AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion

on 7/30/2015 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This lotion is simply too strong for my skin. I have dry and unfortunately very very sensitive skin. My friend recommended this for me because I have weird white visible pores all over my body and she said it's soothing and exfoliates. So I decided to give it a try and I bought a 20oz bottle from eBay for about $21 ( which I thought was a pretty good deal). As soon as I put it on, my skin began to burn like crazy, especially my face and neck. The second day I started to see red, flaky, and irritated patches on my face, neck, and chest. I thought to myself it gets worse before it gets better so I continued for 2 more days but my skin got worse and worse. When I stopped using it, my face and neck literally peeled. This product is almost like a chemical peel for my sensitive skin! I was really disappointed because I had heard so many great things about it but it just didn't suit my skin. The other down side to this product is its consistency, smell, and after feel. It's very very slow absorbing and it literally lathers on your skin. It also leaves a visible shine even on dry skin. The smell was awful ( I personally think it smells like hair dye) but goes away within 15 minutes or so. It also feels sticky and weird afterwards.

on 7/17/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is great.
I have sensitive skin that can get itchy for no reason and I have those little bumps on my upper arms (well, not anymore). I use fragrance free body products

The science behind this is that it has AHAs to lightly and gently break down and remove dead skin cells. The hydrating part of it then makes sure your new skin cells are healthy, and the high content of lactic acid is very calming to soothe skin. Perfect product
This product hydrated my skin very very well and I have repurchased it. It is fragrance free, but does have an odd sent (I don't mind bc it works super well and there are no irritating fragrance ingredients)
It is a thick cream/lotion that soaks into my arms and legs well after a few minutes, but it feels greasy on my hands afterwards. This product isn't a quick lotion. When I first put it on it is like rubbing in a thick body butter. I find it helps to dot it around areas then rub it in, instead of globbing it in one spot and trying to distribute it from that one spot. I don't notice it unless I touch it, and then it feels like a layer/residue on my skin. This feeling goes away in a few minutes and is not an issue for me. If you want a thick lotion that actually gives you benefits (and not just a basic, thin lotion) you're going to have to work with it a little bit. you must take an extra second to let it soak in. It's not a quick lotion but it's totally worth it in my book
I love this and it works for my skin and I have repurchased it many times and will continue to do so!

Paula's Choice reviews slammed this for having a pH that doesn't really promote exfoliating.
(I hate hate hate her reviews because I think she looks for negative things to exploit good products and only her products get high reviews. This loses credibility instead of promote sales and I really don't trust her reviews.)
Anyways, whoever dropped out of college and now writes those reviews argued the pH isn't high enough to promote proper exfoliating. butttttttt they're missing the point of this moisturizer! It's intended to give soothing and moisturizing benefits, not exfoliate the crap out of your skin. If it had the pH paula's choice is saying it should...it would be a completely different product for a completely different market.

This product takes care of the little bumps on my arms and is soothing to my itchy legs and causes no irritation. definitely a holy grail product!

on 7/16/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I initially bought this for my husband to combat those pesky bumps on the backs of his upper arms, but he never got around to trying it, so I started using it instead. Since my own skin had really dried out during the winter I decided to use it too. It is very thin textured and spreads evenly and thinly, yet my skin is still comfortable 24 hours later. It does have a persistent ammonia smell, but ammonia lactic is listed as the second ingredient so it makes sense. The smell doesnít bother me too much and dissipates after 1-2 hours. It also does not absorb completely; even hours later, my skin feels slightly tacky; Iím not a fan of that. During the first trimester of pregnancy with my fourth child my skin was terrible and I could not get a handle on my eczema; I think this lotion was too harsh for my hormonal skin. By the third trimester I could use this again, but only once 2 or 3 times a week. I worked like a dream. Between using this occasionally, CeraVe lotion in the mornings and Cetaphil cream at night my skin was supple and smooth. My eczema eventually calmed down and AmLactin is essential for keeping my knees and elbows smooth. I will buy this again.

on 6/25/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As far as skincare with benefits, this may be the best skin-softening lotion I've ever used. And that's saying a lot!

