October 26, 2014 | 1058 users online

Styling Products - Organix - Macadamia Dry Styling Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for maybe 6 months now and really like it. I have semi-coarse, straight Asian hair that can get dried out on the ends, about chin length w/ layers. I use a dime-sized amount (probably a bit less), rub between my hands, then apply mostly to the ends. Whatever's left over gets lightly run through damp-ish hair and very gently patted on the top near my part to calm any flyaways. I then let it air-dry w/o no problems or greasy-look. If I remember or feel like making an effort, I run a brush through after it dries. Maybe. Sure, it'd probably help my hair look even more shiny and amazing if I used it before blow-drying, but I hate blow-drying. The best part of this stuff? It's a drugstore product so it's affordable AND it smells like Kissing Potion--you know, that lip gloss that came in a rollerball applicator. The only drawback? The packaging. Wish it came in a dropper bottle or squeeze bottle or something similarly easy to control. The top is just a hole w/ a flip cap, so sometimes you get more than you want and it spills and spreads out the top. Also, if it was packaged differently, there wouldn't be a need for the extraneous box that it comes on. I'd rather it be "free-standing" and sealed or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Eshj

I love this product! Im on my third bottle now! This is truly amazing and made my once dry and dull hair lively and moisturised again. And its not like other serums ive tried (eg keratse) which made it all tangly the next day. I love it even though it retails expensive in Australia ($25)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jaana2712

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this was a really good, nice smelling oil in which you can leave In your hair and can be used on dry hair! which is really good. It left my hair feeling soft, and easier to manage as I have bleach on the ends of my due to dip dying. It doesn't leave your hair feeling to oily, or sticky as it's quite a light oil. The only downside to it is when you leave the bottle on it's side it starts to leak a bit, other then that good value for what you get. The packaging wasn't any thing fancy but everything else was worth the price!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the smell of this product! A bit nutty! I apply this on my hair to prevent frizz and to bring a nice finish to my hair! It does not leaves any residues to my hair! They are soft and shinny! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

This product is amazing! For curly/thick haired girls who want a product that moisturizes as well as defrizzes, this is it! I can definitely see a difference regarding the definition of my curls and the decresased frizziness when I don't use this product. It's fairly inexpensive, is widely available, and smells great! The packaging is kind of difficult since it doesn't have a pump, so it's kind of difficult to pour too much into your hand, but since I have REALLY thick hair, too much of this oil is a non-issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by aliskey62389

This is a great lightweight and great smelling oil. I have very dry hair but most oils weight down my hair and make it oily, but this oil is lightweight but moisturizing enough to give me the effect I want. I only wish that it was in a pump for a less messy application.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by mugsy8243

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review, I had to do it...I have baby fine hair so I am careful what I use, but I also color my hair. Over the last several months my hair has become extremely dry. My stylist told me I needed moisture since I had done a protein treatment. I have tried several masks and protein treatments including Enjoy, Aphogee, and It's a 10, they worked but only for the day, they next day my hair was dry again. I read reviews on this and the shampoo/conditioner and decided to give this a try...WOW, I can't say enought good things about this oil. It has revitalized my hair and doesn't feel greasy or weigh it down. I use it before and after styling and my hair now feels softer than ever, even the next day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I had basically sworn off hair products because they were just gunking up my hair, but when I moved to Chicago I needed to do something for the humidity. This is perfect. This is advertised as a dry oil but in reality, the macadamia nut oil is the 4th ingredient behind 3 silicones. The feel this a silicone serum with a slightly oily finish that evaporates very quickly in my hair, leaving no greasy residue. Once applied, my hair dries naturally quickly and it is light, fluffy (in the good way) and very shiny. I love that the bottle is small- it's still a good value because it takes VERY little to make this work for your hair. I would buy again, cheerfully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to believe that most drugstore products were inferior but I have been very pleasantly surprised by several of them, including this one. This is amazing! I have bought approximately ten bottles and use it every single time I wash my hair and will continue to do so. This is what I wanted the $25 Alterna Bamboo Kendi Oil to be but was completely disappointed with that product. The Organix Macadamia Dry Oil retails for approximately $7.99 (!!!) and can be found at any drugstore. I use it on towel-dried hair and usually air dry but always flatiron when it's completely dry. I have dry, slightly wavy, fine to medium hair texture that will get weighed down by heavy products. This looks and feels like an oil but I use about a quarter size and it makes my hair smoother, softer, and super shiny. It does not weigh my hair down at all and, in fact, I sometime put a teeny bit extra on dry hair before I flatiron. I will buy this and use this no matter what other products I use. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The Macadamia styling oil was by far one of my favorite Organix products. It smelled so heavenly and did a lot to help my hair (it was platinum blonde then). When I used it in my damp hair and blow dried it, I noticed that it wasn't nearly as frizzy and did well as a smoothing agent. I really love Organix products and frequently use their sea salt spray. It is drying on my hair, but if I use the macadamia oil to smooth and hydrate it, it becomes a wonderful combination of beachy moisturized hair.