September 1, 2014 | 1968 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge NEW FORMULATION

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually just ordered Uber Beige yesterday, and after reading these reviews am a bit nervous about my decision- I have used Revlon cream blush but love my BB, so decided to get Pot Rouge and Stick Foundation in the new formulation. I should get my order this week and will report back with my assessment. EDIT 8/23/2014- Ok, I got my Uber Beige last week, and love, love, LOVE IT !! I love the color, the texture, and the look- so natural. I have been reading numerous rants about the decrease in product, but as I had never bought it before, that was a minor issue; also, I got lucky and found a new one on ebay, won it today for $9.99 ( I was the only bidder, luckily) !! So, it sort of evens out and then some. I don't think I would be inclined to try other shades unless it was Melon- my BOOM!stick Color is reddish-brown, which would satisfy my other cream blush color needs. I have powder items as well but a little over a year from 60 am trying to get away from products that would look drying- fortunately they are higher-end..BB, Bare Escentuals, Laura Mercier.. so they still look good, and are nice for hotter weather during the day, especially.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by moody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just wanted to give a shout out to the color, uber beige. I love this blush so much that I hardly use anything else. Easy to apply, nice texture--dewy, not powdery, decent lasting power. Mostly I love how the color makes me look glowy and sun kissed, like nothing but better. Perfect for pairing with bright lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have it in Uber Beige, which is amazing peachy browny neutral shade. The colour is the most natural I have ever owned,it stays on, but I am utterly disappointed the new packaging and also the fact it is less than half of the amount compared to the old one. The colour is amazing, but the re-sizing issue is way to annoying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I use this solely as a blush. The colour is perfect for my skin tone. It's long lasting and blends easily. I know the packaging is significantly smaller now however as I'm only new to the product, it doesn't bother me really.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

okay so this is the same product repackaged. Its half the size of the "old" one and the SAME price. Oh but Bobbi added a mirror and compact packaging! *sarcasm*. Screw that! its the same thing for more money. Bobbi I'm not stupid and I won't be buying your pot rouges any longer. I find this kind of thing insulting....not only are you going to rip me off, you assume I'm too dumb to notice. Good thing my old ones will last me a long time. Her prices are out of control. They go up $1-2 every 6-12 months. No thanks. Other companies are more modest in their price increases and do them once a year or less.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would like to add to the comments below.
I have quite a few of the old formulatipns Pale Pink, Powder Pink, Calypso Coral, Cabo Coral, Summer Tan and Blushed Rose. (im trying to get hold of stonewashed pink for many years now to no avail!)
anyway i have Rose and Uber Beige in the new formulas. They definitely need more blending and i think they are more opaque so to get a sheer look you need to blend alot but i think the staying power is a bit better although you dontt get that juicy dewiness you get from the old ones.
Also I contacted a BB representative over their website to ask whether the formulation had changed and she said no it hadnt the onky difference was the packaging and new colours (obviously shes notgoing to mention the reduced amount)

Although im miffed about the amount I would repurchase if there was a colour i really liked although not from the current range of colours as i have all the ones i like. Im not too pleased with the new formulation though as like i say you dont get the dewiness which is why i bought them in the first place - its a good think the original had so much in the pot.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I literally weep for pot rouge because the old formulation has been my staple for years. This new one is NOT as silky and blendable, not near. The consistency is a bit runny but sticky at the same time; it's like a watered-down version of the old one, thus the color payoff is less than before and it has lost the characteristic creaminess that I really, really, REALLY adore from the old formulation. It doesn't deliver at all if I work it between my fingers, and then it's just impossible to apply after that. So... yeah. I will say that the new packaging is more practical than the old one, but I'd gladly give the practicality for my old pot rouge back.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by kelvinbridgesue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a new style Pot Rouge a few days ago, and although I see exactly why people are irritated by the downsizing while keeping the price, I have a different view.

As someone who doesn't wear make up every day, and when I do use colour cosmetics I tend to use them pretty lightly the excess in many packages always annoys me!

How can anyone use up an old-style Pot Rouge within the recommended time? It's just so wasteful of product. I have thrown out 3 year old or older cosmetics with lots left really rather often in my life.

So yes, it's a very sneaky price increase per ml, but in terms of cost per use it makes no difference to me or to lots offers I suspect.

And no I don't work for BB or any other part of the Lauder organisation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by shmooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to re-iterate the fact that Bobbi Brown downsized this product from 0.38 oz. to 0.13 oz, which is more than half of the product gone and yet the price remains the same. Absolutely mental. It almost infers a lack of respect to her customers. No joke here, the formula isn't 3x as better as it used to be.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by flaubert

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked the old Pot Rouge formula. The colors went on very subtly. Some colors were too muddy, some very lovely. I was happy to see new colors in the new formula and bought a few. However, not only are they giving you so much less for the same price (.13 compared to .38), but they apply differently. They're not as subtle on your cheek and it's more difficult to apply them so they look natural. Also, the colors are definitely more vibrant and make you look like you're wearing blush, even if you're applying less. The inclusion of the mirror does not make up for giving you so much less product, and since I only use them as blush, I don't need the mirror at all.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No