Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Hmm, this is an unusual one. I expected an oriental mixture of coffee and roses but I don't get any of that. The opening is intensely green but not bitter, I'd say completely neutral in terms of sweetness and quite fresh. Surely not contemporary though, could by an early '90s scent by Clinique or Kenzo.
The angelica, magnolia and mandarin are noticeable. Then the roses slowly start to blossom, they are red and velvety. I tried hard to detect the coffee and it might be there but either is just a hint or I'm imagining things. Everything is really well blended, the woods really take over the drydown and last!
Quite an interesting fragrance but wouldn't recommend blind buying.

I have worn this almost exclusively for 11 years. I found it first in London when it was first introduced. I am devastated to find it is discontinued. On the the fragrance is perfect. Strangers stop me to ask what scent I am wearing. I have 6-8 bottles stockpiled in a cool dark place. I don't know what I am gong to do when I can no longer obtain it. I keep checking on a weekly basis to see what I can find. I may try Amazon UK to see what they might have. It definitely my signature fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

it smelled rather nice in a small testing tube. good thing i did not splurged on it - it smells simply bad out of the bottle. like an old dusty attic full of long stored linens, ripped blankets and broken toys. someone mentioned it reminded them of the grandmother's home. yes, it does and not in a good way. putting it on you too will smell like a very old woman, someone who bought her mink coat sometimes last century.
not the image most of us want to project, n'est pas

L'Or de Torrente is an easy to wear oriental that is suitable for adult women of nearly any age. Not too spicy, not too sweet, comforting & warm, unoffensive. Stays close to the skin. In my opinion, it's a nice "mom" scent to wear around teens & other adults.

I think the rose in L'Or is pretty darn fabulous & unusual. A real pleaser. If only L'Or was about roses, but it's not. L'Or is all about coffee. Every once & awhile I get a whiff of the coffee, which changes character as it drys. But also, once & awhile I am picking up something just a tad astringent like coffee is, but I think it's the cedar. L'Or develops into something like bourbon or dark rum on me before settling into its base, which is weak & bland. A lackluster ending to a nice start.

I like L'Or de Torrente, but not enough to purchase a full bottle or additional products (gels, lotions, etc), which I would need if I decided to add it to my rotation.

I tested both version, the Eau de Toilette and the Eau de Parfum and all I have to say is: Very different.
EDT: A crisp, fruity concoction without coffee. I gave it away.
EDP: Lovely, feminine, floral, sweet (but not too much) and I can detect the coffee note.

I own so many fragrances I love much more, so this frag is not a must-have, but I can recommend the Eau de Parfum, not the EDT.

I initially bought this because I noticed the notes in the perfume, as well as the gorgeous packaging gift set that I purchased. The perfume is a little sweet, but not too sweet, and I do pick up the coffee scent, although it's more like coffee with cream. Very, very pretty, but does not last long on me even when layered with the body lotion.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Tart fruits with light florals over a woody amber base with the merest hint of coffee to keep it from being a fruity floral. It's far lighter than the base notes make it sound. It almost reminds me of Kelly Caleche in that same herbal chamomile tea feel. Light but layered. Very nice, though I won't buy it as it's not my type of thing.

I reviewed this about two years ago, then deleted my review because I thought my bottle might have gone bad--not fair to rate a perfume based on spoiled juice. I'd gotten the dreaded "rotten egg" note others have mentioned. For some reason I tried it again today, and it smells fine. Same bottle. Skin chemistry is strange. I still wouldn't repurchase this, as the rotten eggs might return! It's also a bit too "been there, done that" in spite of the unusual coffee note (it's very faint--I'd love more coffee in this; it's even weaker than the coffee note in Cacharel Noa). It reminds me of both Noa and Tresor--same sweet peachy rose in the heart, deeper than Noa, lighter than Tresor, with Noa's hint of greenness. There's also a lot of Casmir and/or Hanae Mori in the drydown--sweet fruity-florals with synthetic, pencil-shavings-wood notes in the drydown, but L'Or isn't as super-sweet as either of those, and better for year-round wear (though perhaps not on the hottest days). There's a deeper rose note weaving in and out, a lovely winey red rose--I'd love to pluck it out and wear it on my collar!--but it isn't interesting enough to make up for the bland synthetic sweetness.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

[EDP 50ml]
The beautiful bottle attracted me at first sight.
It's Fruity at the begining. Then it goes to honey, vanilla & mocha in a creamy base on me. Sweet, but not too much. The scent brings me happiness. Love it.

I've read all the reviews and I agree with all of them, yes even the ones that love and hate this. It's a weird perfume and it's one of those that can come off as so different on everyone. Some get mainly coffee, some get no coffee - how can that be possible - it's the same scent?? Anyway, this scent seems to have alot of layers going on and I think what you smell mainly is due to your own chemistry, which explains everyone's different experiences - from rotten eggs, to creamy coffee, to spicy fruits! One thing is agreed though, it has alot of sillage and is very long lasting. And also it reminds me alot of Mira Bai, but this is definetely stronger. It basically opens quite fruity on me (mandarin/kiwi), there are definetely some spices and rose, and a some kind of gourmandy thing going on, but I wouldnt exactly say coffee, I can't really pinpoint it but its some honeyed gourmand concoction. I can (faintly) smell the cedar and woods in the base. I don't get much vanilla either. I can see why this is gag-worthy for some and I believe it is the roses - not just the roses but the way this single scent mingles with the others creates the faintest hint of rotten. I could still wear this though - at night, in winter and just a spray will do.

Popular Fragrances