April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Liquid - Clarins - Ever matte

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by crisafael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product. I didn't like its smell at first, it reminded me a bit os sunscreen but no I quite like it. It fresh with a hint of cucumber. It is very light weight which makes it look like you've got nothing on. It has light to medium coverage giving it a beautiful natural matte finish. It lasts okay on my oily skin, about 6h I'd say. I use a bit of powder over it (which I am honestly starting to think does nothing at all to fight off the oiliness). It also comes with an spf, which is good, even if no very high. What I like best about this foundation, however, is how it appears to make my skin smoother over time...my skin feels really good after I wash it off. I guess it is due to the pollution fighting ingredients. I will most definitely buy another bottle when I run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh... got a sample of this from Sephora while looking for a foundation, and it's just ok. It's not a bad product overall, but as it's marketed as "ever matt" and supposedly helps with balancing the skin, I'm marking it down for not delivering on its promise.

Covering is pretty good, and finish is more satin than matte, which is nice, since I think true matt finishes looks terrible and mask-like. It doesn't seem to do a good job of controlling visible oil as I look shiny in 3 hours. On top of that the product seems to absorb the oil from my face, so by afternoon time I feel like I have a thick layer of sludge on my face and can't wait to take it off.

I do like the finish on initial application though, and the color does not oxidise. On top of that it doesn't "separate" like some other foundations too, and lasted the whole work day. If you don't have major oil issues this might work for you. Good color selection too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by vannii

This is a good foundation with medium coverage. It covers redness and smaller blemishes. However it doesn't really stay matte, especially on my nose and forehead. And on me it gets really cakey where I have dry patches especially in between my eyebrows. It looks flawless on the rest of my face accept for my forehead and nose, where it looks cakey and shiny. So I probably won't be purchasing this again.

Also the packaging is kind of annoying. The tube isn't see through so you can't really tell how much foundation is left.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I just bought this sight-unseen, based on a review by Lisa Eldridge, for my combination skin. I was concerned that the lightest color, Beige 107 (my understanding is Clarins discontinued the lighter color called 104 Cream), might be too dark for my fair skin. It is, and it is also too orangey. The finish is kind of strange, but that may simply have been a function of the foundation not matching my skin. The cucumber fragrance is really nice, though. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. I purchased the everlasting but got this to test. I've got the colour sand Which is a really good match for my skin. My skin is sensitive and reacts easily to products however I have not reacted to any of the clarins foundations. I would say this foundation is medium coverage and it covers all of my redness and uneven skin tone across my cheeks. It feels light on application almost velvety. I have been wearing this foundation for a night shift and the wear was very good. It doesn't look cakey but still had a good coverage after a 13 hour shift. I don't think this is marketed for dry skin which I have, I think it's more for oily skin but I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by aloos91

Good foundation for daily use
it has meduim coverage, gives a natural look and it is light on the skin
the best thing about it that it did not break me out and i am using it almost daily for 3 months
I would not consider it a "WOW" foundation, but it is not bad at all
although I do not see it matt at all, considering i have an oily skin, but it gives natural dewy fresh look especially after few hours of applying it

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Highly scented, which of course, is bad for you skin. Colour range is pretty limited. The lightest shade is too orangey for me. Expensive. Matte finish but won't keep you matte throughout the day, I found. Touch up with finishing powder necessary.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Skin run down: Combination skin which is extremely oily in the t-zone. I was given the shade 107 Beige which is a little too peach for my liking, as I am Asian and have yellow undertones. Ever matte smells like fresh cucumbers, which I enjoyed. I even liked it upon application. Medium coverage. After 4 hours, my t-zone is a tad oily. Manageable. By the end of my work day most of it has melted away. Noticeable (in my t-zone) but not a disaster. I had higher hopes for this to control my oil or "balance" out my skin but no such luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ghardingwhite

I originally bought the Clarins everlasting foundation which I hated! When I first applied the foundation I thought to myself mmmm, my skin looks good! But how wrong I was, literally after a few hours my face was so so shiny, like disco ball shiny it was disgusting. (My pet hate is a shiny face) so i took it back and swapped for Ever matte.

This foundation is okay. I don't love it or hate it. I'm not too sure on the colour selected for me, I have fair skin and the lady at the counter matched me to 105. I found that this shade is slightly to warm and dark for my skin tone. (My boyfriend stated that I look like I'm glowing and not in a good way...)

When I first opened the package I was slightly disappointed with the size of the bottle considering it was £26. I think personally for me this foundation wouldn't last very long.

I really like the way this foundation is true to its name and does stay really matte. Saying that I do still need to apply a layer of powder over the top to prevent shine, but still no touch ups needed throughout the day. I wouldn't say it covers acne scars or blemishes so a good concealer is needed, I use studio fix from MAC which does the trick. I also found it picks up dry patches on your face so exfoliating would most likely be needed.

I'm in two minds about the smell, It smells like watermelons or something which is okay.
I'm not too sure if heavily fragranced products are good for your skin?

Overall I do like this foundation due to the matte finish but I wont be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

Oh, wow! Found my HG foundation!!! To be clear - my main goal is to find a foundation that has medium coverage, makes my skin look as if I am not wearing anything. I have combination skin so I usually get products for normal to oily skin that tend to dry it but this one is perfect! And it feels so airy - just a thin layer manages to make my skin look great. Until a year ago I used to have serious acne and I am not sure if I would have liked it back then but I've always preferred lighter coverage plus concealer to wearing a heavy mask of foundation so if you have the chance try it out. Another reason to love this foundation is that 108 Sand is a perfect (and I mean perfect) match for my skin. Ooooh, happy day, don't let this get discontinued!
As for the smell some complain about - it is quite strong right out of the bottle but it fades within seconds. I, personally, like it :)