November 27, 2014 | 1392 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ninadg2

This has a big wand which can be a bit cumbersome. It gives good length, average at keeping a curl and average volumizing. It builds up nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by zhaaniite

very good mascara and cheap one too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by jaxx98

I am currently on the hunt for my holy grail mascara that gives me every thing I want, without breaking the bank, when I read the reviews for this mascara and then saw the price tag, I thought it was too good to be true. So of course I went out to purchase it the next day.
At first, I was impressed, the mascara gave me both volume and length, and did a great job of separating my lashes. It managed to transform my eyes from beady looking things, to really large and open looking, with beautiful full lashes. Application was a bit of a mess, as I managed to get it all over my lid, but it was fairly easy to clean up, so I didn't consider it too be that big of a deal. As the day wore on however, my opinion of this mascara started falling rapidly. At the end of around 4 hours of work, my eyes were begging for a touch up. Nearly all of the mascara on my lashes had flaked off and transferred onto my skin, so not only did my eyes once again look beady, I now bore a strong resemblance to a raccoon, which is always a good look. I'll cut this mascara some slack by mentioning the fact that I live in a really hot, humid place, and also have quite oily lids, but I wore this mascara through both winter and summer and got the same results.
Overall I held such high hopes for this mascara, but after trying so desperately to love this product, I can now confidently confirm that I am still searching for my holy grail mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by BeatrixKidd0

I feel like I rave about essence almost too much, but this mascara is just so great. Lashes galore. Reminds me of Lancome's Hypnose star if it had a tapered brush. I like to use a smaller, silicone brush as I have fine lashes and the big bushy brushes don't separate as much as I'd like. Even if I do use the brush I get a great, full result.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by meredithcook1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My Favorite mascara of all time!!!((-and ive tried a lot!! ))
Great price, good quality and wonderful product. Makes my eyelashes very volumeized and beautiful!! I always go back and buy more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is great for the price. It gives you super voluminous lashes and you can apply multiple coats without clumping. It also wears very well with little flaking or smudging. On the downside the big brush makes applications awkward and a little messy. Also it takes a little more effort to remove than my other mascaras. Overall though this is a good budget buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a bad mascara at all for the price, the brush is huge and takes some getting use to. The formula really gives you voluminous lashes and is buidable but I don't think it's good for sensitive eyes because it made my eyes itch at the end of the day. If you are looking for a budget volume mascara for "extreme" lashes this is good, but for anyone who would want a more natural everyday look or for those with sensitive eyes I wouldn't recommend.

Pro's:
Cheap
Doesn't clump
Gives volume and lenght

Con's:
Brush is (to) huge to work with
Dries out quickly
Made eyes a little itchy at the end of the day

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by ermanday

This mascara gives me thicker and slightly longer lashes! It certainly does not weigh my lashes down too. It comes off easily just by using my facial cleanser and warm water. :)

Do note that I have straight, short, and downward-facing eye lashes but still, this is my HG product! The downside of it is that the brush may be slightly over sized and the product smudges slightly when my face gets oily. Other than it, it does what it says!

THE PRICE IS LOVELY TOO, NO HARM PURCHASING.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by eman00sherif

positives : *great mascara gave me huge lashes like i had falsies on, everybody kept asking
what i had on my lashes.
*good staying power
*flacking is so little not even noticable
* price is awesome
* easy to remove, not too rough on eyes

negatives : * there is no test for them, so u cant try it first , also u have to open it before u
buy it to examine the brush and product , but i trust my local store cause it
doesnt allow trying it on .
* the brush is gigantic even for me with my big eyes( wink wink), it gets a little
messy but it is really easy to clean actually

yes i would buy it again, maybe in the new version ( the pink extreme ) to try it out , essence has a lot of awesome mascaras :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this and applied it for 2 days. The first day, my right bottom eyelid started to hurt. I got home and took off my makeup only to realize my eyelids were swollen and I had a weird, tiny white bump on my lash line. The next day, the bump was gone, and my eye wasn't as puffy. I thought I would try it again mainly because it was very effective in the volume department--my sister even told me it looked like I had falsies on. BAD IDEA. My left eyelids decided to join the pain party, and swelled up too, even worse than the right one had. I took off my makeup and even though it has been a few hours since, my left eyelids still hurt and look abnormally puffy. I even applied warm compresses to both my eyes for about 10 minutes each, and used a natural baby soap to make sure it was all gone.

And why aren't ANY of the Essence mascaras sealed for safety at Ulta? That should have been a red flag, but $5 was so reasonable.

I will never purchase any Essence products ever again.