September 19, 2014 | 1232 users online

Dry Shampoo - Dove - Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by kwinther8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

3 lippies because this product is pretty average. The smell is OVER POWERING at first, but I think after 30 minutes or something the scent goes away pretty much entirely. It does it's job, its easy to use. However, I found that I had to use a TON to do the same amount of work as my regular batiste dry shampoo. I felt like I was spraying the product on for 5x the regular amount of time!!! Maybe that's just me, because I have very thick hair, but I already have a hard time using dry shampoo because I have to use a lot and the fumes are very unhealthy to breathe. Won't buy this product again, but maybe someone with thin hair would like it more. I'll stick with my HG dry shampoo, which is the original batiste.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This dry shampoo is the best I've tried and on the cheaper side. It does leave a white film... But you just blend. It gives my hair tons of volume and it helps me not was it every day I have very oily hair. Some of the dry shampoos I have tried make my hair more dirty and the smell is unbearable so this one is a keeper for me personally, and makes life a lot easier.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by allejo92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair (long and on the fine side) gets oily after not washing it for about a day and a half. I bought this product to see how it did with my hair, and honestly, I was pretty disappointed. Maybe I didn't understand what it was supposed to do, but my hair still felt and looked oily after use. I hated the smell, and my hair (especially at the top) always looked slightly powdery. I've used the product several different times and the results were always the same. So, no, I don't like this product very much at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by abstraction8878

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried it out as my hair typically ends to get greasy on day 2 after wash. Dry shampoo is supposed to be miraculous.. and this was not. Did practically nothing, made my hair look white and left white residue/crumbs. Makes hair look less greasy for maybe 20 minutes. i do not recommend this product at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by sarahmcbride

I've tried many dry shampoos and this one worked fine in my short dark hair. I don't need to use a lot and haven't noticed any powdery residue, and my hair is quite dark.

I'm a little surprised by the other comments on the smell; it didn't bother me, but then again, I have short hair, so once it's in there I can't smell it.

It's not my favourite, but it does the job and it was cheap (less that $4 at Walmart) so I would try it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I own Dove's dry shampoo in the *Volume* version instead of the *Invigorating* one. What can I say, it's a very basic amateur dry shampoo! I ran out of my favorite Beyond The Zone's dry shampoo and bought this on a whim at the drugstore. It's cost was about $5, really cheap in my opinion. It surprised me this isn't as good as I originally thought it was! This brand tends to be high quality and it has amazing products.
This dry shampoo was very dissapointing instead. It has a STRONG clean powdery smell, which I don't mind so much because it does fade after a few hours. At first I didn't notice any difference when I applied this for the first time. When I tried it a second time, more thoroughly, it was a shock. The propulsion of the spray was very strong, I felt a lot of pressure coming out of the can. This left a huge amount of white cast all over my scalp and it was very difficult to get rid of it; I had to use a brush and the warmth of the palm of my hands for a long time for it to fade, and this had not happened to me before with any other dry shampoo. After I managed to get rid of the white looking hair, I noticed my hair was super DRY. And not the “clean" type of dry, the type of dry that looks super burnt and opaque. My hair was stuck together and kinky as if I just poured a can of setting hairspray in my scalp. I just combed my hair and expected this effect faded with my hair's natural sebum production and it did happen, but overnight *sigh*. I think I can really make this work though, if I spray this from a good distance and work it evenly with a comb!
Pro's are: The strong smell faded and doesn't linger; my hair doesn't feel sticky or gross after using this yesterday; this didn't make my dandruffy scalp itch at all! For five bucks its okay!

(For reference, I have very long thick red hair)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of my beloved Batiste dry shampoo and I couldn't find it anywhere so I decided to buy this one instead. It was not a good idea. As so many others have stated, the scent is a really really strong powdery-fake-flowers smell, and it last a longggg time. You have to use it at night so in the morning it doesn't smell that bad; but it's a PITA to use this way because I don't always know when I'll need dry shampoo in the morning!

The bottle lasted me a long time wich is not usually the case with dry shampoo, but that is the only really positive thing I have to say about this product, unfortunately. When I used it at night I had no white residue in my hair but if I used it in the morning, my hair looked ashy and gray.

I'll not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by guitargirlsings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

For my hair, this seems to work okay -- especially as it is relatively expensive. However, I'm not sure I will repurchase it. I have to use it at night to given the God-awful stench a chance to dissipate. I'm not kidding. I swear Dove is putting an entire bottle of the nastiest designer-imposter-perfume-mixed-with-potpourri-air-freshener in every spray. If your hair smells THAT badly that you need such an overwhelming scent, you are WAY past dry shampoo and you need to break down and wash your hair. It seems pretty colorless. For those with dark hair, this may be a bonus. For me, this is not a selling point. I have light blonde highlights. So, the white, powdery sprays can help take the edge off any roots that appear. I much prefer TiGi's Dirty Secret and Oh Bee Hive.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried really hard to like this product because the scent is pretty nice, but the lack of effectiveness marked my not-so-great opinion. I rubbed it into my scalp, I brushed it, I have used more, I have used less...I've tried everything, but no matter what, my hair always ends up oily again after a few hours. Then my head just feels sticky. Will not repurchase. Too bad, because I love most of Dove's products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by starsfromscratch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay dry shampoo, had to apply a lot to get the desired effect so the product didn't last very long. Smaller container than others I've tried. Also, I took a bottle of this travelling and something with the packaging made it all come out! When I went into my suitcase to use it again the bottle was empty and I had just re-purchased it! Very weird, and will not buy again because my bathroom drawers are full and if it falls over I wouldn't want it going everywhere again!

As for the product though it works okay, comes out clear (I have dark hair, no residue) so not bad--but I'm sure you can find better even at the same price point.

Cheers.