October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - PH Matchmaker Bronzer

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by kendallr123

I found this on sale at target for under $7 so decided to try it as opposed to ELF's $3 version. I like the brand as it is normally gentle on my skin. It is a nice color bronzer (I have light medium/olive toned skin) and if you use it only to highlight and blend, it looks natural and very nice. Like others, I found the sparkles to be a bit of a nuisance, but when used sparingly, they are not so bad and when set, I hardly notice them. The mirror lights are blinding, and do not shut off automatically, so I accidentally closed the compact and opened it to find the light much dimmer. Don't really use it much, maybe to pluck my eyebrows. The package is a bit bulky and I am not a fan of the brush design under the powder, but altogether, this bronzer is nice and an okay buy at the sale price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by 2010

The is a little to muddy on my skin (I have it in light), but if I use a light hand, it is good for countouring and warming up my skin. It's very pigmented so a light hand is needed. I find the packaging to be a little bulky and the lights are a bit tacky. It lasts for about 6 hours on my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ended up getting this for super cheap. It was four dollars after I used my coupons and extra bucks at CVS. I have wanted this for quite some time... I didn't want to pay full price and I knew the time would come along when I could get it for next to nothing.
I got the darker one of the two. The lighter one just looked like a tan powder. Like what my skin color will be this summer. Since it is the end of April and summer is on its way, I got the darker one. Even now, with me being on the pale side, NC 20, this is not over powering at all. It goes on smooth and doesn't leave an orange cast, like some bronzers do. There is glitter in it, but I love it. I am at the age now to where I don't have much time left to wear shimmer and glitter. May as well "live" it up while I still can.
I am pleased with this purchase and am thrilled that I got it for 4 dollars, originally 15! You can't beat that.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Selene2013

Looked fake and orange in my porcelain skin. It was the light bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by amberj2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this 2 days ago in light & I loved the packaging, i read no reviews before purchasing, and i usually do read reviews before buying products. Im fair skinned & I have no color at all. My cheeks are pretty pink on their own so i dont wear blush so i bought the ph bronzer. It costs $20 from where i bought it. I tried it on when i got home and it immedialy looked orange and fake looking(Plus it was very sparkly in the package), Maybe it was the way i applied it seeing as i never wore bronzer before but im not too sure. I will try different brushes and stuff and edit my review when i do, but until then im going to try to nyc sunny bronzer if i can find it.

I would recommend this if you are darker to go for the light bronzer as it would probably suit your skin tone better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Color Refrence - NC 30 currently, NC 15 - NC 20 without a tan.

I truly wanted to love this bronzer. I usually love Physican's Formula, and the cool packaging and the claim that it "matched" to your skintone had me sold. I essentially paid 15$ for a lit up mirror. I really dislike the fact that there is so much glitter in this bronzer. It's very noticable when you're in the sun, tons of gold flecks that can accentuate the texture of dry skin or any blemishes that are raised on the skin. I also do not like the color at all, i feel like it is definitely on the orange spectrum and unnatural looking. I thought maybe I was putting too much on, or not blending it out good enough, but I have been using a light hand and buff it out for minutes and I still can't manage to make it look natural. Boo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I purchased this bronzer because of the recommendation from one of my favorite gurus on youtube. I had used Physicians Formula bronzers before and wasn't super impressed. They tend to be super shimmery which isn't my favorite thing when it comes to bronzers. The packaging on this is nice, it comes with a light (which is super blinding so I never use!) and a brush underneath the product itself. It is a tid bit bulky so if your traveling it might take up some space in your makeup bag. I have this in the lightest version they have and it's the perfect color for me. I'm about an NC35 in MAC for reference. It doesn't turn orange on me which I was afraid of. I've been using this daily for a bit now. It is kind of shimmery in the pan but I don't see any trace of shimmer on my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a great bronzer in the lighter shade! Perfect for winter, I am quite fair during that season. Very natural looking, not orange at all. To me it's almost the shade of a face powder for someone with MAC NC40 skintone maybe? Yes it has some shimmer but it's a quality shimmer if that makes any sense.. very fine not chunky. I always just bought my bronzers from MAC (usually just because I was buying something else there) but I've been using this one a lot more lately!! I think it's better. I love MAC but I think their bronzers are meh.
UPDATE: I took a couple lippies off. I decided this makes me look sallow :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

A bronzer that is on the lighter side for me (NC30), but subtle enough to add dimension to my face. I found out the hard way that this is quite powdery but after the first application, I've learned to gently tap my brush instead of swirling.

I enjoy the way it blends smoothly into my skin and does not turn orange at all on me. It is a more subtle bronzer and even the shimmer does not readily show up that much. I've been using for about a week now and haven't had any break-outs.

Packaging is bulky but the lighted mirror is a cute idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought it just for the lighted mirror why not?