NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark Brown/Brown

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Amazing! The colors I feel are lighter than what shows up, I have dark brown eye brows & the dark brown/brown is almost a little too light, so just be careful with it. But it's super easy to apply, the wax is incredible. Always impressed with nyx!

on 5/20/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used a brown eyeliner to fill in my brows, and it's fine if I go over it with a spoolie, but after purchasing the NYX brow cake powder I find this to be much easier.

I just gently sweep the product on my eyebrow hairs, and already it helps make my brows look more defined then the usually sparse look I have going on when I'm "au naturale".

99.9% would recommend (Other .01% is my pessimistic-side thinking you won't like it)

on 5/15/2015 12:41:00 PM

Highly recommend this product
Not uber expensive and looks great on eyebrows!

on 4/28/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I actually like this quite a bit. It fills in my brows well and i like that it comes with a wax.

on 4/17/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff, when I have 5 minutes to put on makeup it's concealer and this. NOTE for anyone thinking of trying this, I had to get a MUCH darker colour than I thought I would. I have light brown hair and very pale skin and I use the darker colour on this palette for it to look natural and not red-ish.
Pros
- staying power! this stuff stays alll day, but isn't hard to wipe off. I sometimes correct with water or just my finger, and at the end of the day it comes off with a wipe or makeup remover
- super pigmented! a tiny swipe of this will do it so you don't need to spend a million hours going over and over a spot to get some colour
- affordable - I think this cost me about 8-10$ (in Canada) and after months of use I've made a slight dent in the colour I use
- the packaging is small, cute, and the spoolie is nice to have on hand (side note: I have only used the gel once, because my brows are not that unruly and I find the product stays in place without it. the one time I did use it, I did not have any problems with it at all)

Cons
- the brush kind of sucks. it's small and hard to use. I use my E.L.F. small angled brush and it works great (and I think it was like 3$, totally worth it)
- the two colours - I for one only ever use the darker because the light one makes my brows look too red
- this stuff is NOT goof-proof. as I said, it is super pigmented and so goes on strong. it's awesome once you are practiced at doing brows, but at first I had some seriously questionable brow days. that being said, I am the worst at makeup so if you have any skill whatsoever you will probably be fine!

on 3/15/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is amazing for the price. I thought about breaking down and buying the Brow Bar to Go by Whitening Lightning but wanted to give drugstore one more try. This powder and wax duo is amazing for taming and shaping the brows with cool toned powder. It looks very natural and not patchy. It has generally long lasting qualities, not waterproof however. Love this product for six bucks!

I was contemplating between buying this shade or the one in ash/taupe. Suitable for black or dark brown hair. This is a really nice too since the shades run cooler toned and the wax is fantastic. Its a thumbs up for me!

on 12/29/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My eyebrow story is a sad one with a happy ending and now that they're in the beauteous state they're in now, I figured trying out new brow products would be fun. I got this over the summer when I was on SoCal and it was on sale for half off so like 3 bucks, but it usually retails for around 6. I use the lighter brown near the beginning of my brows and the dark brown at the ends by my arch and tail since my brows are more sparse in those areas. I actually use the tools that come with the kit because they're not poopy quality and I really like the density of the angled brush. The color payoff is nice and build-able also, so overall I'd say this is a pretty good product :)

This product is amazing! It's very cheap but has great pigmentation. I don't use the wax because I find it makes my eyebrows too greasy, but other than that the colors are perfectly made.

on 12/21/2014 12:14:00 PM

love love love this one !

Popular Brows Products