September 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - The Microdelivery Triple-Acid Brightening Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Why I didn't start using these sooner I will never know, but I am glad that I discovered them and did start using them at 49 years of age. I have liked almost every Philosophy product that I have tried, some more than others. I know I have seen these @ Ulta and Sephora but stuck to my usual routine and didn't purchase. I saw them on QVC a couple weeks ago and ordered the jumbo size, which is a 6 month supply of 24 treatments. The price for 24 treatments was just a few dollars more than what the 12 month supply runs @ retailers. I decided to take a chance and absolutely love these. So far I have used 2x (once a week x 2 weeks) and have noticed changes in my skin. I had a couple of dark spots, acne scars and fine lines that all started diminishing after the first treatment and look even better after the second.

I guess I thought these would be similar to the Bliss Incredipeels acid peel pads that I have been using for a few years. I like the Bliss product, but think that the Philosophy Triple Acid peel is more effective. The Bliss pads can be used every night and I have used them consecutively for 5-7 days at a time to treat some minor issues and found that they didn't over-dry my skin, I think that the Philosophy pads are stronger and I would not dare try using more than once every 5-7 days.

I haven't had issues with irritation or break outs, and I do suffer with sensitive skin, so that is a major plus for me. So far I am really liking the results and will update in a few months or sooner if some change should take place.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by BenzaitenNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this thinking it would be the key to solve my skin issues. I have been using this for 3 months and NOTHING. I actually broke out terrible on my chin and forehead from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Avidreader

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These pads did absolutely nothing for me. I have normal to dry skin, few wrinkles, no blemishes, have some dark sun spots. I bought them thinking that the pads would take off dead skin and my face would look brighter....nothing happened

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

A very super gentle (so gentle I'm not sure anything is happening....) swipe for night. Its pretty overpriced for the results. I cut one pad into 3 and use 3 nights in a row, makes a very small difference in smoothness to skin but thats it really. The two step microdelivery peel is way better, value and effectiveness wise.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using these for a few months now, and while it's a good product, it's not great. First, they're expensive. I've circumvented this by cutting each pad in three sections, using one, and resealing the rest in the envelope each pad is packaged in (I fold the top over a few times and hold it closed with a small binder clip--this works well, and the remaining pieces of the pad stay as moist as when opened), so I get three uses from each pad. Second, although the ingredients are good (including Niacinamide and Mandelic, Azelaic, and Phytic Acids), the acids are far down on the list, so this is quite a mild peel.(I feel no stinging at all, and leave it on overnight, using no other product with it). What the pads contain a lot of is denatured alcohol (see below). Third, although easy to apply, the skin is left sticky. Fourth, despite using philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash and my Clarisonic the morning after application, I notice no dramatic difference in my skin. It feels smooth, but not nearly as smooth and clean as after weekly use of philosophy's Microdelivery Dual-Phase Peel (which is the same price and provides many more applications). I think this peel would be great for those with sensitive skin, like the previous reviewers, but at the price philosophy asks for ten treatments, most people would be much better served by a peel from MUAC. I'll be going back to the Microdelivery Dual-Phase Peel, which really exfoliates and brightens my skin and leaves it as smooth as glass. I will not repurchase.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Sd Alcohol 40b (Alcohol Denat.), Glycereth-7 Trimethyl Ether, Niacinamide, Mandelic Acid, Peg-8/Smdi Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Azelaic Acid, Phytic Acid, Bisabolol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

purchased last month and have used about 5 pads (like the reviewer below). VERY gentle but i did have slight peeling on one of my eyebrows and around my mouth but very miniscule. dime size basically. i am a retinol user also. i dont use retinol the night before i use this or the night after to give myself a "buffer" zone. never want to over exfoliate! i set my cell phone reminder to every Wednesday and i look forward to it every week! i swipe it all over my face after i shower at night, so easy to do. use it fast if you want to use some on your chest and elbows/hands-it dries very quickly. its great that its packaged individually for optimal freshness. my face is very smooth , bright and acne has stayed away. great stuff! i definitely will repurchase once gone. ive had chemical peels at salons and that shiz BURNS like a mo'. this is so much more gentle but effective. no downtime whatsoever and no crazy peeling. it is slighty sticky yes, but you're going to bed! :) if you're looking for a MAJOR skin lift/lighting this is not it, this is better for people who have gotten there skin where they want it to be and need gentle effective affordable maintenance or people who never would do a chemical peel and again, need a gentle option.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by JCAUDO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product sounds like it would be a very harsh peel, however it is really an effective yet gentle brightening peel. It uses mandelic acid( an alpha hydroxy acid) to exfoliate and resurface, while the phytic and azelaic acids are for brightening. My very sensitive skin can rarely handle an acid peel of any sort without some major side affect which usually involves extreme redness followed by peeling. However, this left ZERO side affects and absolutely no redness. I didn't see any substantial brightening with the first treatment, but I had extremely soft skin. The second treatment is where I saw the brightness. I am on treatment #5 and I have noticed substantial brightness, clarity and the softest skin in awhile. Even my pores are more clear and starting to show improvement in size. Directions say to rinse off after 5min if you have sensitive skin but I left it on over night and didn't have any issues. To get full benefits it's best to leave on over night, and no retinol on the night of this treatment. If you feel some stickiness, this is normal. I just make sure the treatment is dry before applying moisturizer and this usually resolves the stickiness issue somewhat. There is still a bit of stickiness, but not too bad. It is definitely a night time treatment as makeup does not apply well over it. And you must avoid sun exposure immediately after the treatment.

I also love that it's pre saturated and individually sealed. Per treatment it comes to about $5.75, a bit expensive but worth it if it works IMO. So far so good!

Update; after using the entire box, the results halted and I saw no difference going forward. Additionally, I started to get itchy while using it, so I followed direction and washed it off and this may be why I'm not getting the original results. Without leaving it on all night, I won't get the results so I won't repurchase as it's pricey.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No