July 24, 2014 | 1484 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by orangetwigletss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this product is a big fat no from me. i received this in an influenster voxbox a few months ago and i was excited because i have very oily skin and i am always on the lookout for good oil-friendly foundation. this is not it. the formula is thick and "whipped", so the coverage is medium to full. it is pretty difficult to apply and blend. once it is applied, it looks very cakey and unnatural and i honestly had no clue i had so many wrinkles until i used this foundation because it settled into fine lines so easily. it also didn't do anything for the oil- after a few hours, there is none of the makeup on the tip of my nose or my eyelids. and finally, my skin isn't very sensitive, but it usually burns when i apply this on my face.

i do have to say that the color looked the same straight from the bottle and on my skin (foundation tends to oxidize on me very badly). this would probably be a good foundation to wear if you are having your picture taken with flash, but it's a big no-no for natural light.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaSueBrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS
This is matte to the T.
It is full coverage.
It lasts all day, all night with sweat and humid weather.
No weird smell.
Makes your face look flawless.

CONS-
The packaging makes it easy to distribute too much product.
It doesn't feel lightweight.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by saml8080

I do not like this product at all. I bought this product after being a long fan of the maybelline dream fresh bb cream. A bunch of beauty gurus said it was good so I decided to try it only to find out that it is cakey. I tried this product thinking it would prevent your face from being shiny. This product is very thick and it takes a lot of blending/rubbing into your face before you don't see the specks of powder in the foundation. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by vic37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great if your looking for a full coverage.
Personally it goes perfect for night time wear if you have a dinner or a party.
It holds beautifully.
During the day it causes that cake face look, dosnt look that good in natural lighting.
I found it started making my skin very dry & made me break out frequently.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ppeaches

Didn't like this at all. The colour was quite orange on me and went cakey it certain parts. I bought this thinking it would help with my oily skin, but it did absolutely nothing. After a few hours it looked like I didn't have any makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I surprised at the average rating of this foundation! I had this in the past in shade biscuit, and also recently received a sample. Can't remember which shade the sample was but i have VERY fair skin and both were OK shade wise. I compared this with maybelline dream matte mousse foundation which doesn't seem to be on here although maybe its called something else in America. I was surprised the maybelline foundations weren't rated well as they sell well in england and quite a few people think they're good. Anyway, it provides pretty good coverage although the sample i received seemed to end up with a slightly greyish tint... OK that's not good.I think it was the ivory shade. It didnt go on as smoothly as the maybelline mouse either. Maybe would be better with a primer underneath. After i left it for a bit it did actually end up staying put and covering reddish areas and undereye dark circles better than maybelline but I preferred the maybelline as it just went on better. I have quite a lot of spots, uneven skin tone, large pores over my nose and cheeks and fine wrinkles now. It did cover these. It didn't feel as soft as maybelline to the touch which is something I liked about that one. I haven tried many foundations out there and this did provide good coverage and I couldn't really tell I was wearing it by the feel. It did cake a bit on large spots and forehead where I'm starting to get wrinkles but its fairly cheap so wouldn't expect much better. I can only compare it to the maybelline really. If it was an emergency would I buy it again? Probably not. If I had no other choice and needed a foundation desperately? Yes. Out of choice? No. I'm working on finding a foundation that's right for me but not found it yet. For years I've tried every treatment for my acne but to little avail so will be on a foundation search but they're not cheap. If you dint have many flaws to cover up its probably OK.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this as a sample size in the newly formulated mousse format and even though it's only about 5.99GBP I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for it. This is a nice enough foundation if you want a really heavy coverage, but if you're looking for a more natural look I would avoid it.

This is very, very thick and as a result a little goes a l-o-n-g way. On first application I made the mistake of applying this like my more lightweight foundations and noticed the mistake straight away - more mask than makeup! Plus I would have to agree with others here - this isn't for people with oily skin. After a few hours my t-zone, particularly my forehead, were far more oily than usual.

After trying this a few times I've taken to using it as a spot concealer instead, which it does a pretty good job of. I wouldn't use it under the eyes though as this sits in even the smallest of lines and cakes quite badly too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Zannahquinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

My normal H.G is the Loreal Magic nude liquid powder, but It was so expensive at Walgreens, and i looked around and saw that Rimmel was having a 50% sale. I got the Stay Matte foundation, and swatched it on in the car. I could tell within a few minutes that it wasn't going to wow me.
It's a decent foundation but it feels cheap and heavy. I'll use it up but I doubt i'll buy it again. At least it was better then the Maybelline Fit Me liquid foundation, that gave me terrible breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by southeast92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im super oily and i bought this thinking i would be matte but no i was dead wrong within 3-4hrs i was getting oily like crazy ....the reason and job for this foundation is to make you matte right? Well it doesn't do its job I'm staying with my Kat Von D! Trust me when i say THIS IS NO GOOD DONT FALL FOR THE NAME NOR THE YOU TUBERS THAT "Love it".

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MimiCakes88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are SUPER oily, STAY AWAY! this stuff didn't even completely dry on my skin. If felt sticky and uncomfortable, even after setting it with a powder. Also, the shade colors are too pinkish, well if your pale. I NEVER ever return products but I hated this so bad I didn't want it near me lol. I love Rimmel but they let me down with this one!