August 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Mascara - Essence - get big lashes volume boost mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by CraftyCanuck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My usual mascara is either Avon Supershock or Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. While shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart one day, I remembered reading about the Essence Mascara on Makeup Alley, so thought I would give it a try given the price!

I like this mascara! It is quite 'wet' as other individuals have mentioned, so the key is to take it slow and not rush your layers. I find if I comb out my lashes, when they are almost dry between layers, helps a great deal. It has a very full brush, unlike some of the sparse plastic models some mascara contain. I could see that being a problem, if one is not use to a brush that holds a lot of mascara.

*Tip* - I always wipe my brush on a clean paper towel prior to applying. Do Not use a tissue or bathroom tissue, as those leave fibers. It helps eliminate the mascara being too wet and causing clumps. I learned this from an episode of Oprah, that featured Cindy Crawford..have been doing this for years! *

I am used to the full brushes with the Supershock, so do not find it an issue. I also have not experienced any flaking, but there again, combing through may help as well. For the price, this is definitely a keeper for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by billie44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a good mascara if you don't have much volume to your lashes already. So black, makes my lashes look so full and long! Only problem is it's difficult to build up without looking too much, maybe thats just me though haha overall such a good mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Katlan

I really like wet formula mascara a so this worked really well for me. Doesn't really clump and stays pretty well. It's my favourite essence mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by rockhormon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Too wet for me. Does not make my lashes longer. It does not even make them black, it's so wet! I would not recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I love the way this mascara looks when first applied. My lashes are fluttery, defined, and just beautiful. However, the flaking is a deal breaker for me. I have hereditary dark circles and I have to make an effort to not exaggerate them any more than they already are, so the flaking and smudging from this mascara make me look like a dead person. It's a shame, because the price is just right and I really love Essence products. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by HotPozzum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a super cheapie from Target. Around $3-4. Works just fine, does the job but not amazing in any way. I wouldn't say it gave great volume but definitely not clumps either! It you are on a tight budget this is a great choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by erica5574

This is an ok product.

pro- cheap
- gives volume
-waterproof

cons- smudges
- very hard to remove
-clumps

overall I think this product is good for its price but if it was more expensive it would definitely not be worth buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really, really wish I had stuck with my gut and not bought this mascara but I did go out and buy it after I say one of my favourite youtube vloggers rave about it. And so I was sucked in. The reason I should have followed my gut is because a) I've never had a really great experience with Essence products (very much a 'you get what you pay for' type of deal) and b) brushes with such big wands have never worked for my eyelashes. I have hooded eyes and whenever I try to apply mascara to my eyes that has a huge wand, the wand just ends up getting mascara all over my eyelids. As well, I find that big brushes are also horrible for giving good volume because unlike a small brush, they aren't able to wiggle through each individual lash to give you that boost of volume. It seemed to wear pretty well throughout the day but didn't really transfer any mascara on my eyelashes to begin with so it is rally hard to say. For me this one fell flat on its face. I would return it but I do feel a bit cheap returning a $3 mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by blacksnake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got the waterproof one, and I really like it. I've had this one tube for a while (2 yrs, I believe) and should probably re buy it. It stays on very long (10 hrs at least) and you get a minimal amount of fallout. It really is waterproof. I can't really tell if it's super smudgeproof, as my eyes are well protected below glasses, but it stayed where it was supposed to be. I'm not oily around my eyes, though.
It does make my lashes longer and super-dark. It made them a bit thicker, but not super-miracle-thick. (I heard you can apply one coat mascara, then some powder and another coat of mascara for super-thick lashes. Haven't tried it. Should work with any mascara.)
There was no tendency to spiderlegyness or clumping.
For me, this is the perfect mascara, as I want a mascara to be longlasting, waterproof, lengthening and darkening. Thickness is less important and I hate spiderlegs, which happen more with thickening mascara from what I saw.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Chargirl1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

most amazing mascara in the world!!!! it wasn't clumpy at all, it gave me a great length and shape, wasn't sticky, very inexpensive, long lasting, doesn't smudge, the one thing was the top part where you take off the lid thing broke off but that's just because I broke it... I definitely recommend it!! really amazing!!!!!!!!