November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Color Gloss Medium Brown 5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Hair Color in Medium Brown is a little darker than medium brown but with a few washes it tones down a little bit. I normally use Clairol Natural Instincts Medium Cool Brown but found that it was not covering the gray quite as well nor lasting as long as I would like, so I decided to give this L'Oreal a try. This color lasted well on me (about five to six weeks before I needed to color again. I'm not a big fan of the conditioner comes with this color kit as it left my hair a little brassy feeling after coloring but not really bad. This color applies really easily as the colorant comes in a toothpaste tube type of packing and once mixed with the developer it's a little creamy and semi-thick so there wasn't that drippy mess. All in all, I like this semi-permanent color and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After 20 years of coloring my hair red, and constantly dealing with roots & fading, I decided to return to my natural medium reddish brown. I needed something to match my dark roots while they grow out so I didn't have an obvious line, and also I wanted to tone down some of the red. I picked this up at Target for around $7. I had no issues with the color being runnier than usual, although I did find the nozzle to be a bit small, so I can see it prone to clogging. My hair is chin length, but extraordinarily thick & coarse, and I had plenty of color to saturate all of my hair (whereas I ran out with 1 box of Natural Instincts). I left it on for about 23 minutes (got busy doing something & didn't keep track of the time), rinsed, shampooed & used my own deep conditioner. The color is not too dark or burgundy at all, it is a perfect medium brown to match my roots. My hair almost *always* grabs dark with brown dyes, but not with this. The color is even throughout, and my hair does not seem damaged or dry after use. I have some grown-out highlights underneath, so I am anxious to see how this fades over the next few weeks, but so far I am quite pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by editorgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just as advertised. Good, natural-looking brown color. Healthy hair afterward. Covered some wiry greys. Thank you! I will continue to use this. It's always a worry that color will be TOO dark or have tones that are red or something...but this fit the bill.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ktulmer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thank you Thank you. I had my hair highlighted two years ago and it turned out platinum white. I had went to several hair dressers spent over a thousand dollars on many appointments and could not get it looking like I wanted. I then tried the at home coloring and spent hundreds of dollars and in the process ruining my hair.It is so damaged ,dry split ends,breaking and had lost the pigment and shine in my hair leaving it an off colored gray gold. I heard of the glosses to make hair shine again and soften hair so I had bought this product in white chocolate and it is a beautiful blonde.The texture is soft once again,it doesnt look dry and damaged and I am so happy with the results. I hope you havent experienced any of the continuous colorings like I have but if you have the damaged hair like I have described,TRY IT! Choose your choice of color and you will get the hair you have been missing. LOVE this product and will definitely purchase again

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Natural Instincts for many years and when I saw this brand on sale decided to try it - the NI was no longer covering the gray - OK - I totally agree with the first reviewer - I did my dark brown hair last night - I bought #5 Med brown - shows in the pic should have been perfect color and basically the same I use in NI My hair looks horrible - . My hair is pitch black. It DID cover the grays better the NI - but even with the deep conditioning treatment my hair is frizzy and dry as a broom today - also OMG this stuff is a mess - dripped allover the place - I cannot recommend it and will never buy it again. (sob!!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

medium brown #5, i bought 2 boxes to cover my long highlighted hair. i tried dark golden brown last time. it came out WAY too dark this time. i know people say to buy one color lighter because the dyes are always darker than what is advertise-will i ever learn?! its ok though-its a demi perm so 28 shampoos later my hair will lighten to the brown i desire. this came our brown BLACK. i will try light brown next time and see how that goes. again, formula is great but hella drippy so be careful and lay out towels. 1 lippy off for being too dark and 1 lippie off for being too drippy.