July 29, 2014 | 1111 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My Anastasia brow powder is nearly gone. It's an item that is used daily and I cannot step out the door without it. Unfortunatly the country I am living in, Switzerland, does not carry my beloved Anastasia brow products so I am forced to look elsewhere.

I found this cute little brow kit and for as small as it is, it has everything; Spoolie, angled brow brush, clear wax, and two different colors of brow powder. It is cheap/good priced, and available where I am living. My brows are black, the hair strands themselves are thick but spaced far apart resulting in many obvious spaces that need to be filled. This is quite perfect. The colors are not too harsh/dark, blends easily, looks natural/soft. The wax is not stiff and gives a soft shine to my brows. The tiny brushes are cute but I have long nails so I just use my own. I can only complain about the staying power of this kit. It wears off easier than my Anastasia. But for the price, everything included, and the color/application, for now I can deal with this flaw. Its almost perfect. Great brow product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by XFOLI8R

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this brow kit. At 50 my brows are beginning to thin out and look a bit patchy in spots. I wanted to add just enough color and definition to bring them back to their original fullness. As a brow noob, I was afraid of going too heavy or too dark -- quite a few otherwise nicely-made-up women around my age seem to go too heavy on the brows, IMHO -- so I watched an instructional brow video on YT, gave it a shot, and got perfectly defined and colored yet natural-looking brows on my first try, and it only took a couple of minutes. My hair color is very dark brown, but out of caution I started with the lighter of the two powders and it worked fine, without a red tinge. (Also I'm fair/medium, NW20, and didn't want a super-harsh contrast.) The packaging's cheapish, and the tiny brush and spoolie are nothing special but they worked OK. I expect the amount of product in this will last for months. A good product at a very reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Ashram1189

I love this brow set. It works wonderfully with my dark eyebrows without making them look drawn on. i use the brush and the spooly it comes with. They both work well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I got this because for some reason my otherwise natural brows have started to get a bit sparse in some spots and was not having great luck with most pencils I tried. I'm sold on this powder. I use a bit of the wax in the spots I want to "fill" in a bit and give shape. I use the darker brown more than the lighter one, but even after daily use, it's going to be at least a year before I hit pan. Maybe longer. I like how natural this looks and easy to use (and remove). It's relatively budge proof, even when sweating, but the real test will be this summer. The little angled brush that comes with this is kind of crappy, but use my ecotools angled brush instead, and just use the tiny spoolie included to "blend" and shape the hairs after application.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

This is my HG eyebrow powder. It is cheap and works better than any other eyebrow pencil/powder that I've tried. I use this with my MAC eyebrow brush and instead of using the wax, I just dab my brush into water and then pick up a little of the powder while it's damp. It goes on great and the lasting powder is wonderful. I've never had any issues with this stuff fading or smudging onto other areas of my face. Depending on how you apply it, it can look very natural. Definitely watch a YouTube tutorial on how to do perfect brows if you haven't already. Would I recommend this? Absolutely. You get your money's worth and the product is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For an inexpensive brow kit, I'm pretty impressed. The lighter brow color matches me perfectly. It looks very natural which I love.I like that there are two tools included--a small slanted brush to apply the color and a small bristle brush to put the hairs in place. The brow wax that comes with it is nice to keep everything in place, but I see myself going through that quicker than what I could use for the brow color; wish it had a little more wax.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay Brow Box and this is above and beyond!! The colours in this particular brow kit are perfect for me - I use the darker to outline my brows on the top and bottom then the lighter one to fill them in and my eyebrows look super defined but natural! The staying power is amazing as well - I put it on in the morning and my eyebrows stay put until I wipe them off at night. I actually use the wax first with my finger to press down my eyebrow hair before applying the colour then set everything with a clear eyebrow gel. I got this eyebrow kit for under $10 (whereas I paid almost $30 for the Ubran Decay one). My one and only complaint would be that I don't find the little tools that come with it very useful. I like using full sized tweezers and my MAC brushes for filling so I just chucked the ones from the kit out. But overall I think this product is amazing and I will definitely repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit 5/4/14: I still use this daily. Since the lighter brown looks too obvious on my brow color, I started using it to contour my nose and cheekbones. I noticed that I am not too happy with how it looks unless I put the weird waxy stuff that comes in the circle shape so I would definitely recommend using that. Don't forget to blend!

Alright I have BLACK hair and I was happy that this dark brown/light brown palette worked perfect for me.

I literally stood in front of the nyx makeup area deciding if I should buy just because the store didn't carry the black/grey one and this was the next darkest color. SO glad I went with my instinct and just bought it!!

I have been stalking every review possible!! Not sure why since this seemed to get consistent great ratings and I see why, now that I tried it for myself.
After watching so many Youtube beauty gurus use it, I was still somehow shocked at how little the actual powder portion is in the packaging. Doesn't matter because a little goes a looong way with eyebrow stuff, you know that! Great product for a wonderful price. Oh ya the brushes are shit so I wouldn't bother with them. Just use a longer handle brush for this one. I use the E.L.F concealer brush, it's very short and since it sucks so badly for use with concealer, I started using them for eyebrow powders and gel eyeliners, it's HG status brush for $1.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very good brow powder that is affordable without sacrificing quality. My common problem with other eyebrow products I've used is that they're either too dark, too harsh, or have too much of a red tint to them. This product has two perfect shades of brunette to use in order to customize the right shade of brown for your eyebrows. The staying power is phenomenal as well! I can put it on in the morning, then come home at 10 pm and it's still as if I just put it on. It's not patchy, and it doesn't look obvious that you have product on your eyebrows.While it's useful that it comes with a spoolie and some gel to set your eyebrows, I find it hard to transfer clear gel that's pressed into a compact to my eyebrows. My only complaint is that the packaging popped open pretty easily when I dropped it and a bit of the powder broke apart, but that is mostly my fault!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for eyebrows!! I love how smoothly it goes on and it matches my exact hair color! This powder makes my eyebrows look so natural and crisp. It stays on all day and it comes off easily with water. If I don't have a dark brown eyeshadow on hand, I'll use this as a blending color for my smokey eyes. It's easy to use, convenient and designed for on the go trips. One con I have is the angled brush is too harsh against my skin so I just use it as a touch up brush. I love the price on this powder and I will keep buying it.