November 27, 2014 | 1377 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sucks. Bottom line.... Ugh! :/

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jlushh

This stuff suuuucks, and I'll tell you why;

1. Stinks, awful - smells too strongly of liquorice or something.
2.Little to no lasting moisturisation - fair enough my lips feel soft when it is just applied, but when it wears off they feel drier than ever.
3. Does not even soften flaky bits of lip.
4. Is more expensive than other burts bees balms - and is still worse.

How on earth does a balm make your lips actually drier?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Junesiwa

Terrible and useless. After applied it my lip getting dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by VeronicaVasquez

I love this lip balm, it's so moisturizing and the smell is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

Terrible. I love the brand but this lip balm is absolute disappointment. Very oily, feels heavy on the lips, not moisturising at all. It's like having oil on your lips. Smell is nothing special either. Small amount in the packaging. I will through it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by AmyLala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

No I wouldn't buy this again, and I ended up throwing if in the bin with the rest of my garbage where it belongs. Not moisturising at all and in fact makes my lips even drier and peely. The rejuvenating balm and honey balm are my only two I kept from the entire lip balm range with excellent results :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge fan of this lip balm, although I didn't have a negative experience like some other reviewers have. The consistency on this one is very thin and greasy. If you don't like a heavier feel to your lip products, you might actually like this. I personally didn't care for the slippery feel of it. I felt that it wore off very quickly and had limited effect on my lips either way: not very moisturized but no damage done. I'm not thrilled that this was marketed as "ultra moisturizing" since even their original lip balm is better than this. If you're looking for a really great lip balm, the original Burt's Bees, Blistex and Carmex all have incredibly affordable options that would work much better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Sayalathieo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I had something positive to say but I don't. I bought this in hopes that it would help my dry winter lips but its seems to dry my lips out even more. Which is odd because it claims to be Ultra Conditioning and maintain 4- Hour Moisturization. There is nothing Ultra, Conditioning or Moisturizing about this product. It feels slick and forgot sipping on water because you'll get more moisture from the water than this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm very disappointed with this products, since I really like Burt's Bees products in general. I'm a big fan of their tinted lip balms. I have really dry lips, and I normally use chapstick, but I found out it has parabens and I wanted something more natural. When I first put this on, it was like the stick instantly turned into oil on my lips. I know oil is the main ingredient, but I've tried other products with oil as the main ingredient and they still retain a balmy texture. So my lips felt and looked greasy, but I wouldn't have minded as long as it moisturized. Instead, it seemed like within 5 minutes or less, my lips were drying out way more than they had been before I had applied the product. I had to keep applying every couple of minutes. I don't know where all of the moisture was going. This stuff basically sucked the moisture out of my lips and made them peel. One benefit I guess was that it dried my lips out so much it kind of exfoliated them. So if you want something that will make your lips peel but also sucks the moisture out and turns them wrinkly, this is the product to get. I didn't notice any flavor, i would have preferred a light flavor since this just tasted like oil. I definitely would never buy this again and am going to try to return this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by emxs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many other reviewers, I am totally surprised that the Burt's Bees company actually makes this product and labels it "ultra conditioning." I've had pretty good experiences with most of their other balms, and when I saw this one at the store for about a dollar more than any of their other stuff, I thought it'd be great for winter since my lips are already getting drier from the changing weather. Well, I was wrong. It's by far the worst one I've ever bought. I don't know what else to say about it besides echoing the other negative reviews. It feels oily for sure, but I don't even really mind that at all compared to the way it dissipates completely within minutes and leaves your lips feeling drier than they were before. It's not just a tactical sensation, either - My lips are visibly much more chapped on a regular, all day basis when I use this product. Ignore what the name says and skip it.