April 23, 2014 | 1838 users online

Dry Shampoo - Dove - Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

HATED THIS. I've tried a few dry shampoos and this is by far the worst. The smell was SO strong and nauseating. It lingered all day, too. Also it did not do a good job at absorbing oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Kaitersalad

First off, I am very biased because I adore the smell that dove puts in all of their hair products. That is hands down the reason why I purchased this product in the first place. It smells like heaven in a bottle, AND that smell stays there for DAYS in my hair. This is a giant plus for me because I can't stand the strange, baby powder/dirty hair smell that every other dry shampoo that I've tried leaves behind (trust me I've tried a lot of them). My boyfriend compliments the way my hair smells on this every single time I use this. As far as getting rid of oiliness and excess shine in my hair, this stuff does a wonderful job. However, I have very light blonde hair; I've never used this product on darker hair and I wouldn't know if it leaves any white residue behind which can be a pain. Many people complain about it not lasting or getting rid of the grease, and to that I say, "look up on Pinterest the correct way to use dry shampoo." I didn't know for the longest time and it really makes a difference, the way you use it. Thanks so much for reading and I hope this helped!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by love_e

I purchased this product, it finished within the first 2-3 uses. I thought it was defective so I went to the store and they exchanged it for me. Came back with the new product only to have the same thing happen again. THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS FULL SIZED CAN. My travel size dry shampoos can last at least 5x longer than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by kpaxxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells great but is absolutely horrible. This may have soaked up some of the oil but had no lasting power. Also, it felt like borderline hair spray. It made my hair unmanageable at the roots, very strange.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works great on days I skip a wash. I only apply this to my roots and it does a good job making the oils disappear before my eyes. It works especially well if you use it as a preventative *before* your hair becomes greasy. For example, if you are planning to skip washing your hair tomorrow, spray your roots the night before when you go to bed.

* Decent scent
* Volumizing
* Leaves hair with more "tooth" / texture
* More effective than baby powder
* Does not cause acne

Why does this have such low reviews? I don't get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very long hair and although I prefer to wash my hair every day it's just not practical. I also tend to believe that washing your hair every day is harmful and drying. I picked up the Dove dry shampoo and found that it does a pretty good job. My hair is quite dry because I color it but my scalp is greasy. Second day it has that dirty hair gross musty smell which I hate. Spray on the Dove, rub it around on my scalp and then brush it out. Keep brushing or you'll have little particles in your hair. The smell is nice, soft and like baby powder. It leaves your hair volumized and the oil and odor are gone. I don't expect a dry shampoo to last for days. I mean, your hair gets dirtier with each passing day and I don't expect miracles. But for the second day after shampooing Dove works great. Its also cheap, couple of dollars at Target or Walmart. I always keep a couple of cans in my bathroom closet.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by jweegens

I registered just to write a review of this product. I wanted something to use on the days that I don't wash my hair (every other day or so), because it gets just a little bit greasy. I used Dove Dry Shampoo and it made my hair even greasier. It also left little white dandruff-type flakes in my hair. I actually like the smell, although it is really strong. Definitely won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ewells95

My hair after a day gets quite greasy. I love the idea of dry shampoo because I want to have voluminous hair without the need of washing it every day. I've tried several Batiste dry shampoos, Garnier, Lush and Treseme but all of them make my sensitive scalp feel dry and itchy. They never added much volume and made my hair feel weighed down and dirty.

I saw the Dove Dry Shampoo at Target for $2.79 and thought I would give it a try after reading FleurdeForce's review. This stuff is AMAZING! I instantly have full-bodied clean looking hair with a pleasant scent that doesn't irritate my scalp and doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything.

For the price I would say that people should really give it a shot. I am so pleased with this product and my search for the perfect dry shampoo is over. Well done Dove!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Loooove this stuff. I use dry shampoo nearly every day because I have really oily hair but showering at night works better with my schedule and by the time I wake up the next day my hair is usually pretty greasy already. I've had really good luck with a lot of Dove hair care products in the past, so I had high hopes for this. All my expectations were met! This is a really fab product.
First off, the scent. Omgggg this is probably the best smelling dry shampoo I've ever used. It has a really clean, fruity-floral scent that I just cannot get enough of. I have quite the dry shampoo collection, but I was always reaching for this one because it smells so good! The scent lingers in your hair all day, so if your hair is really dirty it will completely cover up that gross dirty hair smell.
This sprays out totally dry, so you don't need to wait to brush it through your hair, which is great if you're in a rush in the morning. I hate dry shampoos that spray out wet and take 10-15 minutes to totally dry to a powder finish.
Whether I'm super oily or just a little bit greasy, this totally takes care of the oiliness all day and doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky like some dry shampoos do. It's not the cheapest dry shampoo from the drugstore, but I will still continue to pick this up because it works so well!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by JayTeaBrew

At first, this product works pretty well if you are heavily greasy. If you're just starting to do the whole "wash your hair every other day instead of every day" thing, then it's expected that you'll be a little extra greasy.

I don't recommend this dry shampoo though because after the first use, I found it heavily weighed down my hair. I gave it another many tries until I finished the entire can, and still no luck. I'd brush it out, follow instructions, but in the end, my hair would feel "hard" and heavy. I'd advise against using spray dry shampoos overall.

This one was also very very heavily scented, which gave me a headache after a while. That scent realllllllllllyyyyy lingers.