April 19, 2014 | 1791 users online

Polishes - Chanel - LE VERNIS #533 APRIL

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this in March just to wear it in April. The viewer below had it right in calling it a vintage red. At first I thought maybe it was too blah for me or too berry colored. But the shade is actually really classy and has a softness too it that makes it very feminine and pretty. I use two coats (with a base and top coat) in order to get a shade that matches the bottle. Can't really describe it, except to say it is a dusky red rose that looks almost garnet. I find myself reaching for it more lately than any of my other favorite colors. Would definitely repurchase, but have to take one lippie off for the price. Chanel does great polishes, but almost $30 is insane.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this is a beautiful color! Reminds me a lot of Rouge Fatal, an old favorite of mine. This is so classy and timeless chic. I love these dark, slightly vintage reds against my fair skin and strawberry blonde hair. My boyfriend loves it too. Will continue to wear this all year round.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Svanhvit

I do love this, and will wear it a lot, and probably repurchase if I ever run out. But I knocked one lippy off as it takes 3 coats to achieve the dusty, muted, interesting colour you see in the bottle. With two coats, it's pretty much opaque, but you get kind of a boring rose-red colour. With three, it's one of those interesting, can't-quite-work-it-out colours that you can't stop looking at - a mix of dusty red, bordeaux, purple and brown. Love!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK maybe I remember the 80's too well or maybe it's that I work in a place caught in the 80s but this colour just completely reminds me of the 80s when the colours started to break away from the red trend. I do not love it at all. Again, my own personal opinion, but I was bored just looking at it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

April is an ironic name for a colour released in the spring collection because this is a lovely autumn colour (which actually works out well for us Aussies where April is autumn)

It's a hard colour to describe. Is it plum? Is it red? Is it pink? It seems to fall in all those categories but my description would be that it is plum with a bit of brown in it. To be honest the colour changes depending on how many coats. It's a delicate rosy-red with one coat, a rosy-plum with a second and a rosy-berry with a third. In any case, it's a classic, elegant colour that one would expect from Chanel.

This applies very smoothly and is self levelling. It has it's own beautiful gloss but a top coat helps (if nothing else to protect from chipping)

Will definitely buy again as I think it's a nail-polish staple colour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Chanel April is a beautiful creamy, blue based bordeaux in the usual good Chanel quality. From looking at the bottle, I had expected the color to be lighter and more dusty than it actually is on the nail, and I tend to agree with the previous reviewer that this color perhaps is better suited for January than April. I think, I had expected this to be more of an "un-red" red - a subtle, very wearable reddish rose that wouldn't be as much in your face as a standard red. That, I think, it's not. However beautiful and interesting the color is, the impression you get is that of bordeaux nails. The color, I have in my collection, that is closest to it is OPI "Just a little Rösti at this" which is a tad darker, but basically the same color.

After the first coat the color on the nail was a nice well pigmented fuchsia. I could easily have stopped after two coats, but I didn't think the color was muted enough so I went on with a third. The third coat did make the color slightly more dusty, but it also made the polish look a bit thick.

I won't repurchase - not because there is anything wrong with neither the color nor the quality, but because I think there are far more beautiful bordeaux polishes out there already. And I do wish Chanel would make that dusty, greyish and muted red I thought this one was. I need it in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the usual, great, quality, smoothly applied Chanel nail polish. It wears well, and the color rocks. It is a strange, muted, plum-ish, red---- similar to OPI 20 candles on my cake, but less brown.
It is new for Spring 2012-- but it does not look like "April" it looks like January. Winter-y--- and reminds one of mulled wine. However, i lemmed it for at least a week, and im glad i bought it. The color is gorge.

Chanel released three polishes for Spring 2012 - April, May, and June. cute idea, but only May and June match their months, one a pink, the other a peach/coral.

quality excellent, color beautiful, wears and applies well.