April 20, 2014 | 1871 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

I surprised at the average rating of this foundation! I had this in the past in shade biscuit, and also recently received a sample. Can't remember which shade the sample was but i have VERY fair skin and both were OK shade wise. I compared this with maybelline dream matte mousse foundation which doesn't seem to be on here although maybe its called something else in America. I was surprised the maybelline foundations weren't rated well as they sell well in england and quite a few people think they're good. Anyway, it provides pretty good coverage although the sample i received seemed to end up with a slightly greyish tint... OK that's not good.I think it was the ivory shade. It didnt go on as smoothly as the maybelline mouse either. Maybe would be better with a primer underneath. After i left it for a bit it did actually end up staying put and covering reddish areas and undereye dark circles better than maybelline but I preferred the maybelline as it just went on better. I have quite a lot of spots, uneven skin tone, large pores over my nose and cheeks and fine wrinkles now. It did cover these. It didn't feel as soft as maybelline to the touch which is something I liked about that one. I haven tried many foundations out there and this did provide good coverage and I couldn't really tell I was wearing it by the feel. It did cake a bit on large spots and forehead where I'm starting to get wrinkles but its fairly cheap so wouldn't expect much better. I can only compare it to the maybelline really. If it was an emergency would I buy it again? Probably not. If I had no other choice and needed a foundation desperately? Yes. Out of choice? No. I'm working on finding a foundation that's right for me but not found it yet. For years I've tried every treatment for my acne but to little avail so will be on a foundation search but they're not cheap. If you dint have many flaws to cover up its probably OK.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this as a sample size in the newly formulated mousse format and even though it's only about 5.99GBP I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for it. This is a nice enough foundation if you want a really heavy coverage, but if you're looking for a more natural look I would avoid it.

This is very, very thick and as a result a little goes a l-o-n-g way. On first application I made the mistake of applying this like my more lightweight foundations and noticed the mistake straight away - more mask than makeup! Plus I would have to agree with others here - this isn't for people with oily skin. After a few hours my t-zone, particularly my forehead, were far more oily than usual.

After trying this a few times I've taken to using it as a spot concealer instead, which it does a pretty good job of. I wouldn't use it under the eyes though as this sits in even the smallest of lines and cakes quite badly too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Zannahquinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

My normal H.G is the Loreal Magic nude liquid powder, but It was so expensive at Walgreens, and i looked around and saw that Rimmel was having a 50% sale. I got the Stay Matte foundation, and swatched it on in the car. I could tell within a few minutes that it wasn't going to wow me.
It's a decent foundation but it feels cheap and heavy. I'll use it up but I doubt i'll buy it again. At least it was better then the Maybelline Fit Me liquid foundation, that gave me terrible breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by southeast92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im super oily and i bought this thinking i would be matte but no i was dead wrong within 3-4hrs i was getting oily like crazy ....the reason and job for this foundation is to make you matte right? Well it doesn't do its job I'm staying with my Kat Von D! Trust me when i say THIS IS NO GOOD DONT FALL FOR THE NAME NOR THE YOU TUBERS THAT "Love it".

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MimiCakes88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are SUPER oily, STAY AWAY! this stuff didn't even completely dry on my skin. If felt sticky and uncomfortable, even after setting it with a powder. Also, the shade colors are too pinkish, well if your pale. I NEVER ever return products but I hated this so bad I didn't want it near me lol. I love Rimmel but they let me down with this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by hazelbeth

I bought this foundation wanting a matte finish that would cover up oil but wouldn't cling to any dry skin. I have previously the Maybelline dream matte mouse and disliked it, as it left a cakey finish on my skin. The Rimmel stay matte does what it says it will do, which is to be a lightweight shine control foundation, and whilst it doesn't cling to dry skin as much as other mouses that I have tried, it does make really dry patches quite obvious. If you do suffer from dry skin patches like me I'd recommend using a relatively strong moisturiser before you apply this product. I have the colour 103 true ivory and I think it suits my skin perfectly and blends really easily. I didn't have to powder it when I first put it on but as I have oily sections I did have to apply a small amount of powder after about four hours, which I think is quite impressive. It's a cheap foundation that covers blemishes nicely and while I wouldn't use it everyday, as I think it is quite heavy coverage, I like having it in my makeup bag and will replace it when it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by KitKatSeven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this foundation after reading a lot of reviews about it and also being tempted by its great price! Very affordable.

