Kiss My Face Oat Protein Complex Sunscreen - SPF 30

4.4

Not tested on animals

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.5%, Zinc Oxide 3 % INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Aqua, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, polysorbate-20, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, acrylates copolymer, cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, xanthan gum, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) oleosomes, avena sativa (oat) protein, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, carota sativa (carrot) extract, avena sativa (oat) betaglucan, glycrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) extract, caprylic/capric triglyceride, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin.

on 7/28/2015 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The ingredients in this are almost identical to the Kiss My Face Face + Neck Factor SPF30 (2oz)... except you get twice as much product with this one (4oz). The only real difference I see is the "face" one has Glyceryl Stearate SE and this one instead has Stearic Acid. Glyceryl Stearate SE has a higher comedogenic rating (3) than Stearic Acid (2) and I have found personally that I do seem to break out from products with Glyceryl Stearate SE. I have both, I bought them thinking one was for face and one was for the body but then I noticed how the ingredients are almost identical! The face version did not give me full-on breakouts but I would always stop using it after 1 or 2 days because I felt like my pores were starting to become clogged. I am going to try this one now hoping that the exclusion of Glyceryl Stearate SE might make this one less likely to clog my pores or cause breakouts. Both have a very nice smooth texture and are very hydrating as they claim, with no white cast. Funny that I may have to use up the "face" one on my body and I'm hoping maybe the "body" one will work on my face! Lately I am using MD Solar Sciences tinted SPF30 which is great but not really moisturizing (more of a silicone primer texture but doesn't provide much actual moisture). I prefer to have one moisturizer for daytime, not a separate moisturizer + sunscreen, so I hope this Kiss My Face one works out for me because it feels great as a moisturizer and also has broad spectrum SPF.

on 11/1/2014 6:18:00 PM

i've been using this sunscreen for the past few summers. it's a great go-to. it's reasonably priced, soaks into the skin pretty easily (unlike a lot of the natural sunscreens!), smells nice and is highly rated in the EWG site!

on 5/22/2014 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this as my daily facial sunscreen for 2 months now, and I've been very happy with it.

Very minimal white cast (on a pale skin), doesn't leave me feeling greasy, works well under makeup, doesn't irritate or break me out. It does have a mild scent, but it's not unpleasent to me.

on 2/25/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to to sunscreen. I just repurchased this today. It has a herbal style smell but it doesn't linger long and I don't actually mind it.

The tube is kind of messy because the product is a thin cream. It's not liquid but it's kind of borderline. I actually use the Spf 50 version and 30. I love how moisturizing this is and how non greasy it is. It's great under make up. You don't get a bad white cast either. I didnt get a bad reaction and i get great protection.This is detrimental for when the warmer weather starts. I can't live without this. It's also got good ingredients and was around $10 ;) sunscreen is different from one skin type to the other. I am dry so this is great but if your excessively oily then I might look elsewhere.

on 9/22/2013 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I live in Bali and the sun here is the strongest on the planet so I was looking for a natural high spf sunscreen without prominent sunblockey smell. The Oat Protein sunscreen:

1. Didn't do its job. I had freckles all over my face and arms after just two hours on and off in the sun. Thick layer was applied. My spf 25++ foundation does a better job.
2. Totally smells with sunblock for hours.
3. Is a greasy mess, impossible to apply onto your face.

So I suppose this product is not made for real sun conditions and might work for mellow European sun or not too hot areas of US.

on 7/7/2013 9:24:00 PM

My SO uses this on his arms and chest so the sun doesn't ruin his tattoos. It's perfect for keeping him pale and protected without clogging any pores. It blends in quickly. Doesn't leave any residue. And works well. I'll definitely buy again next summer.

on 4/28/2012 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love that this sunscreen is cruelty free and I so wanted it to work for me, but after a single use I had a pretty bad breakout. This was the only product that I changed, so it was definitely the culprit. I'll use it up on my arms and legs and keep looking for something else that does work. Sigh.

on 2/26/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This natural sunscreen from Kiss My Face is excellent! There is a barely detectable sunscreen "scent", but other than that, fragrance-free! I love that this company does not test on animals and is vegan friendly as well. I have been looking to up my SPF from 15 to 30, and this one does not leave any type of greasy film that all too often accompanies a sunscreen. I have not broken out using this product. It's worth giving a try and at 4 oz. for $12.95, it's an outstanding value. Way to go Kiss My Face!

on 9/26/2008 2:22:00 AM

At last I have found my Holy Grail sunscreen! I love this stuff. It has a mineral sunblock, Titanium Dioxide, which I always prefer over chemical ones such as Avobenzone. But what makes this product so amazing is that it just sinks right into my skin leaving a lovely velvety finish. It doesn't say it's for faces, but has such gentle ingredients that it's perfectly suitable. I have sensitive skin and have had zero problems. I love love love this sunscreen. Pls do try! Only $5.87 on vitacost.com

on 2/2/2005 12:16:00 PM

This is actually for the SPF 30 but it's not listed as an option. The is my sunscreen for when I'm running errands and will be in and out of the house all day. I have oily T zone with dry forehead and moutharea. When I first applied it, it did leave that "white mask" from the TDioxide I assume. I kept applying it and within a few min. the mask was gone. It left a matte look in my face wich I like. It soaked right in and I didn't have any problems with my foundation. I also have acne prone skin and it didn't make me break out. I had been using Neutrogena Oil free Sunscreen and it kept stinging around my eyebrow area...not this one. What I don't like is the tube it comes in. The sunscreen is very runny and it just pours out of the tube if you have it facing down, it would be much better to have it in a pump bottle. ***UPDATE: I have noticed it's changing the color of my foundation...I had a harder time finding a good sunscreen than a good foundation, so the foundation is out.

Top Rated Kiss My Face Products