September 17, 2014 | 1723 users online

Fragrances - Santa Maria Novella - Honeysuckle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

Gorgeous classic Eau de Cologne with a larger than usual component of honeysuckle. It's much more concentrated than your usual EDC, such as 4711 or Jean Marie Farina, and lasts beautifully. It is, as previous reviewer noted, summer in a bottle. As with many SMN fragrances, there's a very gentle musk note in the base. As it dries down, the bright citric top softens and a more floral center takes over. Gorgeous packaging, crazy pricing due to import restrictions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Esperanza87

Oh Caprifoglio!First of all I'm a Santa Maria Novella fan!I adore the classy packaging,it makes me feel like a Renaissance lady!Caprifoglio smells like summer to me!I'm Mediterranean and neroli colognes are a staple for me and honeysuckle blooms every summer in my garden.Caprifoglio is the perfect summer eau de cologne.A classic neroli eau de cologne with honeysuckle.It is refreshing and so chic for a hot summer day.It reminds me of summer and of my childhood when my mum scented me with orange blossom water!Just a whiff and you'll be in a mediterranean garden....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 7:41:00 AM More reviews by nelci1

Honeysuckle??!! Really??!! Well, on my skin, it smells nothing like honeysuckle. It's a pretty neroli scent, that after some minutes turns into a Coppertone paradise.
SMN Honeysuckle is beautiful, very feminine and uncomplicated - I can visulalize a pretty girl with a warm and cheerful personality (and great sense of humour) wearing this fragrance.
I don't like neroli scents in general, but the "Coppertone" drydown deserves 4 lippies. Lovely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by themeglet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoo! Sharp opening—orange flowers galore, a hint of gardenia, another wee hint of rose that smells like one of those dissolvable bath oil bubbles, and a lovely (yet shy) linden blossom. The orange flower is the most dominant note here, without question. I get none of the soft, mellow-yet-heavy dewiness of honeysuckle, which should be much sweeter, lighter (in the day, yet heavier and sweeter still in the late afternoon), and slightly more sweetened-tea-like. To be honest, I really can’t tell the difference between Caprifoglio and La Chasse aux Papillons; they’re both lovely scents, but neither comes close to creating the impression of honeysuckle. If I were to buy a FB and had to choose btwn the 2 (La Chasse & Caprifoglio), there would really be no contest... Caprifoglio lasts *MUCH* longer than La Chasse, develops nicely, and costs less to boot. Again, it’s a lovely scent if you are looking for an orange blossom & linden fragrance. If you want something closer to honeysuckle, I would suggest either Demeter’s Honeysuckle or L’Erbolario Caprifoglio. (For reference: I found AG’s Le Chevrefeuille to be a terrible honeysuckle disappointment, as the jasmine and narcissus were too prominent. After some 10 min. or so, it turned to a lily-like “eau du bad breath” on my skin. Maybe this is just my skin, though...)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by donnajuliecasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Fabulous!! I am constantly receiving compliments from both sexes on how amazing this fragrance is. It is clean yet very sexy. I purchased this bottle about 6 months ago and am almost out but you bet I will be buying another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by CHARDKAY

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this fragrance. I am a very picky Honeysuckle fragrance lover and this is the best I have found. I was reluctant to try it since I have yet to find a Santa Maria Novella that I liked, but I bought it from a friend and I am so happy that I did. It is truly a gorgeous fragrance that definitely does have a honeysuckle Coppertone combination that I love. I feel that I am at the beach. I do not detect a 'soapy' scent to it at all. I will buy this again and I have the large bottle!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Maller

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If Caprifoglio is based on a Renaissance formula, it was surely created by some very forward thinking perfumer who must have intuited the scent of Coppertone from the distant future and realized how beautifully a hint of Coppertone would blend with honeysuckle. This is a gorgeous green honeysuckle scent, but to my nose there is a distinct touch of Coppertone blended into it. I'm not finding it to be particularly soapy on my skin as other reviewers have, but perhaps my interpretation of the soapy note they perceive is the Coppertone scent I pick up on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

a super green, soapy linden/honeysuckle. the unsweetened powdery quality brings to mind the scent of an old library--it has that almost wince-inducing sting in your nostrils of old, dry paper. initially very aldehydic. i would rename this Antique Honeysuckle if i could since it feels almost...historical, somehow (which is not to say old-fashioned, however). honeysuckle is difficult to capture and i appreciate how un-metallic this provocative interpretation is.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2005 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Araindrop5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviewer's comments about the Honeysuckle being soapy. I'm not a fan of this at all and it could be because I prefer my honeysuckle to smell more like the real flower and as a soapy impression.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2004 9:37:00 PM More reviews by LexicoAmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hmm. Interesting. I find this soapy. I asked my husband what he thought, and he said "soapy." This could be because we have a bottle of L'Occitane's liquid shea butter soap in Honeysuckle in our shower and use it every day, but I don't think so. The scent lasts a long time on me, and it does have a definite honeysuckle note to it, but the soapiness never goes away.