September 1, 2014 | 2026 users online

Mascara - Essence - get big lashes volume boost mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by subahe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like this mascara, because it flaked a lot on me. When I bought it, I was expecting it would give a lot of volume to my lashes, but I only got to use it three times, because it flaked so badly. Before buying it, note that the brush is really big. The tube is really big, you get 12 ml/0.40 fl. oz. for 3-4 euros.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this mascara and it gave me great lashes. The only problem is that the wand is too bit for my eyes so after all I won't purchase it again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gotta give credit where it's due and essence deserves it! for being pretty cheap pricewise, they have a nice and decent line of cosmetics. I love their eye shadow pans and was in need of a waterproof mascara for my days where I wear contact lenses, since I use rewetting drops throughout the day. I usually wear bare escentuals flawless definition waterproof mascara. But it is a little pricey, especially when waterproof mascaras tend to dry out much faster than regular formulas no matter how much you try to preserve them. They say to switch mascaras every 3-6 months and I believe with waterproof mascaras you'd be lucky to pass the 3 month mark without starting to get clumps from the tube drying out. As I had stated earlier, I am a fan of some other cosmetics of theirs so I decided to give this mascara a try. I had just tossed a tube of my bare minerals and didn't feel like spending $20 bucks for a tube. I stumbled across this product at ulta and bought it for a mere $3-4. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. It gave my lashes nice volume that was a little more than natural. Just the right amount of oomph. Nothing like having eyelash extensions or anything, but I liked that it gave a wide eyed look that was more than just a natural look. It went on nice, not too wet and not too dry in my experience. It lengthened decently with lots of volume like I said earlier. It withstood the sweat and tears from my rewetting drops and at the end of the day also washed off pretty easily so for the price paid I would say its very much worth it if you're looking for a decent waterproof mascara on the cheap. Only cons? Being an oversized brush the wand does tend to pick up a little more product than needed, but if u dab the excess with a tissue beforehand you'll be fine. Another con? it dried out rather quickly in the tube but I do believe its because it is a waterproof formula so they're all prone to doing that overtime. and the tube although cute was rather chunky so it was a bit bulky to take along in my makeup bag. Hence why I gave it 3 lippies and not 4, but Aside from that bottom line, I would consider repurchasing and recommending this product

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by CraftyCanuck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My usual mascara is either Avon Supershock or Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. While shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart one day, I remembered reading about the Essence Mascara on Makeup Alley, so thought I would give it a try given the price!

I like this mascara! It is quite 'wet' as other individuals have mentioned, so the key is to take it slow and not rush your layers. I find if I comb out my lashes, when they are almost dry between layers, helps a great deal. It has a very full brush, unlike some of the sparse plastic models some mascara contain. I could see that being a problem, if one is not use to a brush that holds a lot of mascara.

*Tip* - I always wipe my brush on a clean paper towel prior to applying. Do Not use a tissue or bathroom tissue, as those leave fibers. It helps eliminate the mascara being too wet and causing clumps. I learned this from an episode of Oprah, that featured Cindy Crawford..have been doing this for years! *

I am used to the full brushes with the Supershock, so do not find it an issue. I also have not experienced any flaking, but there again, combing through may help as well. For the price, this is definitely a keeper for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by billie44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a good mascara if you don't have much volume to your lashes already. So black, makes my lashes look so full and long! Only problem is it's difficult to build up without looking too much, maybe thats just me though haha overall such a good mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Katlan

I really like wet formula mascara a so this worked really well for me. Doesn't really clump and stays pretty well. It's my favourite essence mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by rockhormon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Too wet for me. Does not make my lashes longer. It does not even make them black, it's so wet! I would not recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I love the way this mascara looks when first applied. My lashes are fluttery, defined, and just beautiful. However, the flaking is a deal breaker for me. I have hereditary dark circles and I have to make an effort to not exaggerate them any more than they already are, so the flaking and smudging from this mascara make me look like a dead person. It's a shame, because the price is just right and I really love Essence products. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by HotPozzum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a super cheapie from Target. Around $3-4. Works just fine, does the job but not amazing in any way. I wouldn't say it gave great volume but definitely not clumps either! It you are on a tight budget this is a great choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by erica5574

This is an ok product.

pro- cheap
- gives volume
-waterproof

cons- smudges
- very hard to remove
-clumps

overall I think this product is good for its price but if it was more expensive it would definitely not be worth buying again.