November 28, 2014 | 1956 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by cboi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the powder product itself a lot. The wax is okay- I just wish it were a bit stiffer in order told really hold those hairs where you brush them. The spooly is just okay too(it's too short) and the little slanted brush sux(coarse thick plasticky hairs). But at $6 bucks, what do you expect? I just use my own tools w/it; most importantly, the powder itself is dense& rich w/good color. NOW, that being said...I have a major gripe w/the conflicting info out there concerning ingredients. I purchased this product b/c the ingredients printed on the packaging, and NYX's website do not contain anything w/"paraben" in the name. However, both EWG Skindeep AND Ulta'a website list parabens. This is beyond annoying and I'd really like to get to the bottom of this...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by stephanieb93

This was the first product I got when I first started doing my brows, and I love it! I also have the Anastasia powder, but truthfully, I use the NYX way more. The application is easier and I feel like I use less product. The only complaint I have is that sometimes it has a reddish tint when I put it on my eyebrows, but that might just be me.

I would definitely recommend this product, and you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I really do like this product. I switch between using a pencil and powder for my brows. I used Bare Minerals eye brow powder for the longest time (because that little pot lasts forever) and like how natural a powder looks. But I also really like Maybelline's Define-a-Brow so I switch between products. My Bare Minerals finally ran out and I thought I would look for a drugstore replacement since drugstore makeup lines have gotten so much better with their quality over the past couple of years. Settled on this and I like it. I use the brush and spoolie it came with because they are easy to use. I use a bigger eye brow to start my brows and then use the smaller one in the kit to fill them in. I don't know if I would buy it again since I like trying new products but it's definitely good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by princessho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

my HG brow product. Goes on so easily and the brush they give you may be cheap but works amazingly. Color is defined and lasts all day but comes off easily when I wash my face. I LOVE this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

The best DS eyebrow product I have come across!! I use the ABH brush w it for good results. ABH is better, but as a cheaper alternative this $6 kit rocks. It's gr8 for travel/toss it into ur bag for touch ups. The brush it came w is stiff, but the spoolie is good! I just adore this kit. It is gr8! And if u like Medium/Dark Brown dip brow you will like the Dark Brown & probably find the colors to be a good match. The wax is neat, it's kinda shiny so a little goes a long way. If I couldn't get my hands on ABH this would be what I'd use every day!! :) love NYX!! I use this on days when I won't be leaving the house or going to go do much so I don't waste my ABH. The quality of the NYX brow kit is faboo.... I got mine at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by LittleBird17

I am so happy with this brow powder - I've been looking for a perfect match for my dark brown, cool-toned eyebrows for awhile now, and the darker shade in this duo is perfect! I used to use a matte brown eyeshadow, but it wasn't quite the right shade, and I found it traveled from my brows by the end of the day. But this NYX powder is long-lasting and natural looking, and it really filled out my brows nicely. I haven't found the need to use the included gel at all - the powder alone is perfect.

The packaging is a little lacking: I find it hard to get the included brush and spoolie out of the package. The brush has pretty stiff bristles, but it applies the powder well. The spoolie is nice to use after applying the product to feather it out a bit.

Once you get over the minor inconvenience of the packaging flaws, this product is a must-have. New HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by tessy682

I love this because it comes with two shades, two little brushes, and the wax. Its such a good product. I do love the wax, i never thought of using wax for my eyebrows until now! I usually use my own eyebrow brush, but i also use the little mascara brush looking one too. It lasts a while because I've had it for a couple months and it still looks new. I would recommend it for anyone who uses powder for their eyebrows. It is a good price too for only $6.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by kborgesxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this so much, I use this everyday and it's amazing! the powder sticks to my face well and it doesn't come off all day. cons are that the wax runs out quickly so I just used wax from another packet I had. and the comb does not work good on thick eyebrows like mine, so I just used a seperate comb I had. but overall this is definitely a good product and I'm buying it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by RadioPrincess

Love this little kit! I've been looking for a good eyebrow kit and this is my HG product for eyebrows that won't make my wallet cry. The colors match my dark brows very well without being too light or dark. It's blendable and the gel makes my brow hairs soft and also keeps them in place. The kit includes a tiny angled brow brush and equally tiny spoolie. The brush is easy to use though constant use with the gel can make it stick together. But a little water and thorough washing can fix that easily. The spoolie is my favorite since the bristles aren't clumped too closely so it doesn't become fuzzy after consistently usin it. I personally find nothing wrong with this kit so I'm a happy girl (:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by amiablealligator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got into doing my brows and this is a really good little cake powder set. The lighter brown powder is perfect for filling in my black brows.

My only complaint with this set is that the gel is very gooey and doesn't set.