April 19, 2014 | 1618 users online

Lipstick - Bite Beauty - High Pigment Matte Pencil in Rhubarb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a travel size of this pencil in the four-piece Best Bite holiday set from Sephora. This is the first pencil from the set that I tried because I'm very drawn to berry shades on my NW20 skin. This is my first experience with Bite products and I am extremely impressed. The finish on these isn't matte, not matte like the NARS pencils are matte. These are very creamy, demi-matte and extremely comfortable to wear. I am so pleased with my purchase and will definitely be looking into the full sized pencils in the future. The travel pencils have .05 oz, which is a generous size considering that one layer will give you good coverage as these are very pigmented. Well worth the $25 price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I was pleasantly surprised by this lipstick.
It looks quite dark, but it applies lightly, with a slight sheen. I definitely wouldn't classify this as a pure matte- more of a demi-matte.
However, it does not last very long. It seems to disappear soon after i put it on my lips, leaving my lips dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I really liked this lip pencil. It goes on smoothly and does not look garish. The color is a flattering berry tone. The pencil itself is sleek and compact- great for toting around. I also like that you do not have to sharpen the pencil as it twists up. The only con is that this is not particularly long lasting, but if it were, the formula would probably be a lot more drying. This deserves a solid four stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thus was one of the Winner's in the Sephora Give Me Some Lip Set. It looked dark, but when I used it the color was very flattering on my NW15-20 coloring. Feels creamy for a matte product. A deep pinky red shade. Will definitely buy the full size product. Only issue is that the bullet broke the second time I used it. I was able to jam it back into the casing and it still swivels, so yea for me. Will wear a lot this fall since its a good deeper color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a generous sample of this in the latest Sephora Give Me Some Lip kit. I have friends who love this product but for me, it wasn't love. The color is nice (kind of a warm red) but on me, it was either too drying (if applied with no lip balm) or faded in the middle and left a ring of red around my mouth (if applied with balm under it). I will keep this and use it in the winter as lip liner / base when I do a red lip, but it's really not ideal for that purpose since it's too thick for a fine line. I like moisturization in my lip products, so I wouldn't buy this - although I love the color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is one of the best lip products on the market right now. I can't wait to get more shades.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw this while browsing at Sephora, loved the shade, and bought it on impulse. I'm glad I did. This is a twist-up (no sharpening) lipstick pencil which is indeed highly pigmented (although not so much that it looks corpse-like on the lips). The Sephora website describes the shade as a plum rose, but to me it's a true rhubarb color--medium pink with a bit of red--and very flattering. Although it's matte (sort of), it has a very creamy feel when applied and glides on like a dream. I do use lipbalm on top every few hours or so; however, because of the texture and pigmentation of the product, the color holds up and looks rejuvenated with the bit of added moisture. It also wears evenly and leaves a beautiful stain when it's gone. I've had no problems with this bleeding or feathering, and there's no obnoxious taste or smell. The product is a bit expensive at $24, but because so little is needed to get full coverage and it doesn't require repeated application, it all evens out. Do use a good lip balm underneath if you tend to have dry lips like I do, but otherwise this is a winner!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No