Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

3.9

on 6/13/2015 3:04:00 AM

So, I bought this from priceline for around $5 AUD after hearing some pretty good reviews, but my feelings towards it are mixed...

The formula is soft and buildable which means its versatile and you can wear it however you like.
The brush is thick and good for separating lashes or building up depending on how you use it.

BUT IT SMUDGES THROUGHOUT THE DAY - even when it's dry, the product transfers to my bottom eyelids, giving me panda eye bags, so by 3pm, my make up is ruined.
This is sooo disappointing because I actually like how it makes my lashes look, but it just doesn't last as long as it should. I wouldn't buy it again simply because it pretty much smudges and melts to your bottom eyelids, sorry :(

on 11/19/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This has a big wand which can be a bit cumbersome. It gives good length, good at keeping a curl and average volumizing. It builds up nicely.

on 11/13/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

very good mascara and cheap one too.

on 11/2/2014 3:52:00 AM

I am currently on the hunt for my holy grail mascara that gives me every thing I want, without breaking the bank, when I read the reviews for this mascara and then saw the price tag, I thought it was too good to be true. So of course I went out to purchase it the next day.
At first, I was impressed, the mascara gave me both volume and length, and did a great job of separating my lashes. It managed to transform my eyes from beady looking things, to really large and open looking, with beautiful full lashes. Application was a bit of a mess, as I managed to get it all over my lid, but it was fairly easy to clean up, so I didn't consider it too be that big of a deal. As the day wore on however, my opinion of this mascara started falling rapidly. At the end of around 4 hours of work, my eyes were begging for a touch up. Nearly all of the mascara on my lashes had flaked off and transferred onto my skin, so not only did my eyes once again look beady, I now bore a strong resemblance to a raccoon, which is always a good look. I'll cut this mascara some slack by mentioning the fact that I live in a really hot, humid place, and also have quite oily lids, but I wore this mascara through both winter and summer and got the same results.
Overall I held such high hopes for this mascara, but after trying so desperately to love this product, I can now confidently confirm that I am still searching for my holy grail mascara

on 10/28/2014 11:34:00 PM

I feel like I rave about essence almost too much, but this mascara is just so great. Lashes galore. Reminds me of Lancome's Hypnose star if it had a tapered brush. I like to use a smaller, silicone brush as I have fine lashes and the big bushy brushes don't separate as much as I'd like. Even if I do use the brush I get a great, full result.

My Favorite mascara of all time!!!((-and ive tried a lot!! ))
Great price, good quality and wonderful product. Makes my eyelashes very volumeized and beautiful!! I always go back and buy more.

on 8/20/2014 6:39:00 AM

This mascara is great for the price. It gives you super voluminous lashes and you can apply multiple coats without clumping. It also wears very well with little flaking or smudging. On the downside the big brush makes applications awkward and a little messy. Also it takes a little more effort to remove than my other mascaras. Overall though this is a good budget buy.

on 8/11/2014 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not a bad mascara at all for the price, the brush is huge and takes some getting use to. The formula really gives you voluminous lashes and is buidable but I don't think it's good for sensitive eyes because it made my eyes itch at the end of the day. If you are looking for a budget volume mascara for "extreme" lashes this is good, but for anyone who would want a more natural everyday look or for those with sensitive eyes I wouldn't recommend.

Pro's:
Cheap
Doesn't clump
Gives volume and lenght

Con's:
Brush is (to) huge to work with
Dries out quickly
Made eyes a little itchy at the end of the day

on 8/8/2014 6:53:00 AM

This mascara gives me thicker and slightly longer lashes! It certainly does not weigh my lashes down too. It comes off easily just by using my facial cleanser and warm water. :)

Do note that I have straight, short, and downward-facing eye lashes but still, this is my HG product! The downside of it is that the brush may be slightly over sized and the product smudges slightly when my face gets oily. Other than it, it does what it says!

THE PRICE IS LOVELY TOO, NO HARM PURCHASING.

on 7/30/2014 9:38:00 PM

positives : *great mascara gave me huge lashes like i had falsies on, everybody kept asking
what i had on my lashes.
*good staying power
*flacking is so little not even noticable
* price is awesome
* easy to remove, not too rough on eyes

negatives : * there is no test for them, so u cant try it first , also u have to open it before u
buy it to examine the brush and product , but i trust my local store cause it
doesnt allow trying it on .
* the brush is gigantic even for me with my big eyes( wink wink), it gets a little
messy but it is really easy to clean actually

yes i would buy it again, maybe in the new version ( the pink extreme ) to try it out , essence has a lot of awesome mascaras :)