September 23, 2014 | 1113 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - brightening finishing powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Porcelain Pearl was indeed lovely when the SA applied it. She was one of those super aggressive SAs, and somehow I found myself buying it without even asking about the price ($52.00 - gulp!). Then I had to go to Target. And there was an NYX dupe staring me in the face for $8.99. Okay, the Bobbi Brown packaging is far more elegant, but they make such a big deal about how fragile the product is that I would be afraid to carry it around to show it off anyway. I headed straight back to Bobbi Brown to return the Porcelain Pearl. (And don't you hate it when you feel bullied into a purchase?). It's totally worth it to check out NYX if you're tempted to buy this. They have both shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is fantastic for my 45+ skin. I use this as a finishing powder to set my makeup, which is usually some sort of tinted moisturizer, or, if I'm having a particularly good skin day, just concealer. Yes, it's shimmery, but there are no sparkles, or glitter such as previous reviewers mentioned. This product not only sets my makeup, but it gives my skin a natural glow. It's NOT a bronzer, but the one light bronze square in the compact seems to give life to my skin by adding the tiniest hint of color. It's really very subtle. This powder seems to diffuse imperfections and it doesn't settle into fine lines. I love how it brightens my face. It leaves me looking radiant! This is one item that can remain in my bag for all 4 seasons. It seems to adjust to whatever my skin needs at the moment. It's magic. I'm NC 25-30 and I get Nude. The makeup itself is simply gorgeous to look at. My heart skips a beat when I look at it. LOL. The packaging is sleek and the price, well, it's Bobbi, so it's going to be pricey, but it's worth every single penny. I've purchased it 2x already.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by gfreling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have repurchased the Bobbi Brown Brightening Nudes, Brightening Finishing Powder, three times already. It is an amazing, weightless brightening powder that gives my skin a subtle glow. I use it all over my face and apply it with a Two Faced large powder brush (I highly recommend this brush too). I even sweep the powder over my eye lids for a eye shadow base. It is by far the best powder I have used and helps to make my face look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder. I bought it in color "nude" and I think its great! I apply it on my cheek bones and the bridge of my nose as the last finishing touch and it gives that subtle gentile glow which is just sooo nice. It stays on all day, its gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by JaneAnstee

This review is for the Porcelain Pearl colourway. This is the best brightening/illuminating powder I have tried. It makes me look more awake and more rested than I actually am and gives my skin an airbrushed finish. Thoroughly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is primarily used as an all-over powder to set makeup which adds a soft focus glow to the skin. Since it does have illuminators in it, definitely use a large powder brush and lightly dust over the face - don't buff the product in, otherwise you'll definitely see the shimmer particles and it may look chalky on darker skintones. In natural light, I don't see a dramatic difference, but when taking photographs this truly makes the skin look like it's lit from within, and not in a ghostly way as some illuminators can do with flash photography.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Newyorking

I wrote my previous review below but need to update it. I have been using this powder for a while now, and see a ton of flaws. I don't like glittery powders, but each time I look at my face in the mirror with this powder I see small specks of glitter. I don't like that at all. I was hoping that this would brighten my face naturally, which it does but you do see the glitter. I am disappointed with this product. I have used too much of it to be able to return. I am eyeing Guerlain meteorite, hopefully when I have used enough of this BB powder I can buy something else. My skin is very sensitive and combination, this doesn't cause it to break out. The glitter is not easy to get out with a facial cleanser either. I use eye makeup remover but for the rest I prefer to use cream cleanser, doesn't work well in removing all the glitter.

I will not be buying this product again. I have read so many good things about BB, so far I purchased the eye corrector and this one, am disappointed with both. Not sure if I will buy BB again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Brightening Finishing Powder is part of the Brightening Nudes collection launched in February 2012. I am quite surprised to read the previous reviews where users found this powder glittery. The Brightening Finishing Powder makes my light skin glow in a subtle, understated way without being over the top shimmery at all. For reference: I am blond and light skinned MAC NW15/BB Porcelain. I find it to be is a wonderful remedy against the winter doldrums. Very finely milled, the powder seems to soften my complexion resulting in a sheer, airbrushed look. I like that the shades in this compact are neutral, not too warm, and not too cool either, just perfect. Sleek silver square compact with a mirror in the lid is also very beautiful. I am quite happy with this purchase. Price: $50.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by abbe4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am surprised by the other reviews, but then, I am not familiar with the other products mentioned. And, I do not use bronzers - I am too fair and too old. I Really Like this: it looks wonderful on my very fair skin, and I use it either instead of blush, or on top of blush: If used lightly, it doesn't show "sparkly" at all - but the other way I have been using it is over my eye-shadow makeup, which often tends to 'drag' me down - I actually love this product for that, and I plan to use in place of e/s.
I plan to use it over the new eye canvas by Laura Mercier.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is really a beautiful powder in a beautiful compact, which comes with its own protective pouch. It really does brighten up the face a little, and add a subtle luminous glow, but my major beef with this powder is that you can see little flecks of glitter on your face. Actually, they're not even glitter...they're more like little shimmer flecks. They're very small, much smaller than what you'd usually think of as glitter, and a little iridescent.

You can't see the glitter until you get within maybe 4-5 inches of the mirror, but once you see, you cannot un-see. This looked especially bad on my forehead, where I could see it emphasizing my pores - again, only when I get close enough to the mirror. I don't think someone you interact with normally would notice it, but if your SO leaned in close for a kiss, they might get an eyeful of that glitter.

I had really high hopes for this product, and I'm kind of bummed that I have to return it...but the glitter flecks are a dealbreaker for me. Maybe this would work better for someone who doesn't mind it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No