AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.1

on 6/25/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As far as skincare with benefits, this may be the best skin-softening lotion I've ever used. And that's saying a lot!

Until recently, I hadn't given skincare from the neck down very much thought. I've never had issues that need to be addressed and as far as body lotion goes, I use it in the winter to moisturize and that's about it. I have a handful of very nice body lotions I use to make my skin soft temporarily, but none have actually improved the quality of my skin like this. And I never realized I needed improvement!

Yes, this is a little greasy. The first time I used it, it did take a while to sink in fully. But I have since realized I need about half the amount I initially used and am still getting good results. I don't notice any fragrance at all and though the consistency is a little runny, I don't mind it. In fact, I prefer lotion to be runny than too thick, especially in the summer time.

I mostly use this on my lower legs and upper arms. I have a handful of non-painful but visible ingrown hairs at any given time from epilating my legs and the occasional KP spot here and there on my arms. This clears it all up and fast! I've been using this for about two weeks, but only once a day. I can tell a major difference in the softness of my skin and my ingrown hairs are gone. I am also finding the handful of dark spots from scabs and spots from years ago beginning to lighten. I've had such great results, I am considering using on my bikini line too.

It is definitely pricey and a little hard to find in my area. Even still, I will continue to purchase this and see how much better my skin can get. It certainly won't work miracles but it definitely makes a noticeable difference for my skin.

on 6/9/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I didn't like this product: I came to it with high hopes (I think I bought it due to people raving about it on Into the Gloss), but it did nothing for me. It didn't feel good to apply, left me very greasy, didn't do anything in the exfoliating department, and brought no joy whatsoever. Bummer.

on 6/2/2015 10:34:00 AM

Game changer- I wash my hands a lot because of my job. In the winter I get cracks on my hands that are very painful and take a week or so to heal. When I put this lotion on at night before bed I never get cracks and my hands are smooth and moisturized. You can also use this on your face at night and it will get rid of flaky skin. Don't use it during the day because it can make you sun sensitive and use sunblock the day after you use it. ( You don't want brown spots!)

on 5/20/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

(in progress)

I haven't been using AmLactin long enough to tell whether it is working yet, but here are my thoughts so far:

My main issues are bumpy skin on my cheeks, which seem to be closed comedones, and the occasional pimple. My skin takes acid peels/washes pretty well, so that's what I've been using.

The lotion goes on smoothly-- of course it's smelly and sticky, but it goes away. It doesn't sting or burn unless I've ...
1. just washed my face with salicylic acid face wash, or
2. been picking and squeezing at a sebaceous filament or comedone.

on 3/24/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not moisturizing enough for my hands and cuticles. I prefer the body cream.

on 3/2/2015 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am someone who always had KP (for 10 yrs), Ive noticed them in my middle school but never bothered until my undergraduation. I would get people (friends, cousins aunts) asking me about what is wrong with my skin and I felt overly conscious. I've tried everything right from doctor's prescribed stuff to home remedies and nothing worked out. The past month was really bad for some reason it got frenzy, that was when I started looking for that miracle online searched through many sites and finally I decided to try AMLACTIN.

Let me tell you, after a month's regular usage( ONCE RIGHT BEFORE I SLEEP), It is runny and no fragrance to it.
My KP has reduced and my skin has recovered for about 60 to 70% of it. 10 years of agony has finally subsided. I am happy I found AMLACTIN. For the results it gave, I would definitely pay the price it is up for since I wasted a hell lot of money over prescribed stuff.

Anyone with KP try it, I'm sure you won't regret buying it.

on 1/26/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I only tried this because it was what my dermatologist recommended when I complained about all the hangnails I get. I balked at the price though. It's about $15 a bottle. I tried it when it went on sale. It's a little runny, but it really works well, and is unscented. Perfect for winter skin.

Amlactin is one of those rare gems you find at the drugstore. I am a body lotion freak and have used many brands at a variety of price points. Yes Amlactin is a bit pricey compared to other drugstore brands, however the quality is right up there with some Rx brand lotions. You cannot compare the outcome that this product produces on your skin to other drugstore brands. This is frequently recommended by dermatologists for a reason. It works. The 12% lactic acid is a gentle exfoliant which with continued use will provide a smoother skin surface and a very moistened skin. It works great on feet to prepare for the very important pedicure season.
It is true it is not a finely scented product and has it's own 'natural' smell. If you are someone who must have a delicious fruity, floral, woodsy or other type of smell in your body products this is not for you. I use it for results and the (offensive to some) smell does not stick with you. You are free to use any other perfume, etc you choose after this is absorbed so no big deal.
I frequently add some oil to my Amlactin before massaging into my skin (almond oil, jojoba, meadowfoam, anything I have!) I like to play chemist!!!!
This is a great product if you care about long term care of your skin. As recommended by my esthetician I have used it overnight on my face and it provides a nice finish, probably due to the gentle overnight exfoliation. That was a shocker as I'm a major skin care product snob.

on 4/20/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought it because I heard it helps KP. I don't know if it's because I didn't use it persistently like I should or what, it didn't help much. And it's hard to absorb, kind of greasy, and it's got an awful smell.

on 2/11/2014 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

in one word - amazing !!!
this lotion really works, which is much more than i can say about 99.9% of lotions sold at drug stores. i keep reading reviews, buying different lotions and they all fail to deliver. not this gem.
it contains 12% lactic acid, so exfoliation is gentle even for sensitive skin and the results are fast, without irritation (as long as you keep it away from cuts, scrapes or freshly shaven skin). that's for the good stuff.
now the bad: the smell is horrible, just awful. it has no fragrance added, which normally would be a plus and something i would be so happy about. this is the one and only lotion i wish has some natural fragrance added, just to cover the stale, suffocating cat-colony-piss smell. not only that, it takes sometime for the smell to disappear. it lingers and lingers and lingers ...so, i tollerate it as much and as long as i can and let the lotion sink into my skin. then, i use a very thin layer of my favorite l'occitane body milk over amlactin. ah, i can inhale now :)
anothe thing to keep in mind - this lotion is thick and sticky. interestingly enough, it stays sticky for a long time on some parts of the body (hands, arms) and yet absorbes quickly on others, leaving skin soft and oh-so-smooth...
price is high for a drug store brand. i.e. cvs is selling a little bottle of just 7.9oz for $16.99. ouch $17 dollars before tax :(
so far, i've been using it only during cold, dry winter months and results are spectacular. hopefully, it will perform as well during hot and sticky summer months.
higly recommended for anyone with dry, sensitive skin.