April 17, 2014 | 1640 users online

Fragrances - Stella McCartney - L.I.L.Y.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Such a pretty little fragrance Lily is but perplexing at the same time. Upon first spritz it has a sharp rubbing alcohol scent to it but that goes away quickly. It is replaced by a beautiful floral lily of the valley note. Lily is the kind of fragrance i like to call a "masculine floral". Lily of the valley is a woodland flower and the fragrance captures the roots and the earthy parts of the flower too. Musk and oakmoss add to the masculinity of the fragrance but it always keeps its pretty, delicate floralcy. The bottle is kind of weird too. A beautiful, feminine crystal surrounded by a modern, metal frame that exudes a masculine edge. Feminine meets masculine....that's what Lily is.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by missmeniss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first spritz is very strong like an old lady battlefield of floral polyester armor and wig-twistin carnage- It actually made me heave a little. Then It dried down a bit, and I still don't like it, but I will say that you should wear it a bit before passing judgement. You know, get to know it a bit? I can see how the woodsy grassiness could be very androgynous sexy. LIke you rolled around outdoors with a big strong man...

Like I said, I don't like it. That's a shame because the bottle is absolutely beautiful.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is technically in the chypre category...which is one type of fragrance I can pretty much never wear. So, yay for this wearable chypre! :D Usually such scents smell "old" and kinda musty on me, but this one is less earthy and more crisp. I would say it's green and peppery, but with a small hint of a sweet, smooth undertone. I definitely feel it is related to the original Stella (they were created by the same guy). It's like Stella's lighter, less flowery, less mysterious sister. It's fresh but also kind of warm and spicy and sexy...but on the dry side. It definitely smells expensive and sophisticated IMO...more for someone mid-20's and up. It's not my fave, as I tend toward sweeter florals, but I do get compliments on it (and from men). So...I say give it a try! If nothing else, it is unique and doesn't really smell like everything else out there. A modern scent that doesn't make you smell like you just finished your shift at Jamba Juice. :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this scent when I first bought it, but after wearing it for several months, I am no longer pleased with it. It's green, sharp and spicy, and somewhat strong, and I feel uncomfortable when I wear it. It doesn't suit my personality at all. It lasts all day, and just a couple sprays are enough. It must work well with my body chemistry because I get a lot of compliments when I wear it, so I will use it until my bottle is gone. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

are you kidding me?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sewong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love the look of the bottle. A drier floral and not too musky, Lily is quite different from the original Stella and smells very fresh and pretty. A carefree fragrance that dries down to a warmer, more delicate scent. Love this fragrance!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Jinstellakwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Saw the bottle, fell in love with the smell, and asked one of the girls at Sephora to make me a sample. It is definitely feminine in a non-conventional way. A bit musky without being overbearing or too old. This might sounds weird, but when I smell it I think of an enchanted forest. Go figure.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by smhoffman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This one had me stymied for a few wears. It is very dry, no juice at all. It is green and the pepper is front and center. It's a little asexual and definitely sophisticated. This is a powerful scent- a status scent. This is for swinging with the big boys, not turning them on.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as a gift and didn't expect much from it. I'm a big fan of the original Stella edp, but LILY seemed a bit anonymous, too light and casual to me at first try. However it's really grown on me and I find myself reaching for LILY every time I want a subtle, clean scent that's not offensive to anyone but still sexy and classy. I've been using it since September, but I can see it being even better for spring and summer. A nice alternative to my heavier (Chanel) fragrances. I'd maybe even buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stella has been my go-to fragrance for the last 6 years so I had high hopes for LILY. Initially this smelled nice, but it devolved into something that reminded me of self-tanner. Unfortunately, not a fan but I still love the original Stella.