March 2, 2015 | 1067 users online

Dry Shampoo - Dove - Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2015 7:22:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dark brown, thick hair which gets very greasy - especially the roots - within a day. As a result I have to wash my hair every day unless I want to look like I've dipped my head in a fryer. However, there are days (usually the weekend when I'm not up to much) when I like to give my hair a rest. But not wanting to look like a grease ball mess, I thought dry shampoo might be the answer. Turns out I'm WRONG!

This is horrible! I genuinely can't think of one good thing to say about it. It's overly powdery, smells awful and leaves my hair with a really horrible, waxy coating which is worse than the grease. I also find that with my shade of hair, this has a tendency to make it look almost grey which is not appealing. It does reduce the greasiness, but the end result (waxy, powdery looking hair which smells like old ladies) just isn't enough to outweigh all of the bad points.

I think this cost me about 3.99 from Boots, but it was a waste as I got about halfway through it and chucked it. I would rather risk the grease ball look than have to use this ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2015 1:22:00 PM More reviews by torijanus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really didn't like this dry shampoo. I've used Batiste, Suave's normal non-keratin one, NYM's Clean Freak, and this.

Scent-wise, it's not the worst. The Bastiste flower scented one is by far the worst (that's all they had at my local TJ Maxx). But performance wise, it's horrible. It doesn't leave a grayish cast in my hair unless I don't rub it in but it does absolutely nothing to absorb the oil at my roots or add volume. The volume I don't care so much about, the lack of oil absorption and how much you have to use is what gets me. I need a product that I can put in my hair and go after pulling an all-nighter so I can get a few precious hours of sleep in.

The price isn't bad but my Suave is cheaper and works better. Package wise, it's pretty bulky.

I won't repurchase it and I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2015 12:52:00 PM More reviews by owensrl77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I've tried every dry shampoo under the sun, and this is the only one I've found effective besides Batiste. It does a pretty good jub absorbing oil, however it does leave a residue and a gritty texture in your hair. The smell is amazing though, and you get a pretty good amount for the price. I use this when I run out of my Batiste dry shampoo. It's an acceptable substitute. I would buy again to have on hand just in case.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2015 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Cafeandchocolates

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

While I usually adore Dove products, I'm disappointed by this one. It left my hair greasy after I used it so I had to wash my hair a few hours later. It does not do its job properly as dry shampoo is suppose to NOT make your hair greasy for a short period of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2015 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Lilly81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I've only used this once, I am extremely impressed. I've tried a couple other dry shampoos (suave, batiste, not your mothers), and although I've only used this once, I like it as well as or better than my other fav, Batiste. Smells fresh, doesn't leave an excess of white residue and is budget priced. If I continue to like it, I will likely make this my HG dry shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2015 4:50:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleToes51

This was the second dry shampoo I tried after a lackluster experience with Ulta's Style and Finish Dry Shampoo. This shampoo has a white powdery finish if you apply it too heavy-handed, unlike the Ulta, which is invisible, but it does work on hair that is visibly oily. The best way to use it is to apply it at night before you go to bed, starting the day after you wash your hair if your hair is not too oily by then - I wash every other day so that works for me. Then you can reapply morning and night until you wash your hair again.

I didn't run into the problem of "running out of product" too soon as some others did - I think this is because the manufacturer had fixed the leaky can problem when I purchased it. My can lasted me a year but I probably only used this a couple times per month.

Pros: Can find at Walmart or drugstores, price, works even on visibly oily hair, not too much white powdery residue if properly applied, smells ok (floral scent)
Cons: Can show up white if you apply it too heavily, doesn't come in hair-specific colors

I might buy again if I were in a pinch but I think I will try another invisible dry shampoo or maybe a colored one specific for dark hair next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2015 3:19:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaMarie508

I decided to buy this product as the store I was at didn't didn't have my regular dry shampoo and I needed a product for the next day. I usually wash my hair everyday, but I like to give my hair a rest every few days so it won't be as damaged. It was a toss up between Dove and Herbal Essences dry shampoo and Dove won because there were less bottles on the shelf. I guess in my mind that meant people liked it.
The first time I go to use this product nothing but aerosol comes out. I had to shake it for about 2 minutes straight before any of the actual dry shampoo would come out and had to continue to shake for around a minute with every section of hair. The product made my hair fell dirty. It added nice volume to my hair, and it smells nice but that's about all it does. I have rather fine, oily hair and this did not last me all day like I was hoping. By the end of the day my hair felt heavy on my scalp and greasy.
I would not recommend this product unless you have normal hair and want to give your arms a good work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:49:00 AM More reviews by jessmilley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to dry shampoo. I've been using it for about a year, took it with me to Italy in May (extremely warm there-used dry shampoo almost everyday) and with having colored hair I don't like to wash my hair too often. The price varies usually (i bought a bottle for $2 once and went back two days later and it was $4) but the quality doesn't. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lessav13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried only a few dry shampoos (Suave, Suave w/ keratin, and Batiste for brown hair), but this one is by far the best. I have fine, wavy, auburn hair and this dry shampoo makes it look great, whether it's freshly washed or after 3 days -- gives volume, doesn't matte hair like the other ones did, smells fresh & clean, doesn't dry my hair. Love this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 2:12:00 AM More reviews by desertrose1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff gives me a terrible headache - no clue what put in it to make it smell like that but better off washing my hair.