October 20, 2014 | 1570 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Essence - Essence 24h Hand Protection Balm

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is pretty good on-the-go hand cream. It's not sticky but also doesn't moisturize very well. Nothing special and I wouldn't repurchase (even though it's not even 4euros) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for three months now, and for two months it really helped me when I have cracked hands due to constantly staying in an air-conditioned room. Now, I'm using it every night to moisturise my hands as I sleep in an air-conditioned room which proves to be rather drying for my skin.

The lotion is a more like a lightweight cream that sinks easily into the skin if you spend a few minutes to rub it in well. This step applies for whatever lotion you're using on whatever part of your body. I think for those who think that this is greasy, you might have skipped the step above. Once it is absorbed, I'm left with soft and smooth skin and the next morning, I would wake up with my hands still feeling hydrated. I'm sure that with long term use, my hands would be able to retain moisture well and subsequently, the youthful look too.

You don't need too much of this. I like to apply it layer by layer. After rubbing in a thin layer, I would add on another layer. That is usually sufficient for me.

I tend to wear scents a lot during the day. I did use this during daytime when I'm wearing perfume. The light refreshing and slightly herbal scent of this hand balm does not compete with my fragrance of choice (usually YSL Parisienne). Unlike the Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams which are heavily scented, I find the scent to be non-offensive at all, and it gradually fades away into an extremely light scent.

I bought this at ALT in Singapore for only around $3. For its extremely affordable price, this is a true winner. I would continue to repurchase this. When I get older, I might switch to another brand of hand cream that helps in anti-ageing, but for now, I'm extremely happy just using this good basic hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love it, its really hydrating and it smells good all coco nutty and I'm into that :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do not find this cream hydrating at all.It just leaves a greasy film on my skin.The only positive feature it has is the smell.