September 19, 2014 | 973 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain 17 Encre Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Nerrisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this. The color, the texture, the scent-everything about this. Is awesome. #17 is a beautiful everyday midtone pink with a hint of purple. It goes on pretty vibrant, but once it settles it is a bit darker and slightly more subtle, and looks amazing on my NW20 complexion. I love the way the color brightens up my face-I generally go for much lighter lipcolors, but this just looks amazing on me.

The texture is really cool, too. It goes on thin, like a stain, but with a second coat it feels a bit thicker (like a gloss). It isn't sticky AT ALL, but isn't thin like a typical nonsticky gloss. I find the gloss part lasts about as long as a typical gloss, maybe 3 hours with minimal drinking and a lot of talking. The stain itself lasts all day! I put it on at 8am and it was still hanging on when I left work at 5. I did not reapply anything, either.

It smells like sweet roses (which I love) but the scent doesn't linger or give me a headache. Definitely worth the $32 price tag! I also have and love #18, and want more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is absolutely worth the money.
Feels amazing on, glossy and moisturizing and it lasts for a few hours or more.. even through drinking/eating.
Encre rose is a mid tone pink with a hint of cool lilac. It's not bright but it isn't subtle either.
I'm not in love with the color but I think the product itself is genius and very high quality.
I'm going to try out more colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by cricky87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! The texture is like none other and the colour 17 Encre Rose is the perfect everyday pink for me. I find the gloss lasts about 2-3 hours and the stain is there for 5-6.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by meridianSB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard soooo much hype about this stuff I had to try it. And based on the fact that almost all the colors were blown out when I got there, I thought I was really on to something. I bought the shade that was made exclusively for Nordstrom. The YSL sales manager RAVED about them non-stop. She said she had not been able to keep them in stock since they came out. She said she was wearing it before it was released to the public and all of her co-workers were so jealous because it was so awesome. She said she ate a muffin, drank coffee, etc. and the stuff never came off. This is the main reason I sought this product out. I cannot stand the dry, gritty, 2 step long last lip colors from the drugstore. I have never found one that didn't make me feel like a clown, or leave me with a ring of clay like lip color after eating a simple breath mint. Also, the colors are so hit and miss when these dry after you apply them. Anyway, I was very hopeful that I had finally found the HG of long lasting lip color. I tried this stuff for an entire day.....it didn't even make it through a glass of apple juice. I don't know what everyone is going on about as far as the lasting power of this stuff. And at $30+ it needs to be amazing. I returned it the next day and the same woman that sold it to me was there. She was in shock! My mom and niece also tried it as I did, and had the same result. It didn't stay. And it didn't really leave a nice even stain after the gloss part wore off, it was a little blotchy and I didn't feel confident with the way it looked without reapplying. So, even the stain part wasn't impressive. The selection of colors is nice, and you can layer it for different effects, which is nice. But if I want a lip gloss that needs to be reapplied regularly, I can get that at Target for a couple bucks. Sorry YSL, this didn't live up to the hype. However, there are many YSL products I love, so I won't give up on them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been stalking these guys forever, and ordered online after pouring over swatches online. I found the texture to be very odd and heavy feeling. The wear is OK but not what YSL claims. I don't want to give up on them yet, but my first impression is that for $36, I can live without them.....
***UPDATE: Apparently different colors have different textures and depending on how many layers are applied, they can feel heavy. I purchased another color and I love it! I add one thin layer at a time and let it set for a few seconds between. The color starts out more opaque but as it sets it changes to more of a sheer gloss. Test in person if possible!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by TiannaXN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought #17 and #18. 17 is a great color and the most universal out of the two. Packaging is great. Lasting power is moderate. It feels a bit tacky and sticky. My lips tend to peel a lot, this stain did not prevent this from happening. After 30 minutes of wear, my lips still peeled. I really wanted to like it but I won't be purchasing anymore. #18 is extremely light. If you have dark pigmented lips I highly DO NOT recommend #18. It pretty much looked like nothing on my lips. Only way to get color for me was to keep reapplying it and at that point it just looked horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by snoopy126

I purchased #s 10 and 12. The latter is a coral shade but it barely showed up on my lips. I must have deeply pigmented lips. Texture was nice and not sticky but I found the taste and scent were overpowering. Felt as though I had applied cologne to my lips. Tasted bitter too. For that reason I might return the unopened shade. I also made the mistake of testing shades on my hand in store and some of the colors still haven't come off my skin even after applying an oil to try to dissolve them. That said, the shades are really nice. There's something for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't buy #17, I bought #10 and #11. I agree with all the other reviews. It's the best thing to come out in the "lips" category in YEARS. The formula is comfortable, longwearing, and for once, actually is exactly as named, a glossy stain. It doesn't feel tight or dry, and it's sooo flattering that it's hard to pick just one color. At $32, it's expensive, but it's not unreasonably expensive for a cutting-edge formula that requires far less reapplication than normal lipstick. I bought 2 fairly pigmented colors in the "reds" family. My lipcolor is naturally darker so I felt that the reds looked natural, if such a thing could be said, compared to the range of pinks. I saw other ladies try on the #17 in the store who were more fair skinned than me, and it looked beautiful. A rose/pink. #10 and #11 are both red, with #10 being a little more cool toned than #11. I previously had a lemming for guerlain rouge G and rouge automatique, but passed because I didn't like the feel on the lips. These feel like nothing but then wear a long long time. The Chanel long wearing lipsticks (and liquid lipsticks) I have feel so much more dry! I can't believe these don't feel dry. Miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this Color as well as 16 Poupre Preview and 5, Vintage rouge. Love all three. Best hybrid product I have ever used. Long lasting, non drying, buildable Color. I am not annoyed by the smell/taste. Want to try another shade like 14 or 15. A real winner. Does not migrate.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by swimlizfish

I don't usually write reviews, despite the amount of cosmetics i do buy, but this product is just so good that I have to recommend it, despite it's price tag. I am an absolute lip gloss junkie, to the point where I never even really liked any of the previous YSL lip products, but i am really impressed with this and i will be buying more colors. Once applied, you can barely feel the gloss on your lips, but somehow it both stays shiny and adheres to your lips for hours. I dont have any other products that can do this without being sticky (this is based on owning well over 200 glosses from YSL, Chanel, MAC, Nars, Vincent Longo, Laura Mercier, Edward Bess Le Metier de Beaute - my current fav up till now, etc the list goes on)
Like the last reviewer, I also bought #17 because 1. it seemed like a fun pink shade for spring 2. i was pretty sure this was going to be yet another meh YSL gloss and Sephora has an amazing return policy. However, I am really impressed with the gloss/stain, I like the packaging a lot since it is really feminine and doesn't seem like it will leak like my other YSL glosses, and the scent isn't overpowering (but it is very noticeable.) I think i am going to pick up a few more colors for work (demure) and for fun (brights and reds) I think if you get this, the only thing you will regret is replacing it based on the high price when you're out!