September 2, 2014 | 1380 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the color 339 Silhouette. I had been lusting after this lipstick for a while but finally decided to splurge one day. This is now one of my absolute favorite lipsticks..and I have a LOT of lip products. The color is a perfect peachy (not washed out) nude. The formula is awesome, smooth, light weight, moisturizing, and barely scented. When first applied it has some shine to it which does die down after awhile but the lips still look and feel moisturized as if you just put on a lip balm. I would say it has medium pigmentation and for me the color lasted pretty well, about 4 hours even when drinking. The formula is so great though i absolutely dont mind reapplying!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm going to say upfront that this product was not for me and I won't repurchase. I had this in the shade Cherie Bow, a pretty, light neutral perhaps slightly warm pink. It feels fairly luxurious, creamy and lightweight. It goes on very smoothly. I bought it because it had good reviews and I find it ridiculously hard to find a lighter pink, which suits my complexion. I liked this product but I never reached for it, so gave it to my sister. I find that I personally prefer more pigmented lipsticks, which have moderate or higher lasting power andshades of pink which are a bit warmer or peachier. I had to sweep this on several times in order to receive coverage I was happy with and while I realise lighter and creamier shades disappear sooner, I felt that it would be completely gone after one drink or a handful of snacks. My sister on the other hand, loves this. She prefers the more muted shades and doesn't mind reapplying often. I still think this is a lovely product and I really adored the packaging but overall not for me. Keep that in mind if your preferences are similar to mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by mccalisterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula is amazing- it doesn't dry out my lips, the colour definitely stays on for a long period of time, the pigmentation is absolutely gorgeous. Yeah it's pricy but it is definitely so worth it. It smells amazing, it looks amazing, it feels amazing, and it also makes you look damn amazing. And I feel hella rich whenever I wear like- "Look at mah lips while I walk down the corridor b*#$hes!"

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Novelist12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 829 Sunset Blvd., and the color is so beautiful. It is a bright berry red. The texture of the lipstick is moist and creamy. I found the staying power good, but it last longer with a lip liner. I love the packaging of the lipstick as well; It looks like a fancy perfume bottle. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by TKhamvongsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these! They are my go-to lip products. I use them like a lip balm and they leave a nice stain afterwards, they also feel very balm like. I own about 8 different colours and I've been loving the colors: Cruise, Cherrie Bow and Black Tie. They are very moisturizing, they do have a shine but disappears, they don't increase the appearance of wrinkles or lines in your lips and you do not have to prime/prep your lips prior to applying this. I've already re-purchased Cruise twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by CarolCabral

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Este é um dos melhores batons que já usei. Cobertura perfeita e durabilidade muito boa. Adoro os batons da Dior e sempre estou comprando novas cores .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! 'Incognito' (nude) is my favorite, as it looks exactly like bare naked lips on me, only moisturized & better, plus it doubles as a "neutralizer" for too-bright lipstick colors. Incognito gives a really subtle, soft, youthful yet grown-up plump-lip look. Also love 'Bonne Aventure' (berry red) but am having trouble finding it anywhere (Sephora & dept stores like Macy's). I did ultimately buy it online.

The moist, balmy texture & translucent color pigmentation make for what I call a wearable matte lipstick. It's as moisturizing but less shiny & less sheer than the regular Dior Addict lipsticks (the ones with the clear iridescent caps). This Extreme line has dark navy blue (almost black) caps. Love the packaging! Very sturdy & elegant - virtually looks like a seductive perfume bottle to me. I love that it's basically impossible for my lipstick to break off in this case (swivel-up slanted tube).

There are a lot of great reds & pinks (& nudes) in this line. All of them are great & there's something for everybody. As for long-wearing, IDK - nothing really lasts very long on me, not more than 1 hr or so (I talk, drink & eat frequently during the day, & no doubt I lick my lips far more than I realize) but what makes this lipstick a winner for me is that it doesn't dry out my lips. The formula is lightweight yet comforting, like a decent balm.

I don't like matte texture lipsticks, but this is a middle-of-the-road exception which I love (but I dont love the $30 pricetag!).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently discovered this whilst interviewing at dior counter, I was swatching the lipsticks whilst waiting and fell in love with the 829 sunset boulevard. I then went to purchase the 619 and 986 from their new mystic metallic collection and when I have time I'll deffo be going to dior and trying some more! I love the consistency of the lipsticks, really smooth an moisturising, don't accentuate dryness, and have good lasting power and look shinyish, the colour selection dior has is amazing and so much better than chanel or ysl. I would say if the YSL rouge volupte and rouge couture had a baby it would be the dior extreme because its a perfect mix.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in "Lucky", 536, and it's one of my favorite lipsticks. It slicks on smoothly with medium coverage, is shiny for an hour or so, and then stays put as a stain for hours when the shine wears off. I love that it covers my pigmented lips, and it feel great throughout the wear. Another reviewer mentioned that these lipsticks are for fair skinned ladies, but I don't agree-- this one worked for me, and I think the colors will work well for a variety of skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Karissa6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Drum roll please.....my HG lipstick has finally arrived! Previously, Rouge Coco Shine had been the forerunner for the title, but once I found these, my poor (but rather expensive) stash of Coco Shines have slid to the back of the drawer (they feel great but only last 2 min). Although I love lipstick, I have never thought it looked good on me - just don't have the right lips I guess. Although I love the bright lipstick look, it always ended up looking too gawdy on me whereas the nude lipstick look made me look washed out so I always ended up gravitating to a pinkish / berry toned translucent balm style lipstick - hence my love of the Coco Shine range. Also, I always found anything warm toned - corals, orange reds, browns - just looked strange on my cool toned skin. Well, as I approach 40 I've decided that I have well and truly earned the right to wear bold lipstick (I want to rock a proper red lip for once!) and was keen to banish the 'balmy' look of my early 20s, and then Dior Addict Extreme arrived! What's so good about them? They feel beautifully moisturising like a balm but they look like a grown up, full coverage lipstick and they have good staying power. The colour also looks moist, but not shimmery, which was one thing I wasn't over fussed about with the Coco Shines. IMO, shimmer tends to make lips look smaller. I first bought Plaza (my usual, a cool, bright magenta pink), but soon followed with Incognito (an almost lilac toned nude - the only true nude I've found which suits me) and then Lucky, a cool pinky red. I'd usually stop at these three cool toned shades but I thought what the hell, I want to wear coral! So I bought Riviera - only coral that has also suited me and Bellisima - a deep berry red, which is lovely but perhaps the hardest shade I have to wear. These colours are not 'extreme' as everyone else has also commented. They are what I would consider normal vibrancy - but for some strange reason, the colours and texture are just amazing. The only way I can describe them is "soft but bold" - the colour just 'becomes' your lips if that makes sense? Couldn't help myself - just ordered Sunset Blvd, Fireworks and Cherie Bow. Should never have to buy a lipstick again now!!