Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

3.9

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It gives me dramatic volume with one quick coat and honestly saves me a lot of time in the morning. If i wear it on my bottom lashes, it tends to smudge under a little so if I'm in a rush i either skip putting mascara there or if I have more time I'll use a different mascara for this. This is a little annoying as most mascaras wont smudge there for me but I'll take it for how good this makes my lashes look, seriously false-lash drama with 2 coats. For those complaining about clumps, well of course it'll look a little clumpy, it's volumizing mascara! If you hate any clumps you should stick to a lengthening/separating mascara, it's the only way you can completely avoid clumps. My favorite part about this is how good it looks along without eyeliner or eyeshadow, it really defines my eyes and it's a great product for a low low price.

on 8/14/2015 7:14:00 AM

This is a great mascara, it doesn't clump my eyelashes together which is my biggest gripe. It gives a lot of volume without mashing your lashes together into one giant eyelash as the benefit they're real one seems to do.. I gave it 5 stars cause it does the job, doesn't smudge, doesn't irritate my eyes and it is cheap so I can throw it away after 2-3 months without cringing about the money wasted.

on 7/30/2015 7:56:00 AM

I bought this thinking it was a decent mascara (the good reviews) but the mascara clumps so much. After a while the bottle got messy and the formula started to clump inside. I ended up throwing it out because it was so messy. Would not repurchase.

on 6/13/2015 3:04:00 AM

So, I bought this from priceline for around $5 AUD after hearing some pretty good reviews, but my feelings towards it are mixed...

The formula is soft and buildable which means its versatile and you can wear it however you like.
The brush is thick and good for separating lashes or building up depending on how you use it.

BUT IT SMUDGES THROUGHOUT THE DAY - even when it's dry, the product transfers to my bottom eyelids, giving me panda eye bags, so by 3pm, my make up is ruined.
This is sooo disappointing because I actually like how it makes my lashes look, but it just doesn't last as long as it should. I wouldn't buy it again simply because it pretty much smudges and melts to your bottom eyelids, sorry :(

on 11/19/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This has a big wand which can be a bit cumbersome. It gives good length, good at keeping a curl and average volumizing. It builds up nicely.

on 11/13/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

very good mascara and cheap one too.

on 11/2/2014 3:52:00 AM

I am currently on the hunt for my holy grail mascara that gives me every thing I want, without breaking the bank, when I read the reviews for this mascara and then saw the price tag, I thought it was too good to be true. So of course I went out to purchase it the next day.
At first, I was impressed, the mascara gave me both volume and length, and did a great job of separating my lashes. It managed to transform my eyes from beady looking things, to really large and open looking, with beautiful full lashes. Application was a bit of a mess, as I managed to get it all over my lid, but it was fairly easy to clean up, so I didn't consider it too be that big of a deal. As the day wore on however, my opinion of this mascara started falling rapidly. At the end of around 4 hours of work, my eyes were begging for a touch up. Nearly all of the mascara on my lashes had flaked off and transferred onto my skin, so not only did my eyes once again look beady, I now bore a strong resemblance to a raccoon, which is always a good look. I'll cut this mascara some slack by mentioning the fact that I live in a really hot, humid place, and also have quite oily lids, but I wore this mascara through both winter and summer and got the same results.
Overall I held such high hopes for this mascara, but after trying so desperately to love this product, I can now confidently confirm that I am still searching for my holy grail mascara

on 10/28/2014 11:34:00 PM

I feel like I rave about essence almost too much, but this mascara is just so great. Lashes galore. Reminds me of Lancome's Hypnose star if it had a tapered brush. I like to use a smaller, silicone brush as I have fine lashes and the big bushy brushes don't separate as much as I'd like. Even if I do use the brush I get a great, full result.

My Favorite mascara of all time!!!((-and ive tried a lot!! ))
Great price, good quality and wonderful product. Makes my eyelashes very volumeized and beautiful!! I always go back and buy more.

on 8/20/2014 6:39:00 AM

This mascara is great for the price. It gives you super voluminous lashes and you can apply multiple coats without clumping. It also wears very well with little flaking or smudging. On the downside the big brush makes applications awkward and a little messy. Also it takes a little more effort to remove than my other mascaras. Overall though this is a good budget buy.

Top Rated Essence Products