January 27, 2015 | 1563 users online

Liquid - BeneFit Cosmetics - "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2015 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Gotbug12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation for when I have clear skin or want a light coverage look for school or the beach. I like the semi-matte, glowy finish it gives me, although when it dries I find it changes colour quite a lot. I can build it to a medium coverage with out looking cakey. The consistency is very runny so I find it best applies with my fingers or a sponge to get an even application with no streaks. The longevity is somewhat disappointing as after a short day at school it has started to break up in my oily zones despite having normal to dry skin and using a decent primer, however it never clings to my dry patches. I find this foundation works best when my skin is on the slightly drier side. I definitely have to set this with powder or the transfer is terrible.
Overall I really like this foundation for when I'm feeling good about my skin and have less to cover and don't need it to last awfully long.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2015 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Scx

I loved the finish but stopped after three times of use. Broke me out. Could be great for someone without sensitive acne prone skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2015 6:51:00 AM More reviews by jennyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Would just like to say that I do love Benefit products and I was sooooo disappointed when I tried this out at home.

Experience at the Counter-
First of all, I went to a Benefit counter to get it matched, the lady picked out a shade and put it on for me, she said 'i think that's a pretty perfect match' I turned to the mirror, and it was so yellow it was unbelievable, I understand that would match other people, but come on it looked completely out of shape on me. I kindly said ' no its not right' and picked up one that was close to me that looked more like my shade and it was 'Believe in me ivory' which to be honest matched me so perfectly. Happy me so far! I was happy to pay the price as I don't mind spending more money to get better quality. My experience the counter was satisfactory though the lady was very nice, just seemed like she couldn't be bothered.

Packaging- I love the packaging of the foundation, its fresh, cute and modern! I must say the pump in this foundation is the best pump I have seen in any foundation, in both drugstore and higher end.

Wear/Feel- I went home and immediately took my current makeup off so I could try it. uh oh... I found it very thin and watery, and made me look so shiny too, I don't have bad skin, or spots (I know, I can thank my mother for that) but I do like a lot of coverage, i'd say medium to fullish. She said it was build able and it is... if you have the patience.. I don't! I do not have time to be faffing about putting two-three layers of foundation on the morning, totally not particle, it is very hard to build up as the formula is so watery. I tried it with the primer also but it didn't help. It slid of my face when I wore the foundation properly, for a day after about 4 hours, it made my normally if anything dry skin look very greasy, even with a primer AND the cover powder that goes with it.

Price- The price of this foundation in the UK is £26.50 which to me I don't mind spending that much.. IF IT WORKED. But it doesn't.. so I was totally annoyed that I had spent that much when I worked out that this foundation is a total flop.

Conclusion: I don't know, its not for me, it may work for other people don't get me wrong. Maybe its would be best wearing it in summer? Because its so sheer and light weight! Who knows, all I know is that my quest for the perfect foundation for me is open again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Benefit is one of my favorite makeup brands ever. Since I am a huge fan and longtime user of the Benetint line, They're Real! mascara, and Porefessional primer, I figured I would give the foundation a try after overlooking it many times before. So off to my local Sephora, I went.

For starters, Benefit's displays, packaging, and product names are generally very fun and appealing, with this foundation being no exception. The bright colorful shelving is very eyecatching and draws you in. As I approached, I noticed an immediate con with this foundation: the lack of shade options. There are only nine shades in the line, all with warm undertones. I've read and seen many reviews which complain about the lightest shade being too dark, the darkest shade being too light, the absence of cool and neutral tones, and the warm tones being too orange.

With so little colors to choose from, it did not take me long to find a match, so I picked up the shade 'Gotta Know Me' Nutmeg (NW 45 for comparison). It is, unfortunately, the darkest shade in the line, but matches my complexion perfectly, so none of the aforementioned complaints apply to me. The packaging is simple, sleek, modern, and cute. It comes in a convenient pump bottle, which is always appreciated.

The formula is excellent. Its texture is super light, a little thin, for some, non-greasy, and blends easily into the skin, regardless of tools. Some say it sets too quickly for them to blend out well enough, but I don't think so. I find it to have a light to medium coverage, and is easily buildable. I can do my whole face and blend into my neck with two or three pumps, depending on desired coverage. I love that it does not oxidize or look/feel like "makeup" sitting on your skin. This foundation has a very natural finish, as well, not being too dewy or matte, but providing a glowy, satin-like effect. It covers acne pretty well, and glides over pores and fine lines, beatifully without primer, but looks even more flawless with a primer. The staying power is excellent as well, usually remaining on my face oil-free for seven hours without primer, eight or more with. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin, and I have not experienced any adverse reactions, irritation, or break outs. It works well with combo/oily skin, though it may cling to very dry spots.

