NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown

4.5

I was contemplating between buying this shade or the one in ash/taupe. Suitable for black or dark brown hair. This is a really nice too since the shades run cooler toned and the wax is fantastic. Its a thumbs up for me!

on 12/29/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My eyebrow story is a sad one with a happy ending and now that they're in the beauteous state they're in now, I figured trying out new brow products would be fun. I got this over the summer when I was on SoCal and it was on sale for half off so like 3 bucks, but it usually retails for around 6. I use the lighter brown near the beginning of my brows and the dark brown at the ends by my arch and tail since my brows are more sparse in those areas. I actually use the tools that come with the kit because they're not poopy quality and I really like the density of the angled brush. The color payoff is nice and build-able also, so overall I'd say this is a pretty good product :)

This product is amazing! It's very cheap but has great pigmentation. I don't use the wax because I find it makes my eyebrows too greasy, but other than that the colors are perfectly made.

on 12/21/2014 12:14:00 PM

love love love this one !

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Filling in my eyebrows is a major part of my makeup routine - I never leave the house without doing so. I'd read some excellent reviews on this product and I have to agree that it does the job!

I mostly use the darker shade, but I sometimes use the lighter shade to fill in the front of my brows if I feel like putting in the extra effort. Otherwise, I just lighten the darker shade with a spoolie. The product is very pigmented and applies and blends effortlessly. My brows last throughout the day and look very soft and natural.

I don't use the wax as it makes my brows look wet and doesn't hold the hairs in place - I prefer to use an eyelid primer beforehand instead. I find the packaging quite odd, but it doesn't bother me too much. The tools in the kit are pretty terrible - they are too small and difficult to work with, so I use my own. The brush especially is thick and way too stiff to achieve any precision. However, I don't mind the cons, because I can work around those and the product itself is amazing!

on 11/30/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'll admit at the outset that this is my first foray in many, many years into the eyebrow liner/powder arena. The last time was in the 80s when we were drawing harsh lines on our face. Clearly we're all looking for a softer, natural, more enhanced brow.

Pros:
-color looks nice and natural
-formula stays put

Issues:
-It's a matter of convenience and less of a commentary on the product. I'd rather just have my eyebrow product in a simple pencil. Dabbing the small brush into the powder and then stroking my eyebrow and then following with the spoolie in the wax to hold my brows in place is just too much for me. I wouldn't mind doing all this for an event but I just want an easy way to apply eyebrow powder everyday. This is coming from a person that has no issues with cake eyeliner. I think it's because I find the way to get the best results is to apply the wax and the color separately and I wish it were just one step.

If you don't mind doing all this, then this seems like a quality product for a fantastic price.

on 11/21/2014 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the powder product itself a lot. The wax is okay- I just wish it were a bit stiffer in order told really hold those hairs where you brush them. The spooly is just okay too(it's too short) and the little slanted brush sux(coarse thick plasticky hairs). But at $6 bucks, what do you expect? I just use my own tools w/it; most importantly, the powder itself is dense& rich w/good color. NOW, that being said...I have a major gripe w/the conflicting info out there concerning ingredients. I purchased this product b/c the ingredients printed on the packaging, and NYX's website do not contain anything w/"paraben" in the name. However, both EWG Skindeep AND Ulta'a website list parabens. This is beyond annoying and I'd really like to get to the bottom of this...

on 10/19/2014 4:27:00 PM

This was the first product I got when I first started doing my brows, and I love it! I also have the Anastasia powder, but truthfully, I use the NYX way more. The application is easier and I feel like I use less product. The only complaint I have is that sometimes it has a reddish tint when I put it on my eyebrows, but that might just be me.

I would definitely recommend this product, and you can't beat the price!

on 10/15/2014 6:22:00 PM

I really do like this product. I switch between using a pencil and powder for my brows. I used Bare Minerals eye brow powder for the longest time (because that little pot lasts forever) and like how natural a powder looks. But I also really like Maybelline's Define-a-Brow so I switch between products. My Bare Minerals finally ran out and I thought I would look for a drugstore replacement since drugstore makeup lines have gotten so much better with their quality over the past couple of years. Settled on this and I like it. I use the brush and spoolie it came with because they are easy to use. I use a bigger eye brow to start my brows and then use the smaller one in the kit to fill them in. I don't know if I would buy it again since I like trying new products but it's definitely good.

on 10/11/2014 8:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

my HG brow product. Goes on so easily and the brush they give you may be cheap but works amazingly. Color is defined and lasts all day but comes off easily when I wash my face. I LOVE this.

Popular Brows Products