Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

2.8

Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Isopropyl Myristate, Aqua, Silica, Maltodextrin, PEG-8, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronelli, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product was alright. It didn't absorb oil as much as it really left gunk behind that masked the oilyness for a bit. The smell was good, the bottling is good.

Not great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm not super picky when it comes to hair care products, but this is not a good dry shampoo. It's not terrible- it keeps my hair from looking greasy and doesn't have a bad white cast, but that's about it. I have thin, curly hair and this causes such a build-up of product- it makes it difficult to comb through my hair at the end of the day. It makes my hair look decent, but god forbid anyone try and touch my hair because it feels super dry and brittle. One shampoo can get the product out, but it takes a bit more work than usual to make sure it's completely clean. In a pinch it does the job, but I would never recommend or repurchase this.

This dry shampoo was okay. I normally use this only if my hair is slightly oily. It did not leave my hair feeling very fresh. It definitely left a residue.

Pros:
•absorbs the oil
•inexpensive

Cons:
•has a strong smell
•if too much is applied in a certain spot, it is quite visible
•can be hard to rub it in

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually really like this dry shampoo. there are more expensive dry shampoos that I prefer but I'm on a budget so, onto the review for this stuff.

Pros:
-Really absorbs oil
-Smells great
-Nice bottle
-Adds volume

Cons:
-If applied too generously, can really dry out hair
-Can also leave residue if too much is applied

This definitely beats any other drugstore dry shampoo that I have tried. I will continue to repurchase.

This dry shampoo did nothing for my hair. It left a grimy feeling residue which did not help the oiliness of my hair.. Batiste is the best!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Did not work well for me at all. I like to use Dry Shampoo when I travel out of town overnight to freshen up my hair in the morning. My hair is not oily, but Dove's Dry Shampoo did not leave my hair fresh or clean feeling, but gritty, dry and dull. Even when using the smallest amounts it leaves noticeable residue. Was hoping to find an affordable alternative to my favorite dry shampoo, which is Living Proof's which costs $22 per can and works, but Dove's is not it, will not purchase again.

I bought this because I recently had my hair coloured (was all black and natural before), and I knew I would need to start leaving more days in between washing to preserve the colour of my hair. During my natural coloured hair days, I always opted for batiste but thought I'd try a new brand, because the batiste ones would end up smelling weird when mixed with the natural scent of my hair. The first time I used this, I believe my hair was already on day 3-4 and I felt it wasn't making any difference. My hair still felt oily and it didn't feel refreshed like it did when I used batiste. I've washed my hair since then and I gave it another try when my hair was less oily and I felt it was more effective then (though it doesn't make sense for a dry shampoo to be more effective when hair isn't as greasy). I thought about returning this but i think I'll hold on to it for a little while more.. I may or may not grow to love it. The scent, however, is by far better than the batiste ones and doesn't make my hair smell weird when mixed with my own natural scent.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate this dry shampoo with a passion of a thousand suns!!!! Not only did the product not do its job, it made produced even more oil in my hair than it was before. I like to use dry shampoo it between showers (every other day) and my hair isn't really oily but this product just made my hair oily and stiff. I'll only give it 1 lipstick for the smell though as it was pleasant :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best thing about this product would have to be the price point without a doubt. I have actually repurchased this bottle - now on my second! I get mine from walmart and they are about four dollars. I find that no dry shampoos really work for me, its a ever ending battle of finding the perfect one believe me, but this has to be my favourite of all the ones i have tried. The scent is really nice ( be careful however, too much can make you smell over powering then is no longer nice ) and does make my hair feel fresh. The key is i would say, would be to use small amounts. I find that the smaller the amounts work better than drenching your whole head. Small amounts seem to do the best job at absorbing the oils!

Its not a perfect product, but it does have a great price point and does help with some oil and makes your hair smell good.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure