December 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Dry Shampoo - Dove - Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxgoodbye

Did absolutely nothing. My hair was still greasy, and it left white residue all over even after combing it out of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kayladanielle17

I love this stuff! It's amazing! I've tried just about every dry shampoo there is and this one is by far my favorite! I know most people (especially with darker hair) can be a little hesitant to try a new dry shampoo due to the "white cast" that it can leave in your hair. You'd be surprised how many dry shampoos I've tried that leave that white cast in my hair....and I have blond hair.. But this one doesn't leave any of that white residue in my hair. My sister is a brunette and she borrowed this and there was no white. Some dry shampoos leave your hair feeling soft and others leave your hair feeling like you just sprayed 3 bottles of hairspray in it. This one is in between. It leaves a little texture but not much. It absorbs oil and grease perfectly. I've used 3 or 4 bottles of this! And here's a little tip that I use when I'm running low on dry shampoo---when there's just a little left in the bottle, I flip my head upside down and flip the bottle upside down as well. All of the product runs down near the cap and I spray my hair. That Is how I use as much product as I can instead of throwing it away with a little bit left in the bottle. Hope this was helpful! It's my holy grail dry shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Pieran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best drugstore dry shampoo no question - absorbs greasies AND manages to leave your already silky hair soft with the shine you had before spraying. No gritty feeling or matted chalky texture. I just spent the day running around & my hair is still sooo soft...

I deducted half a Lippie for white residue and half for fragrance for a total of 1 Lippie off. And even those are minor on the spectrum of drugstore dry shampoos; the residue disappears in one swipe + the mild powder yet still light fresh scent surpasses all the 'fragrances' of Dove's competition. And it fades after an hour. You're left with clean-smelling hair that stays that way all day. It's the end of a busy day and Im smiling!

Btw I threw out Batiste bc the candy smell gave me headaches to make Dove my bathroom staple for rushed mornings..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by NiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick curly hair that I like to straighten on occasion. When it's straight it gets oily really quick. I spray this on my roots and it makes my hair look and smell amazing. It does have somewhat of a strong smell but that's a part of why I love it. Every time I spray this my boyfriend compliments me on the way my hair smells. Oh and great volume!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best I ever tried and I have tried many even the high end ones..
dove hit a home run on this one

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ohitharshay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I to be honest, really like this product. I was in desperate need of trying to find a really good quality dry shampoo that actually worked. I went to Walmart, scanning every single dry shampoo I could find with the MakeupAlley product scanner. This one had the most reviews out of all of the ones I found. I previously used the Herbal Essences "Color Me Happy" and the scent smelled really nice, but the whole thing overall was just a complete N-O. The nossle completely broke after my second use of it. Nothing would come out of it either way. And that product left white residue all over me, my hands, hair, everything. It looked like I had really dry skin all over, so I didn't like that. This Dove "Refresh + Care" dry shampoo was the complete opposite, excluding the scent because it smelled really lovely. This left absolutely no white residue on my hair or my hands, and I have dark brown/close to black natural hair. I absolutely loved this and I would definitely recommend and buy this over and over again unless I want to try the Bastiste one that I heard was like the best dry shampoo out there. But overall, this product is great and makes me and my hair happy. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by rowanj13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just finished a can of this dry shampoo and felt a review was in order as my opinion of the product changed quite a lot between my first and last use. At first, I didn't like it at all. I only kept using it because I hate to waste products and money. I felt like it often made my hair seem greasy shortly after using it which was clearly the opposite of the desired effect. It turns out I wasn't shaking it up vigorously enough or letting it sit long enough. Once I started doing it properly it worked really great and didn't leave any white residue in my hair (though I find I have to flip my head upside down and really rub it in there, like lathering up with a regular shampoo, to get it worked in well).
The packaging of this product was very good. Nozzles on other dry shampoo cans have clogged up on me in the past, but this one worked well right up to the very last spray.
The biggest con with this stuff is the SMELL. It's way too strong and perfumey for me and I always worried that everyone around me could smell it too. Over time I got used to it, but for that reason alone I'm not going to repurchase this, at least not right away. If Dove changes the scent perhaps I'll give it another go.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by DyingMessenger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this product because I was in a pinch and really needed it dry shampoo, and I wasn't really expecting very much out of it. However, I was pleasantly surprised! It has a very nice scent, it is easy to apply and I notice no white or powdery residue in my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by alleyaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually like this more than Betiste! I need to spray this more but it leaves less white residue which is good. With Betiste I have to use it the night before to make sure there is no white powder showing through my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Oddbawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This dry shampoo is affordable, it smells great, and .. it works! I am blonde so I don't notice any weird film. I personally love the smell. It adds great volume, and really soaks up any grease. I don't think its quite as good as "Pssst", but definitely a close second.