December 21, 2014 | 1650 users online

Mascara - ASTOR - Big & Beautiful Boom! Volume Mascara

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been so impressed by this mascara! It reminds me a lot of the original Diorshow, but without the high price tag.

It comes in a thick, gold substantial tube and has a very large brush. The brush reminds me,a lot of the Diorshow brush. The mascara is one of the "drier" formulas-- I consider this to be a good thing! It is about the same consistency as Diorshow. I found the black shade to be very black, and it did a really nice job of lengthening my lashes and providing volume. My lashes look almost like they would if I had used Diorshow! It is definitely not a subtle mascara. It also did not flake off during the day and stayed put until I took it off at night. Another plus point is that the tube lasted a lot longer than most drugstore mascaras do. And the price is really good, not to mention that it's often on special!

Overall, I liked this mascara a lot more than I expected to, and can say, without a doubt, that it is so far the best drugstore mascara I have ever tried. If you like the original Diorshow, you really should give this a try. It doesn't have the lovely Diorshow rose scent, but otherwise, it is quite similar. I definitely plan to repurchase!