Ellis Faas Milky Lips L208

on 2/28/2012 5:17:00 PM

Since there are no Ellis Faas counters in Canada, I bought this together with L205 (which I'm going to return) from Sephora.com.

The product comes in the typical Ellis Faas silver coloured pen with a lip brush for application. Initially, it took about 20-30 clicks to get the product to come out. That kind of reminded me of the Stila lip gloss. L208 has a creamy consistency, sort of like a melted lipstick. It's able to completely cover my original lip colour without leaving streaks (unlike L205, which is too runny and leaves streaks if not applied carefully). I have really pale complexion and this warm peachy-organgy colour is the perfect everyday colour. I tried it with both heavy and light makeup, and it works for both. I have decided to use this product for my wedding coming up in July.

However, I don't like the packaging because of the fact that all Ellis Faas products come in the same silver pen, and without looking at the bottom of the pen, it's impossible to tell which is which. The brush quality of this product also varies. The one I have is quite good, but the L205 that I bought had a really messed up brush tip. All in all, although this was a fun new experience, at $36 a pop, I probably won't buy this product again.

Popular Lipsticks