This is probably one of my absolute favorite foundations, now. I love the way it feels and makes my skin look, and the addition of SPF 25 is an added benefit. I don't mind paying $36 for an ounce, as it can easily be purchased online, at Sephora, Ulta, or Benefit counters in department stores. I've repurchased many times before, and will definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 4:48:00 PM More reviews by mollypaige143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I read a lot of reviews about this and a lot of people said absolutely no. When the girl working at sephora suggested it I hesitated, but hey she's doing my makeup for free so why not try it right? She brought over honey (I'm so money) and it looked great in the bottle but very orange on my face. We were both a little perplexed, but even though it was the wrong shade I could see how smooth and awesome my face looked just on that little patch she had tested. She brought me over another shade, Ivory (I'm pure for sure) which turned out to be my perfect shade. As people have mentioned, there is a yellowish tint, but hello people, if you don't have a yellow based skin tone don't be surprised a yellow based foundation doesn't work on you! On my skin tone it was lovely, blended fantastically, and gave me a perfect velvety dewy finish to my skin that looked radiant and healthy. I was afraid of this foundation, but I am glad I gave it a chance!
That being said, I have fairly clear and smooth skin that tends to be on the dry side. It is designed to be a light coverage foundation, and that is exactly what it is good for. It evened out my skin tone, offering me the amount of coverage I was looking for, but if you want something heavy to hide your every imperfection, this is not the foundation for you. If you're looking for something light and everyday that will make you absolutely glow, please give this product a chance!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2015 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Jeejayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Worst foundation I have EVER used. Didn't last me through six hours of work. Zero coverage, even with the powder, I don't know what it's called, it's as bad as the foundation. It doesn't even go on my skin even, even with the porefessional as a primer. Second benefit product that I'm not happy with. Will only trust the eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 8:59:00 PM More reviews by cakesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Upon first applying this (I didn't use a primer), my reaction was, No. The coverage was light but uneven, and with the poor shade selection, the color was too yellow/orange and a smidge dark for my fair, cool complexion. I set it with my usual powder, and that didn't improve the situation.

But when I looked in the mirror several hours later, I was surprised to see that my face looked good, better than it had when I left my house. Everything seemed to kind of even out. And my skin is very combo this winter. Very dry patches, and still quite oily in the t zone. This did pretty well in both areas. My forehead wasn't super greasy, and it didn't accentuate dry patches at all! Which is the first thing I've tried this winter that I can say that about. And wear time seemed decent too. It didn't appear to be fading off too much in the afternoon.

I won't be purchasing this, mostly because I just can't bear the off color and uneven coverage when I first apply, but I can see where it would be liked by others. I wish I could give it a 3 1/2.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2015 7:27:00 PM More reviews by HonestReviews

What can I say, I read ALOT of reviews on this product speculating whether to buy it or not! And now that I have I am so glad I ignored some of the reviews! This foundation is beautiful for those who are seeking a lightweight feel, with the right amount of coverage to even out the complexion naturally whilst still providing a good base for other products.

Let me start by saying, if you are seeking a FULL coverage, this foundation is not it! Nor does it claim to be! Ofcourse it can be builded up, but when used how it is marketed, the finish is gorgeous.
I genuinely believe that the negative reviews this foundation receives is not based on the product itself but based upon the clients needs in a foundation, the application method and in general not fully understanding what the product offers.

So let's look at the Pro's and Cons

Pro's
- Provides a natural looking coverage
- Velvety feel, does not feel greasy on the skin
- Lasting power is good, and better if the matching Hello Flawless Powder is used sheerly through the T-Zone
- Does not cake
- Can be builded in problemed areas (I would recommend building and blending through problems rather than adding an entire layer to the face)
- Does Not oxidise
- Yellow undertones

Cons
- Range of colours is minimal
- Will not stop pimples from peaking through (however with this level of coverage it is not supposed too! just add some of benefits BOIING industrial strength concealer)
- does not offer many pinker tones for those who prefer it.

Application
I find that using a standard foundation brush (like a paintbrush flat on both sides) works best with this foundations consistency. It allows you to spread the product evenly and flawlessly without losing the foundation within the bristles (which would happen with a buffing brush) I do think a damp beauty blender can also give a beautiful look, however you will need a bit more product (if you desire) as the dampness on the sponge sheers it out a little.

Consistency
The foundation is a lightweight more "watery" feel. if you prefer gel like or thicker consistency, this is not for you.

Who's Skin?
I would recommend this foundation to those with normal, combination and dry skin. However if you have oily skin which usually oils up with foundations, then this foundation will be no different (it is not specifically made for oil control) but you know the drill! Primer!
This is very kind to my skin, it does not break out, and has no strong scent.

Finish
Provides a natural drained, however remains velvety with some matte properties.

Pairs well with?
This pairs well with there Hello Flawless Powder in the T-Zone! Add some Hoola Bronzer, blush of your choice and your favourite Highlighter (I used Mac's Perfect Topping). And Voila! your Base is complete and ready for the next step in the makeup process!

I hope you enjoyed this review, please leave me a reply on your opinion, on other tips and trick.

Brought to you by Honest Reviews

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2015 6:59:00 PM More reviews by thebriggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently received a sample of this to try out and I am so glad I didn't spend the money for the full size. It wasn't a terrible foundation per say, it is just not what I was looking for. I go for medium to full coverage in my foundations, and this one was very sheer. It wasn't buildable and it dried too fast on my face. I had to do small sections at a time, but I couldn't get the sections to blend together, so I had cakey looking lines where the foundation wouldn't blend together. This is the first time I've been disappointed by benefit's foundations. They have really never worked for me. It seems like they only cater to people who have normal to oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2015 6:09:00 PM More reviews by elisabethroselyn

I had high hopes for this product but i was dissapointed even after the first use. I mean it's not too bad but considering it being a high-end brand and for the price, i'd expect it to be better. I could get a better foundation at the drugstore! Kind of hard to blend, if you have dry skin stay away from this! It left dry patches is not what any of us would want, can be cakey.
Would not recommend, if youre gonna splurge on makeup i would not go for this at all.