September 20, 2014 | 1904 users online

Scrubs - Murad - Murad Purifying Face Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this about once a week with my Olay face-cleaning-brush-thing. Does a great job of exfoliating to keep away breakouts, but doesn't overdry my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found the grains in this scrub much too rough to be effective. If I applied gentle pressure, it didn't have any effect, but if I used a lot, it wound up doing more damage than good. I love exfoliators that have jojoba beads or other round grains but this is pretty much the opposite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2007 2:11:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did anyone know that murad has nutrients for the face to take internally? i just bought this youth builder dietary supplement which combats visible signs of aging from the inside, it reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles up to 34% in five weeks, it supports increased collagen production and elasticity on your face, well, i just started the nutrients, i havent noticed anything changing yet, but in a couple weeks i should see improvements, this nutrition supplements costs me $45.00 for a 120 tablet supply, for this price It BETTER WORK!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 9:40:00 PM More reviews by lenab

Really liked this stuff! Gently exfoliates skin. I use it in the mornings, followed by the fruit mask. Work very well together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 11:09:00 AM More reviews by SW82

I did not like this face *scrub* it wasn't scrubby at all and didn't do anything for my skin. It didn't even feel smooth after I used it, so I was kind of disappointed that it didn't. I will not buy this again esp for the expensive price tag that comes along with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2005 6:58:00 PM More reviews by candypantz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried a sample of this from Sephora. I don't really like it. I think the scrubby granules are way too rough, and have potential to do real damage to delicate facial skin. On a positive note, the clay, cleansing part of this is really nice, and doesn't leave a film. I would use it as a mask & carefully rinse off or on my arms or legs, but if you are interested in a product to cleans & exfoliate your face I would pass on this and try the Murada AHA/BHA with jojoba beads.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2005 2:57:00 AM More reviews by wink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, i don't really like this personally. Just an ordinary clay/oats scrub which doesn't do anything for my face. I don't think i will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 7:19:00 PM More reviews by rae_rae

I was looking for a good scrub to manually exfoliate my very chemically exfoliated flaky skin but wont break me out more! Creamy consistency with jojoba and oatmeal granules. Light fragrance and doubles as a mask. Very good product! And since I am a Murad user, I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2004 12:14:00 PM More reviews by chimchim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been a devotee of Remede Sweep for a few years and thought I should branch out. The SA at Sephora recommended this to me, and I'm very happy with it so far. Unlike Sweep, the consistency is creamy, easy to spread and work into the skin (with Sweep, I always mixed a little cleanser in there for some slip.) Even though the scrubbing granules feel a little harsh in the hand, I find that their effect is one of gentle exfoliation. You only use a little bit at a time, so this tube should last me at least a year. One thing though: in the package insert, every language *but* English mentions that this product can be used as a mask by leaving it on for 10-15 min...good thing I speak more than one language!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2004 4:04:00 PM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this for my combo, sensitive, acne/rosacea skin. It comes in a tube for 25$ US, but Ulta carries it and sometimes they have coupons. I use it as a scrub then let it set as a mask for about 10 minutes. I have not found it to be harsh as I have with many other scrubs (such as baking soda)and the next am my skin looks glowing. I use it about once a week or two in the winter, more often in the summer. To me (and I pretty much have a dog nose) it does not have an overpowering or offensive smell. It is clay based so there is that slightly earthy smell.