However, it is very dry on my skin. I'm only 24years old so not many wrinkles yet but all the little lines under my eyes looked awful in this. Truly, when I smiled it made me look 10 years older. I also struggled to blend it because it dries super quickly on your face. It does last all day though, but your face feels dried out.

Not impressed. Sadly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MichelleLeeY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and this foundation just didn't work well for me. If you have really oily skin and like a matte finish you may want to try this. If you have dry skin, it accentuates it. It looked very cakey and noticeable on me. It's only $5 so if you don't like it it's not a huge investment. It has a matte finish and I didn't get oily but it broke up on my nose after 7-8 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by meowkitkat

Let me start out with saying this: I have always had good skin when i was young, but sadly your skin changes when you get older. I'm 23 now and I never wore foundation or anything past a moisturizer on a day to day to basis, until about 5 months ago. Needless to say, I have tried countless foundations, primers, and combos of both since then. I have light, fair skin, and never break out. Recently, I have gone from completely dry skin to oily t-zone and dry cheeks.

I have always loved Rimmel, because it's cheap but performs very well. I saw this in walmart for a few dollars and figured I would try it out. I loved everything from the application, to the smell, to the way it wore throughout the day.

I primed with Maybelinne Baby Skin on my cheeks and nose (yes, I love Baby Skin and it works for me) used the Stay Matte in Light Ivory foundation on my forehead and nose, and the Rimmel BB Cream in Light everywhere else. I definitely found my flawless skin arsenal using these products. I don't find myself getting too shiny through the day, and I also don't see that it cakes a whole lot. Just try to avoid any dry areas (which is why I use my fingers to blend into the right spots) as it can look flaky and accentuate dryness.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by SineadJamii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation.

MY STORY:
I have fair, oily skin that is sometimes prone to breakouts. I am completely oily with no dry patches at all. I have large pores all over as well. I was so excited when I heard about this product, since I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Stay Matte Powder. Also, it seemed like there were rave reviews all over the net. At the first chance I got I picked up a tube in the lightest colour, Fair Ivory, since I am so fair. The very next morning I tried out this foundation.

THE PRODUCT:
The product is a very thick moussey texture. It is surprisingly easy to blend considering how thick it is. I used a damp beauty blender to blend it in, however I would probably recommend a buffing brush instead. Even though the beauty blender worked well, the thick texture would probably work better with a buffing brush.

FINISH & COLOUR:
The finish is really matte and does not need a powder, at first at least. I didn't notice however, at first, how matte a finish it has. So on that first morning I set it with my Stay Matte powder and a matte setting spray, as per normal for me. I obviously didn't need to blot or touch up as much because of this. But the result was very, very cakey. The foundation also sat in my pores and made them really obvious.
The colour was also off for me. It made me look washed out and pasty. It was a shade too light and possible the wrong tone. It does not oxidize at all nor have any orange in it, for all you girls who are actually fair ivory.
I tried it again another time, since I really wanted to love it. I tried to use it differently than the first time, so no powder or setting spray but it still looked cakey. Also, I noticed that it makes my skin feel dry. While wearing it, I don't mind since I don't want to be an oily mess and it is a nice change for once but even when I take it off the feeling remains. A heavy duty moisturiser is a must when using this to restore some moisture to your skin afterwards.

MY SOLUTION:
To fix all of the problems I noticed with this foundation, since I don't want to waste it I mixed it with another foundation. I had gotten a Maybelline Fit Me foundation as part of a package deal online. I got the package for other items so I didn't mind that the foundation was too dark for me. I also find that the Fit Me foundations are too dewy for me - so two misses on that one. Until I mixed these two together. With one being too dark and the other too light, one slightly too matte and the other too dewy etc these are a perfect match. Now when I use this combination my skin looks flawless and natural. I would recommend to anyone else who has the same issues to do the same.

SUMMARY:
Alone this foundation is too drying, cakey and pasty for me. Mixed with the FIT ME foundation however I think I found my HG in the combination. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry or normal skin as it is too drying on the skin and I probably wouldn't even recommend it anyone to wear alone. I will however repurchase it so that I can keep up with this combination.