Essence get big lashes volume boost mascara

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), AQUA (WATER), CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, SILICA, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, BISABOLOL, TBHQ, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

on 8/17/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It is a very inexpensive mascara and looks great on your lashes!
gives quite a lot of volume would definitely buy again for this price and the volume it gives my lashes :)

on 8/16/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the one in the black tube with yellow and red. So far it is the best of the essence brand mascaras. I will admit that I prefer Hypnose and Chanel Le Volume, but for a very inexpensive mascara this does a great job. It just requires a little more effort. There is not a lot of product in the tube and it is slightly dry, so you need to put on several coats. But it has a nice big brush, similar to Diorshow, and you do get a fanned out, long, fluttery effect. Just get one from the back that has not been opened as they rarely seal these.

on 8/8/2015 9:34:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised with this mascara! For about $4 CAD, I don't really think I could ask for anything better. I don't have issues with flaking or smudging during the day (I usually only apply one coat of mascara to keep it natural so I can't comment on what multiple coats would do) and this product gives me decently volumized and darkened lashes without looking spidery or fake. The brush is rather large so it takes some getting used to, but if I get any mascara on my eyelid I just wait for it to dry and brush it away with a cotton swab. No big deal.

The biggest con with this and pretty much all of the other Essence mascaras I saw in the display is that the tubes aren't sealed in any way. There's no way to know if someone has opened and/or sampled the tube you're buying. I don't like that, but I just grabbed one from near the back of the display. It's an annoyance but it won't keep me from repurchasing.

Granted, this isn't the absolute most amazing mascara in the world, but if you're trying to save a few bucks it's worth a try. If you're torn because of the mixed reviews, I say go for it anyway. It's so affordable that there's so little to lose, even if you don't love it.

on 7/16/2015 4:39:00 PM

It's hard for me to even describe how I feel about this mascara. I think it's just weird.

I should have known from the price tag not to expect much, but I had some hope. It was pretty dry, and this was right after buying it and opening it. Inoticed some reviews mention it's pretty wet, so maybe it was just my luck. I applied one layer, and it was heavy on my lashes and weighing them down. It irritated my eyes throughout the day and kept flaking.

It does provide volume, because the formula is thick and heavy (if that makes sense). I gave it a few more tries, but eventually gave up and threw it out. I wouldn't recommend it, but some reviewers had good results with it and it's pretty cheap. Who knows? Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's good but it's not.... I love the look it give when you first apply this mascara and if you build it up enough it's pretty decent BUT it wears off and after a few hours it looks like you never even applied mascara. I mix this mascara with my too faced size queen mascara and that helps a lot. I can't see myself buying this again but it's okay for the time being

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This is a great mascara to use (i bought the waterproof version). I see the difference on my eyelashes as i put it on. However, it does smudge noticeably under my eyes after about 4-6 hours and the brush is a bit big so I do get it on my eyelid and it's hard to apply on my bottom lashes but even so i can just clean it up with makeup remover on a cotton swab. It also isn't very waterproof but it's great value for its price.

on 6/22/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i didn't like the result for my short lashes..

on 4/23/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT. Bought this product a hundred times. Cheap and does the job.

on 4/22/2015 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use the waterproof version (The blue tube) and I'm very surprised with this mascara. It's cheap, effective, does not flake and works wonders on my stick straight lashes. This is great for the lower lashes too as the product really grips, lengthens and provides volume to my lahses. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 3/27/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this mascara lengthens and provides volume, it's super black and it does the job. it's not too dry so it won't flake off during the day and it wont make your lashes have that really dry feel to it that irritates your eyes. its a win!! new holy grail drugstore mascara!! essence never dissapoints me.

Pros:
-Nice and hydrating formula, not dry at all
-Super black
-Cheap as hell price
-Wand is big enough to get into all my lashes
-Lengthens and volumises

Cons:
-Takes a few minutes to dry, it's quite wet so be careful not to smudge it around!
-The wand is kind of large to get into my lower lashes

Top Rated Essence Products