September 1, 2014 | 1872 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture #19 Beige Aquarelle

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by jeye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color payoff isn't the greatest, but I expected that. This is more like a lipgloss, the texture is quite unsual. It applies very wet, but dries to a glossy and tacky finish (not cheap tacky, tacky as a very gummy feeling).
I layer a bit of this on top of Sensual Silk #2 when its worn off a little and it gives as nice nude, milky pink color.
Packaging is not heavy like their lipsticks but thats not a problem, because its still super luxurious looking.I wouldn't repurchase because its nothing spectacular, but i would definitely try out other colors in this range.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by l1p9l055

I was very excited to see that Sephora in Canada was finally carrying YSL makeup. I've been lemming these for ages now. I've checked at Holts, Murale, and finally Sephora has it. Aside from that, my review continues... ****INGREDIENTS BELOW***

Color (One Lippie for color)- As previously described, 19 Beige Aquarelle is a nude pink with slight beige undertones. This color is something I would not hesitate to buy but the formula for this lipstick (or at least this particular color) was underwhelming. On my lips, this was a pretty nude color that didn't wash me out (unlike YSL rouge volupte #2). That being said, I just can't forgive the formula.

Smell - This product is fragranced, as are all YSL products. It doesn't offend me much, but for those who hate fragrance, this is not your type of stain.

Price / Packaging - For $34 CAD, I would expect more. This product (or at least this color's formula) was so disappointing. The packaging, in comparison to other YSL packaging, is just plain cheap. When held in my hand, it just feels like cheap plastic.

Formula - When i first saw this was available, I was hoping it would have similar consistency to Chanel's Rouge Allure Laque. That was my first mistake. After testing a few colors on my hand, this was clearly (as the box states) a glossy stain. However, is it glossy? The appearance on your lips yes, but the feel... definitely not. If anything, this glossy stain felt more like plastic lacquer or some kind of sticky resin, which will help with staying power I assume, but that was not the case for me. It lasted less than 20 minutes on my lips, and this is without eating or drinking anything.

Applying one layer was acceptable in terms of feel - it felt tacky, but acceptable (One Lippie for application of one layer). However, on my lips, this color was barely showing up. So i waited a little (who waits for stain or lipstick, or any lip product really, to dry?) then applied a second layer. In a matter of minutes, this started separating out. When examining it up close, the lipstick balled up (and this is without any lipbalm or other lip product underneath). I tried smacking my lips together like what i usually do with other products, but it only felt sticky and made it worse. So i realized using one layer is the only way to go. This color itself doesn't stain. YSL claims its a glossy stain, but all i got was a sticky, moderately pigmented mess. I can't speak for other colors, but this one is going back to sephora.

Ingredients - octyldodecanol, water, trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, ethylcellulose, sorbitan stearate, alcohol, cetyl alcohol, sucrose cocate, phenosyethanol, sodium auryl sulfate, hydroxypropyl guar, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, benzyl alcohol, limonene, calcium sodium borosilicate, polyethylene terephthalate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, alumina, benzyl benzoate, anise alcohol, acrylates opolymer, tin oxide, parfum/fragrance. [+/- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide, mica CI 155850/red 7, CI 77491, CI 77492/iron oxides, CI 17200/red 33, CI 15985/ yellow 6, caramel, CI 42090/ blue 1, CI 19140/ yellow 5, CI 75470/ carmine]

After looking through the ingredients in this glossy stain, I realized that the first ingredient is an alcohol. Now I know why my lips feel so dry after applying this.

Overall - This one is definitely going back to Sephora. This one just didn't stain and the staying power (stickiness) and texture leaves much to be desired. I may look into other colors that stain and only require one layer, but this one is definitely a no-go for me. So disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first YSL lip product and I was very eager to try it out. The texture is great and long lasting. It really is a hybrid of a stain and gloss. 19 is a mid tone pink on my lips and not a shade that I wear.
My complaint to YSL is the lack of colors. I usually wear colors in the same family of MAC Myth, NARS Tashkent, and Kat Von D Agatha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the record I'm not a fan of YSL lip glosses. Every version I've tried has burned my lips, so I tried this one with caution. It's a stain gloss hybrid so I thought I might as well give it a go. I love the idea of a stain but the majority of them are dark pinks, brights, or reds, none of which I wear often. This color is a beautiful pale beige-pink with shimmer, something that I'd wear all the time. My lips have some pigment, and this covers them enough to look close to the color in the tube. This color in particular has some sheerness, more like a semi-opaque finish than completely opaque like a lot of the deeper colors in the line. I was worried that a pale color with a mostly cream finish would settle into every microscopic line on my lips, and it does if I layer it on too thickly. One swipe is enough otherwise it looks uneven.

The texture is just amazing. It really sold this for me, especially considering how many other beige pink glosses I have in my stash. It's light, thin, almost like a gel coating but without any obnoxious stickiness. It looks shiny but not as glossy as a Chanel Glossimer or other traditional lipgloss formula. It's a beautifully understated glossiness and would be a great choice for someone who wants some shine but hates the mirror finish of a gloss. The wear length is very good, at least two hours longer than my average gloss wear and the color stays put even after the shine disappears. The stain it leaves behind isn't opaque, more like a faded version of my own natural lip color, so it sort of looks like a matte lipstick. My lips felt soft and comfortable throughout the wear too.

Packaging is lightweight and compact, and I like that they made a small window on the side so you can see how much product is left in the tube. The doe foot applicator is slanted and tapered so it's easy to apply. The only reason I didn't give this 5 lippies is because the paleness of this color can be uneven and difficult to layer. Otherwise this is an amazing stain and a huge improvement on all those dry marker style stains out there. I'm going to have to get a few others, probably the other light pinks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the many Glossy Stains I have purchased so far and wanted to add these reviews so people can view the colors on the lips (instead of those awful Sephora.com swatches)... I love these so much- But if you're looking for something with color, this isn't the one. if you want a stain/gloss that is muted, understated, and just like, MLBB, basically a light caramel/putty/beige with a hint of pink, this would be the color for you! I might not re-purchase this particular shade, only because it doesn't show up as well as I'd like (and my lips aren't even pigmented in the least)!