Until recently, I hadn't given skincare from the neck down very much thought. I've never had issues that need to be addressed and as far as body lotion goes, I use it in the winter to moisturize and that's about it. I have a handful of very nice body lotions I use to make my skin soft temporarily, but none have actually improved the quality of my skin like this. And I never realized I needed improvement!

Yes, this is a little greasy. The first time I used it, it did take a while to sink in fully. But I have since realized I need about half the amount I initially used and am still getting good results. I don't notice any fragrance at all and though the consistency is a little runny, I don't mind it. In fact, I prefer lotion to be runny than too thick, especially in the summer time.

I mostly use this on my lower legs and upper arms. I have a handful of non-painful but visible ingrown hairs at any given time from epilating my legs and the occasional KP spot here and there on my arms. This clears it all up and fast! I've been using this for about two weeks, but only once a day. I can tell a major difference in the softness of my skin and my ingrown hairs are gone. I am also finding the handful of dark spots from scabs and spots from years ago beginning to lighten. I've had such great results, I am considering using on my bikini line too.

It is definitely pricey and a little hard to find in my area. Even still, I will continue to purchase this and see how much better my skin can get. It certainly won't work miracles but it definitely makes a noticeable difference for my skin.

on 6/9/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I didn't like this product: I came to it with high hopes (I think I bought it due to people raving about it on Into the Gloss), but it did nothing for me. It didn't feel good to apply, left me very greasy, didn't do anything in the exfoliating department, and brought no joy whatsoever. Bummer.

on 6/2/2015 10:34:00 AM

Game changer- I wash my hands a lot because of my job. In the winter I get cracks on my hands that are very painful and take a week or so to heal. When I put this lotion on at night before bed I never get cracks and my hands are smooth and moisturized. You can also use this on your face at night and it will get rid of flaky skin. Don't use it during the day because it can make you sun sensitive and use sunblock the day after you use it. ( You don't want brown spots!)

on 5/20/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

(in progress)

I haven't been using AmLactin long enough to tell whether it is working yet, but here are my thoughts so far:

My main issues are bumpy skin on my cheeks, which seem to be closed comedones, and the occasional pimple. My skin takes acid peels/washes pretty well, so that's what I've been using.

The lotion goes on smoothly-- of course it's smelly and sticky, but it goes away. It doesn't sting or burn unless I've ...
1. just washed my face with salicylic acid face wash, or
2. been picking and squeezing at a sebaceous filament or comedone.

on 3/24/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not moisturizing enough for my hands and cuticles. I prefer the body cream.

on 3/2/2015 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am someone who always had KP (for 10 yrs), Ive noticed them in my middle school but never bothered until my undergraduation. I would get people (friends, cousins aunts) asking me about what is wrong with my skin and I felt overly conscious. I've tried everything right from doctor's prescribed stuff to home remedies and nothing worked out. The past month was really bad for some reason it got frenzy, that was when I started looking for that miracle online searched through many sites and finally I decided to try AMLACTIN.

Let me tell you, after a month's regular usage( ONCE RIGHT BEFORE I SLEEP), It is runny and no fragrance to it.
My KP has reduced and my skin has recovered for about 60 to 70% of it. 10 years of agony has finally subsided. I am happy I found AMLACTIN. For the results it gave, I would definitely pay the price it is up for since I wasted a hell lot of money over prescribed stuff.

Anyone with KP try it, I'm sure you won't regret buying it.

on 1/26/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I only tried this because it was what my dermatologist recommended when I complained about all the hangnails I get. I balked at the price though. It's about $15 a bottle. I tried it when it went on sale. It's a little runny, but it really works well, and is unscented. Perfect for winter skin.