April 25, 2014 | 1658 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I got this because for some reason my otherwise natural brows have started to get a bit sparse in some spots and was not having great luck with most pencils I tried. I'm sold on this powder. I use a bit of the wax in the spots I want to "fill" in a bit and give shape. I use the darker brown more than the lighter one, but even after daily use, it's going to be at least a year before I hit pan. Maybe longer. I like how natural this looks and easy to use (and remove). It's relatively budge proof, even when sweating, but the real test will be this summer. The little angled brush that comes with this is kind of crappy, but use my ecotools angled brush instead, and just use the tiny spoolie included to "blend" and shape the hairs after application.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

This is my HG eyebrow powder. It is cheap and works better than any other eyebrow pencil/powder that I've tried. I use this with my MAC eyebrow brush and instead of using the wax, I just dab my brush into water and then pick up a little of the powder while it's damp. It goes on great and the lasting powder is wonderful. I've never had any issues with this stuff fading or smudging onto other areas of my face. Depending on how you apply it, it can look very natural. Definitely watch a YouTube tutorial on how to do perfect brows if you haven't already. Would I recommend this? Absolutely. You get your money's worth and the product is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For an inexpensive brow kit, I'm pretty impressed. The lighter brow color matches me perfectly. It looks very natural which I love.I like that there are two tools included--a small slanted brush to apply the color and a small bristle brush to put the hairs in place. The brow wax that comes with it is nice to keep everything in place, but I see myself going through that quicker than what I could use for the brow color; wish it had a little more wax.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay Brow Box and this is above and beyond!! The colours in this particular brow kit are perfect for me - I use the darker to outline my brows on the top and bottom then the lighter one to fill them in and my eyebrows look super defined but natural! The staying power is amazing as well - I put it on in the morning and my eyebrows stay put until I wipe them off at night. I actually use the wax first with my finger to press down my eyebrow hair before applying the colour then set everything with a clear eyebrow gel. I got this eyebrow kit for under $10 (whereas I paid almost $30 for the Ubran Decay one). My one and only complaint would be that I don't find the little tools that come with it very useful. I like using full sized tweezers and my MAC brushes for filling so I just chucked the ones from the kit out. But overall I think this product is amazing and I will definitely repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alright I have BLACK hair and I was happy that this dark brown/brown palette worked perfect for me.

I literally stood in front of the nyx makeup area deciding if I should buy just because the store didn't carry the black/grey one and this was the next darkest color. SO glad I went with my instinct and just bought it!!
I have been stalking every review possible!! Not sure why since this seemed to get consistent great ratings and I see why, now that I tried it for myself.
After watching so many Youtube beauty gurus use it, I was still somehow shocked at how little the actual powder portion is in the packaging. Doesn't matter because a little goes a looong way with eyebrow stuff, you know that! Great product for a wonderful price. Oh ya the brush is shit so I wouldn't bother with the angled one. Just use a longer handle brush for this one. I use the E.L.F concealer brush, it's very short and sucks so badly for use with concealer but ever since I started using them for eyebrow powders and gel eyeliners, it's HG status.no joke if you don't believe me then buy one they are only $1.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeaches

This is a very good brow powder that is affordable without sacrificing quality. My common problem with other eyebrow products I've used is that they're either too dark, too harsh, or have too much of a red tint to them. This product has two perfect shades of brunette to use in order to customize the right shade of brown for your eyebrows. The staying power is phenomenal as well! I can put it on in the morning, then come home at 10 pm and it's still as if I just put it on. It's not patchy, and it doesn't look obvious that you have product on your eyebrows.While it's useful that it comes with a spoolie and some gel to set your eyebrows, I find it hard to transfer clear gel that's pressed into a compact to my eyebrows. My only complaint is that the packaging popped open pretty easily when I dropped it and a bit of the powder broke apart, but that is mostly my fault!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for eyebrows!! I love how smoothly it goes on and it matches my exact hair color! This powder makes my eyebrows look so natural and crisp. It stays on all day and it comes off easily with water. If I don't have a dark brown eyeshadow on hand, I'll use this as a blending color for my smokey eyes. It's easy to use, convenient and designed for on the go trips. One con I have is the angled brush is too harsh against my skin so I just use it as a touch up brush. I love the price on this powder and I will keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy grail product for my eyebrows. The brown shade is perfect for daytime and doesn't have any red tint to it, which so many other "brown" eyebrow products do, and the dark brown shade can be mixed with the lighter shade for nighttime. I have very dark eyebrows for my hair color (medium brown hair, almost black eyebrows), but both shades look very natural on me. The set comes with a wax to help keep eyebrows in place, and it does a great job of it. The set also comes with a two little brushes, but they're so tiny and cheap, you're much better off buying an angled brush of your own. I think I'll be using this for years to come!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by rosebeauty28

Holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought NYX brow powder based on all the great reviews, and I was quite pleased: brows looked dark without being too harsh and the wax kept everything in place. Awesome product!