November 28, 2014 | 1980 users online

Sunscreen - Kiss My Face - Oat Protein Complex Sunscreen - SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by supertearz

i've been using this sunscreen for the past few summers. it's a great go-to. it's reasonably priced, soaks into the skin pretty easily (unlike a lot of the natural sunscreens!), smells nice and is highly rated in the EWG site!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Hippa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this as my daily facial sunscreen for 2 months now, and I've been very happy with it.

Very minimal white cast (on a pale skin), doesn't leave me feeling greasy, works well under makeup, doesn't irritate or break me out. It does have a mild scent, but it's not unpleasent to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to to sunscreen. I just repurchased this today. It has a herbal style smell but it doesn't linger long and I don't actually mind it.

The tube is kind of messy because the product is a thin cream. It's not liquid but it's kind of borderline. I actually use the Spf 50 version and 30. I love how moisturizing this is and how non greasy it is. It's great under make up. You don't get a bad white cast either. I didnt get a bad reaction and i get great protection.This is detrimental for when the warmer weather starts. I can't live without this. It's also got good ingredients and was around $10 ;) sunscreen is different from one skin type to the other. I am dry so this is great but if your excessively oily then I might look elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live in Bali and the sun here is the strongest on the planet so I was looking for a natural high spf sunscreen without prominent sunblockey smell. The Oat Protein sunscreen:

1. Didn't do its job. I had freckles all over my face and arms after just two hours on and off in the sun. Thick layer was applied. My spf 25++ foundation does a better job.
2. Totally smells with sunblock for hours.
3. Is a greasy mess, impossible to apply onto your face.

So I suppose this product is not made for real sun conditions and might work for mellow European sun or not too hot areas of US.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by iEuphoria0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My SO uses this on his arms and chest so the sun doesn't ruin his tattoos. It's perfect for keeping him pale and protected without clogging any pores. It blends in quickly. Doesn't leave any residue. And works well. I'll definitely buy again next summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by deepgreensea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love that this sunscreen is cruelty free and I so wanted it to work for me, but after a single use I had a pretty bad breakout. This was the only product that I changed, so it was definitely the culprit. I'll use it up on my arms and legs and keep looking for something else that does work. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This natural sunscreen from Kiss My Face is excellent! There is a barely detectable sunscreen "scent", but other than that, fragrance-free! I love that this company does not test on animals and is vegan friendly as well. I have been looking to up my SPF from 15 to 30, and this one does not leave any type of greasy film that all too often accompanies a sunscreen. I have not broken out using this product. It's worth giving a try and at 4 oz. for $12.95, it's an outstanding value. Way to go Kiss My Face!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sugarplum71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At last I have found my Holy Grail sunscreen! I love this stuff. It has a mineral sunblock, Titanium Dioxide, which I always prefer over chemical ones such as Avobenzone. But what makes this product so amazing is that it just sinks right into my skin leaving a lovely velvety finish. It doesn't say it's for faces, but has such gentle ingredients that it's perfectly suitable. I have sensitive skin and have had zero problems. I love love love this sunscreen. Pls do try! Only $5.87 on vitacost.com

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 12:16:00 PM More reviews by baloo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is actually for the SPF 30 but it's not listed as an option. The is my sunscreen for when I'm running errands and will be in and out of the house all day. I have oily T zone with dry forehead and moutharea. When I first applied it, it did leave that "white mask" from the TDioxide I assume. I kept applying it and within a few min. the mask was gone. It left a matte look in my face wich I like. It soaked right in and I didn't have any problems with my foundation. I also have acne prone skin and it didn't make me break out. I had been using Neutrogena Oil free Sunscreen and it kept stinging around my eyebrow area...not this one. What I don't like is the tube it comes in. The sunscreen is very runny and it just pours out of the tube if you have it facing down, it would be much better to have it in a pump bottle. ***UPDATE: I have noticed it's changing the color of my foundation...I had a harder time finding a good sunscreen than a good foundation, so the foundation is out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2004 4:24:00 PM More reviews by acvdep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this in the SPF 30 at my local health food store for $7. I bought it b/c of Paula B. rec in her book for a sunblock for those with sensitive skin. I did not consider myself a person w/ sensitive skin until I noticed that something in my Dove daytime moisturizer was irritating the drier areas of my face (around my mouth and nose). So, I gave this a shot since it's main ingredient is 10% titanium dioxide. I have normal to dry w/ some oiler ares on forehead, nose and chin. I don't use this as my everyday sunblock but for days that i will be in the sun for a while, at the beach or playing sports. I would not recommend this for those with oiler skin. It is slightly whitish and has a typical sunblock feel, but it really was not greasy on my skin. I applied it right after i cleansed and I found that it actually soothed my drier irritated areas. I applied a bit of translucent powder on my nose and forehead since I wasn't going to be doing much activity and so far (4 hours later) no shine. I've tried Dove, Cetaphil, Neutrogena and Olay, and all irritated by dry areas causing redness and itchy burning. Not this one. I will be repurchasing.