in store and seeing that it looked to match my skin pretty closely, I decide to buy it. However after wearing it for a couple of months, I realize it's actually pretty darn tan and upon inspecting my face in a bathroom mirror, I discover that I have a border around my face differentiating my pasty Celtic complexion from the deep, George Hamilton-esque hue the foundation imparts. When wiped on a tissue, it looks downright orangey. "Very fair"=lies, fairy tales, fallacies.

So long story short, I am living happily ever after with my MAC NW10, I gaze into public bathroom mirrors satisfied that I have a foundation that matches my white as hell complexion.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by xpxoxd

I have extremely oily skin. I thought that this could solve all my problems. But it made my skin look like crap. Dry patches everywhere and a very unnatural powdery look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Laski

I had a sample and could use it twice to get to the following conclusion: The shade was a great match, it covered up any flaws really well, and it did mattify like I have seldom experienced it with another foundation, without drying out the skin. But, with both uses (one with primer underneath, one without) I found one thing that bugs me: after a while, it felt like a somehow greasy layer on my skin. It didnīt look that bad, not at all (I did have to blot a bit after a few hours, but I think thatīs normal in summer) - but it didnīt feel good to me. For the exorbitant price, I really would expect that it feels like cool, dry silk on my skin in summer, and like plush velvet in winter - but it just doesnīt, so I wonīt buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Received sample of this in shade Nude with a Sephora purchase. It contained enough product for two full uses on my face. It blended well, looked pretty good, wore okay. I'd say medium coverage for about 4 good hours on my oily summer skin. Honestly, I couldn't tell that much of a difference between this and the L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation. The only difference is the price. For about $60 for a full bottle of this stuff, it'd better make me look like freaking Kate Beckinsale. That didn't happen so hello again, L'oreal.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by CopyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so bummed that I spent so much money on this. An entire bottle nearly gone to waste. Note to self: always, always get a trial size of pricey foundation. It looked fine when I was color-matched with it in Sephora. And it mattified like crazy (best I've ever tried in that aspect), but after a few uses, I notice it left an unflattering gray cast to my skin--that also aged me. NOT a look I want when pushing 40. I have oily skin and live in an area with pretty humid summers, but i'll just have to go with Lancome or some other foundation that mattifies less effectively (yet still looks fairly natural) and reapply powder throughout the day, rather than deal with the gray old lady face this stuff delivered. Boo :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wear this foundation in Porcelain. For color reference I am NW20 in Mac, Fresco in EL DW, 4 in Armani Luminious Silk, Fiji in Nars Sheer Glow, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals powder.

I adore almost every Hourglass product but this just doesn't work for my skin. If you have good skin it's probably great cover but it did nothing to cover any imperfections I had. It looks very natural, but that's also probably part of it's coverage problem. I do not have dry skin but within about 15 minutes my cheeks felt really tight. They didn't look dry but felt dry. It's now been about 6 hours and the foundation still looks OK but feels tight. I've used better foundations. I will not rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by serendipity764

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the HG foundation for oily skin! I've tried soooo many different types of foundations and this is by far the best. It is a cream to powder formula with a matte but slightly satin finish so that it looks exactly like skin when properly applied. I have fry-an-egg-on-my-forehead type of acne prone oily skin year round. I'm a greaseball within 40 minutes of washing my face, and this keeps me completely matte for 4 hours (totally unheard of for me). I blot at the 4 hour mark and then I'm good to go for at least another 3 hours.

Proper application is KEY!!!! Use a stiffer buffing brush (I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it's perfect) and work in sections of your face to buff the foundation on each section quickly and in small light circles. Work fast or the foundation will turn to powder and dry out. I've used my fingers and a beauty blender dupe (Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge) before, but the coverage is patchy with those and the beauty blender dupe sucked up too much of this pricey foundation.

Light to medium coverage, so I go over spots with blemishes with a full coverage foundation like the MUFE Mat Velvet, Clinique Stay Matte, or ELF Acne Fighting Foundation. I always powder everything, but slightly oily or combination skin gals won't have to.

I usually don't wear a primer under this because they don't seem to mattify me more than just this foundation alone. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer also does not keep me matte and doesn't make this foundation more matte, although it seems to work for every other person. I am just too oily. My routine is cleanse, tone with Clinique Acne Solutions clarifying lotion (toner), tone with tea tree oil (good for acne), use a salicylic acid 2% serum, use a moisturizing sunscreen (I love Kiss My Face Face Factor), then this foundation.

Cons:
-Dry skin gals, this is NOT the product for you because it will enhance your dry patches. If you have dry patches, moisturize well before application
-I do find that this wears away a bit by the end of the day, so you will have to touch it up if you're going out in the evening.
-Price ($55 USDS), but you get what you pay for. I am a drugstore cheap beauty gal all the way, and this is the ONLY thing I will spend more than $35 on.