January 29, 2015 | 1083 users online

Mascara - Essence - get big lashes volume boost mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Mika7Corra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the waterproof one (blue packaging) on a whim because I was running out of my old one and I have to say I'm very impressed! With this mascara, there is no clumping whatsoever, just natural-looking,thick lashes. With most mascaras, I have to wipe the excess on a tissue first before applying to avoid clumps but with this one, I just need a few swipes on my eyelashes and I'm done! I'd definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 11:11:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A big, wet, clumpy disaster.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 9:31:00 AM More reviews by carrajay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

(I'm actually reviewing the waterproof version, in the blue tube.)

This mascara is my favourite right now, because it's so reliable and gives defined, curled, slightly volumised and lengthened lashes everytime. I initially didn't like it that much, because I found the wand way too big and the formula too wet - it would smudge and get all over my eyelids if I didn't apply it extremely carefully. Now that the formula has dried up and I'm used to the wand, I can apply this really quickly and get the same (great!) results each time. The formula is definitely waterproof, but not exactly smudgeproof. This and its bulky, somewhat unsightly packaging are the only complaints I can really think of. Definitely worth trying for the price! I'm not sure if it's HG material but I will definitely repurchase this again and again until I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Essence Get Big Lashes! Volume Mascara

The Good:

Love the brush! It's medium-big, round with tapered ends, bristle (not plastic) and great for building and picking up lashes without creating clumps or stickiness.

Pigmentation is decent; a good, standard black.

Formula is wet, which I like, and is not clumpy or crumbly. Dries on quickly, isn't crunchy, provides a decent bit of volume and length.

Lasts well without flaking or smearing, yet washes off easily.

Price is great at $4<.

THE CAVEAT:
It stung my eyes and made them water. I'm not usually mascara/eye sensitive at all but something in this formula really irritated my eyes. So while it's a good overall mascara, beware that it may cause the same issue for you. But if it doesn't, then for $4, you'll do alright with this one. As for me, I cleaned the brush to use it with another formula since it really is that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by DezineOptional

This review is actually for the Essence Get Big Lashes Volume Curl Mascara (I couldn't find it on the site).

Seriously...Holy S**t! I bought this today because I figured for $3.99 CAD I couldn't really go wrong. If it sucks, I haven't burnt a hole in my pocket. If it's great then I've just saved myself $9 on my mascara purchase. Well...let me tell you that I am completely shocked! This stuff is golden! The formula is just wet enough that it's got incredible colour payoff, yet tack enough that it's not goopy or clumpy. I put on two coats, and have absolutely no clumping whatsoever. It does exactly what it claims to do...build volume and curl PLUS...it also lengthens. The bristles are so tightly packed in the curved synthetic brush, that they grab the lashes from the root and give the ability to wiggle back and forth while applying the product (in my opinion, this is the best way to apply mascara to get volume and coverage).

I'm pretty sure, I've just found my new favorite mascara and I don't have to spend more that $4...what more could a girl ask for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

What a steal! One of the best or the best mascara I've ever tried and it's from Essence! For 3 Swiss Francs! Someone recently posted a review on this and, I laughed. So for a few coins, of course I would try this! I expected clumpy, dry, rock hard, droopy lashes, with lots of irritation. I bought this, applied on bare lashes(also curled) the Results: LONG, thickened, black lashes with hardly any clumps. Impressive!!!! But how do they fair throughout the day?! They stayed, curl and all. Can also be layered which many mascars cannot hold up to. I am a snob when it comes to makeup and I do prefer high end. I will never choose high end mascaras ever, especially after this one. The packaging is cute and kitchy and that doesn't bother me. Give this a chance! Really and very impressed!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the applicator brush on this mascara, I usually prefer rubber applicators but this one is really nice and works great for evenly applying product on my lashes. It's great for adding volume, but does nothing for length what so ever. Stays on all day, does not smudge or flake on me and it's a matte black finish. Holds a curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by nelehhx

Just to clarify - this is for the WATERPROOF version. The blue tube ;)

I have stupid eyelashes. They are short, and stupid, and I hate them. I don't have any problems with volume, because I've got a heap of 'em, but many mascaras couldn't hold a damn curl if their lives depended on it, and I'm used to looking like I have NONE.

This stuff holds a MAD curl. You can actually SEE my eyelashes. They are defined and lovely - and the stuff is like $4, sheer insanity.

However - I'm quite the drama queen. I like having super dark lashes, and this does clump a bit when it's layered too much. So what I often do, is use this stuff as a base coat, and go over it with another mascara that is as black as my soul.

Voila - big, black lashes. You're welcome.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by subahe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like this mascara, because it flaked a lot on me. When I bought it, I was expecting it would give a lot of volume to my lashes, but I only got to use it three times, because it flaked so badly. Before buying it, note that the brush is really big. The tube is really big, you get 12 ml/0.40 fl. oz. for 3-4 euros.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this mascara and it gave me great lashes. The only problem is that the wand is too bit for my eyes so after all I won't purchase it again