October 31, 2014 | 1552 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - blastflipstick

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by yamna1

The light pink shade in the duo Perky Entrain was such a pretty purply pink but the taste is so awful makes me vomit when I apply on my lips. ill keep the cheap one and try to find the same shade in a better smelling/tasting wearable brand from sephora, Ewwww gawd awwfull taste! never buying lipstick at walmart again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Cinderelletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this on clearance somewhere in Cheeky and have been pleasantly surprised. I don't like the lighter shade at all, but since it appears frost even in the packaging, I wasn't expecting to like it. The brighter, pink shade though is gorgeous and is INCREDIBLY staining. I haven't worn this out of the house yet, but I've tried it on twice at home and have been completely blown away by how it wears. The first time I tried it, I actually wore it for a few hours before taking it off, so I wasn't ALL that surprised that it had sunk it & was difficult to remove - but the second time, I was trying various Spring/Summer lipsticks and tried to remove this pretty much immediately after applying & couldn't get it off! I had to use multiple makeup removers & even that didn't fully work.

For some people that may be a total annoyance and negative thing, but I hate high maintenance lip products, so I usually wear stains so I don't have to deal with them more than once or twice throughout the day. I'm looking forward to wearing this this Summer!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Stishy

Purchased this recently on a whim, as I don't normally use lipstick.

Pros:
- Nice colour (purchased in 'Murmure')
- Looks great on and has decent staying power

Cons:
- Thick and very matte
- Quite expensive

Haven't tried to blend both shades yet as I prefer the darker colour. Will probably buy this again if it is sold on clearance!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay. Color selection isn't great. Packaging is fun, but the lipstick doesn't go all the way into the tube so it's hard to put the cap on. Has a weird smell. Good staying power

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Leaaadm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HATE THIS LIPSTICK. I purchased this in Perky for $8 because of the purpleish color lipstick. It applies very dry and shimmery, no full color. If I'm looking at myself from a distance then it look's good, but up close it is CRAP. I am never buying Cover Girl products again because even my foundation is crappy. I will be returning this and purchasing a lipstick from another brand :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Sparkx91

Bought the blast flipstick today for $5 AUD because it was on special ($7.95 off the original price) in the local supermarket and I thought I probably couldn't go wrong with two lipsticks in one for more than 50% off.
I got the '800 Whisper Murmure' shades and overall the lippy isn't too bad. I used the lighter end while out today which really didn't last, it a very thick sort of consistency, a somewhat weird pastel type color and a bit hard to apply because of how thick and creamy it is.
Tonight I decided to try the darker end, I love the colour and the shimmer and the consistency is nowhere near as thick as the lighter end making it easier to apply.
Then I decided to apply the lighter end over the top of the darker end and try out how the product blends and it blends as promised. It also looks pretty good, a lighter version of the darker ends color and even though the lighter end is a very pastel sort of color, the shimmer from the darker end still managed to come through and it looks good.
Apart from the fact that the lighter end on its own is disappointing, I find the blending opportunities fun and plan on going back tomorrow as there were a couple more colors on the rack and for such a great price Im definitely going to grab another one. I believe I saw the 'Stunner' shade so I might grab that as I don't have a really red lippy as yet as I have hesitated to spend money on something I might never use more than once. $5 shouldn't break the bank though even if it fails, will update on Stunner once I have it, if it's the one I saw with the red end ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lipstick. It is my new favorite. I bought Stunner, which is a gorgeous real red on one side, and a shimmery gold on the other. The texture is fantastic and doesn't dry out my lips (no need for gloss, which I usually wear faithfully). And the staying power is incredible. The red leaves a great stain for minimum 5 hours (through drinking and eating). The red looks great alone, and almost looks orange-red in the sunshine/daylight (but not offensive). The gold has lovely shimmer, on top of the red looks Stunning! Hence, the name, Stunner. There is no odor. So this lipstick is a winner in all categories; color, staying power, non-drying and beautiful in the day, as well as, night. These blastflipsticks cost almost $8.00 at Walmart. I will definitely buy again, and will most likely buy back-ups of Stunner. *LOVE*

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Napkep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Too creamy. Doesn't stay in place. Gets all over my teeth. And it taste weird.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Ondine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a tester set of three different Covergirl blastflipsticks in the mail recently from BzzAgent. I couldn't wait to try them! Even the packaging is nice; they're sturdy, colorful, and have two different colors on each flipstick, so you have lots of choices about how to wear them (Just one color? Both, layered? One on top and one on the bottom?) Whatever you like, you can do!

I received three shades: Minx, Vixen, and Stunner. I actually like all three of them, which is amazing because at first, I didn't think all of the colors would work on me. The brown color (Minx) looks really dark in the tube--so dark, you might not think it would look good on. But actually, all of the shades appear slightly darker in the tube than when applied, so what looks a little scary in the tube ends up looking pretty natural when applied. I have red hair and blue eyes and Stunner, the red/gold color, looked prettiest on me but all three were really nice. There's no smell and no fake flavor, something I hate in a lot of lipsticks (they often have a rose or floral scent which bothers me).

As for the feel of the lipsticks, they are soft and smooth. I didn't feel any grittiness at all and they didn't wear off immediately. They lasted for several hours and wore nicely (I didn't end up with a lot of lipstick on my teeth, for example, which often happens with lower-end and drugstore brands). I had a lot of fun putting together different looks--mixing both shades together, wearing just one color at a time, and trying an "ombre" look where I had a darker color on the outside ring of my lips and the lighter color on the inside. The colors I received were all fairly bold (reddish, brownish, and pinkish) but they have lighter colors too--there's quite a wide variety.

The lighter colors especially seemed to have a lot of shimmer. It's not glitter and not gritty or flashy at all--just a medium level of shimmer that borders on frostiness but isn't tacky or 80's like at all. I really like the inclusion of the shimmer because it makes the lipsticks more dimensional, less flat.

These are relatively inexpensive at the drugstore (around $8) which means they are a fairly cheap indulgence. Plus, it's kind of like getting two lipsticks for the price of one when you think about all of the choices and versatility that you have! You can get them in nearly any drugstore: Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, etc. which means they are very accessible. I am glad that I got the chance to try these out and I would definitely buy more at full price or with one of the coupons I received in my BzzAgent BzzKit. This is yet another Covergirl cosmetics item that I have been very impressed with!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Fuquaylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was one of the worst lipsticks I have ever tried as far as color and appearance once on the lips. I bought the color Stunner - the pictures in the magazine looked lovely. When I applied the darker shade, it immediately settled into the natural creases in my lips, the color went on uneven, and bled into the lipline. When I applied the lighter color on top, it looked worse. This color and product may work fine if you are young, but I am 51 and this color and formula made me look instantly 20 years older! I felt like my grandmother. The only positive about this lipstick is the texture felt comfortable on the lips, it was not drying, and the color lasted a long time (yes, even though I did not like it I left it on to see if it would 'grow' on me. )