October 25, 2014 | 1504 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Cord-Keeper Hair Dryer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Whirlingturban

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

CONAIR= PURE JUNK. Conair products are the easiest to find. When you are in a pinch, shop and you'll find them. Everywhere. They are designed to be purchased and are not designed with any regard whatsoever for the end user.

They sell the cheapest junk level product and their only research it seems to me is about how to cheaply make them look like "medium" quality products.

I have This hair dryer used properly. It does get nice and hot, have other heat settings and has good power. I have long hair and on about the tenth use some of my hair got sucked into the back end (OUCH). It went in there so easily that it was obviously not designed to help prevent this. The motor sounded extremely draggy right after that draggy and I knew there was trouble inside the dryer.

The "filter" was badly designed and did absolutely nothing to stop my hair from going all the way into the the fan inside to which there is no simple access. I looked on their site and there is virtually no help for fixing anything at all there.

The next thing I will try is to get a tiny phillips head screwdriver and try to get in there and pull my hair out to see if I can fix it. I will absolutely never buy another conair product. I was in the same position- needed hot rollers with no time to comb the city. I could only find conair and they are SUCH junk as well.

Extremely overpriced for value.

Packaging well-designed, looks slick and misleads you into thinking you are buying a mid-range product when you are buying the worst junk out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unlike the other reviewer I actually like this blow dryer. It gets the job rather quickly, and I like the fact that you don't have to wrap your cord around the dryer, you'll be able to keep it for longer (wrapping the cord around the blow dryer helps to cause it to fray).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Olom

UPDATE: DO NOT BUY this piece of crap hair dryer. Wish I bought that warranty now, the speed slider button detached from the main whatever-it's-called inside the hair dryer and I can't fix it since all the circuitry board thing is glued in front of it, blocking it! I was just drying my hair, lah di dah, and noticed that switch to turn it off was really loose. I didn't drop it, bang it against something, nothing! All of a sudden, poof! *sigh* Why do I always have bad luck with hair dryers?

I wanted to go back to drugstore hair dryers after my $100+ Cricket one burned out on me (I've had it for only 2 years or so!). Found this Conair hair dryer at Wal-Mart for around $20... I didn't purchase a warranty because at the time I thought, "Who cares? It's only $20!" Plus my family has used Conair hair dryers and we still have one that's probably 10+ years old. I'm not looking for much in a hair dryer - just something that dries hair relatively quickly and comes with snap-on attachments and a long cord.

After having used this everyday for the past month or so, it is VERY loud compared to my Cricket hair dryer (I had to use earphones to cut out some of the sound) but on the bright side, it's lightweight, easy to handle, and dried my hair fast. The "Cord-Keeper" feature comes in handy (the reason my old hair dryer burned out was because of the cord - it wore out and frayed from wrapping it around the hair dryer).

WARNING: If you need to use hair dryer attachments (the Conair comes with a diffuser and concentrator), DO NOT BUY THIS HAIR DRYER! I used both attachments everyday and they barely "snap-on" anymore because the little plastic pieces broke off - I think some parts of the attachments cannot handle the heat of the hair dryer that they start to bend and soften and eventually fall off or get knocked off accidentally. They still kind of fit onto the hair dryer but I have to be careful not to accidentally bump them against my head since they will fall off onto the floor (and get more damaged).