April 20, 2014 | 1274 users online

Polishes - OPI - Gouda Gouda Two Shoes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by DoraZ

After seeing swatches of this online I was really excited to get this color and it looks gorgeous in the bottle. I have to say though, I'm a little dissapointed how flat this looks on my nails. The formula isn't bad, I bought it brand new at Ulta and it only takes two coats to get a nice, opaque look. However, it did tend to drag a bit even though I waited a few minutes after painting both hands to start the second coat. I had to give one finger an extra coat to cover a small bald spot and I was pretty sure I had just enough polish on the brush. The shimmer is almost invisible unless you're looking at the polish in the sunlight outside and even with a shiny topcoat my nails look almost matte when I'm inside. This is definitely a work appropriate shade and it does go nicely with my NW20 skintone which I really like and the wear is pretty good. Overall I don't think I would buy this again just because the color doesn't "pop" but I will certainly use up the bottle I have because the color suits me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE this color! It's a warm terra-cotta, a little on the pink side, with gold flecks. The sparkle is really subtle, but gives it some much needed warmth. It's a really pretty "neutral", as in you could wear it to work.

The formula is good. It spreads fairly evenly, and has GREAT coverage. You only need two coats, and I'm almost always a three coats girl.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy the name of this polish as well as the color. Many of the previous reviewers have described the shade well. To me, it is a darker shade of dusty rose with lovely, barely visible golden sparkles. I really like this color when I want to have my nails be "done," but I don't want a dark or bright color. It really does just look pretty and polished. However, I have come to expect a certain standard of quality from OPI and this polish does not measure up. Every time I have worn it, I've had substantial tipwear/ small chips within a day. That is totally unacceptable considering the price of this polish. So, although I love the color, I would not repurchase. I'm sure I can find something similar with better performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by caiya

Love, Love, LOVE this color! Pretty sure this is going to be my new "go to" polish when I can't decide what to wear. It looks stunning against my skin tone. I am strongly considering buying a back-up bottle.

In the bottle the polish looks like a neutral dusty pink that leans towards orange with a subtle gold micro shimmer, but on the nail the pink hues are pulled out more (due to my skin tone) creating more of a dusty rose pink. The micro shimmer is really only noticeable under direct sunlight, which is what I would prefer with this color. I like that it is subtle and leans more towards a rich creamy look.

The formula was very creamy and easy to apply. Two coats was sufficient. It wears quite well, I wore it a little over a week before any noticeable chipping occurred.

I would definitely buy this polish again! It is neutral enough that it could be worn in any season, but not so typical that it would be considered boring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Love this colour. It is nude with pink/brown, almost like a dusty pink and looks great and matches all outfits!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by gwootton

My absolute favourite nail polish! I usually do three coats to get it really shiny but two would probably do. Not too thick or too thin. Most gorgeous colour which is literally always appropriate - work, evening things, parties, whatever.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Product goes on smoothly. Smells great and looks so good on. Suits almost any skin tone and is a great neutral base for work.

Def buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ilovemacchiato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Excellent excellent solid neutral pinkish/peachish color! I am a fan of neutrals that do not have glitters or frostiness. This color is great for any season or time of day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

The most gorgeous neutral mauvey/salmon dusky rose with just enough gold shimmer to give it some dimension. I believe this may not suit cool toned skin tones hence the "old lady" comments. I am very pale but yellow/olive toned and this looks gorgeous the most beautiful smoked pink which is totally flattering. Very similar to Sally Hansens 'so much fawn' but I like this better. Smooth to apply and good coverage dries relatively fast. This is a good substitute for my old fave Revlon Topspeed in dusk which got discontinued some years ago - this is just a tad darker but unfortunately still too cool for me - I might try the new schnapps out of it shade as it looks like this but more apricot toned.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Medium-dark rosy peach with hidden microshimmer. It's definitely a spring color, dark enough to transition cleanly out of darker, winter colors and microshimmer-y enough to transition into brighter, summer colors.

Formula was excellent. Application was super easy.

Unfortunately, it looks kind of "blah" with my medium-dark, warm skin tone. I would not buy again as I am not in love with it.