Karma organics-Remover

4.6

on 1/29/2015 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am EXTREMELY impressed with this nail polish remover!! I purchased it, 100% believing that it would not work, but oh how truly wrong I was. Truly wrong.

The first time I tried it out, I had base coat, two coats of color polish, and two coats of top coat. I tipped the Karma Organics Nail Polish Remover three times into a cotton pad and began attempting to remove my nail polish. One cotton pad successfully removed four fingers of colored nail polish before I switched to a second soaked cotton pad to remove the remaining six fingers. Wow?!? With my typical nail polish remover, it would take maybe five or six soaked cotton pads before all the nail polish on all my fingers were off!

The second time I tried it out, I had base coat, two coats of a milky OPI colored polish and one coat of top coat on. It only took ONE soaked cotton pad to remove the polish on ALL my finger nails!! Um, I'm sold!!

One thing to note that some might not like is that it's extremely oily (given that it's soybean oil based). But! I just rub it right into my hands and now my hands are all soft and moisturized. Especially my cuticles! Compared to typical nail polish, my hands are left MOISTURIZED rather than DRY which is awesome!!

Totally plan on repurchasing :) Definitely worth the $12 because this bottle is going to last foreverrrrr.

on 12/24/2014 12:39:00 PM

I'll never go back to chemical removers again. If you have any problems with peeling/dry nails, try this! Regular polish removers, even non-acetone one, destroy my nails. Before I found this product, my only alternative was simply not to do my nails. Since I discovered this, I can wear polish as much as I like. Even better, it won't stink up my house or irritate my allergies. Some people have mentioned the price--it's not cheap, but it's a price I'm willing to pay, as a little goes a long way. My only real complaint is that it comes in a glass bottle. My first (nearly full) bottle broke when I accidentally knocked it of my table (at least it didn't smell as bad as the chemical stuff would have). Either way, I promptly bought myself another bottle--it's the only stuff I'll use.

on 7/20/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's great! And lasts a long time!

No nasty solvents, no nasty smells, better for your health.

It is on the pricey side, but for what you pay for, this is worth it. I never use acetone solvents as those break and damage my nails.

This range comes in several scents and unscented.

I have used the lavender scented one (pleasant smelling), and I have tested with the Vitamin E oil one too. They may have a few new scents at the moment. I noticed the vitamin E one made my nails feel smooth and nourished.

Pro tip: Use a cotton bud, dip it into the bottle lightly. This will be enough to take the polish off all your nails if you have a thin coat! Hold the cotton bud over your nails for 5-10 seconds, start rubbing to get the polish off. Pretty easy! And no nasty scents!

on 9/6/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Pros

1. no chemical smell/unscented - great for those with sensitive noses/respiratory systems/allergies
2. does not strip nails
3. a little goes a long way
4. more green friendly
5. removes the cuticle oil step in a mani/pedi
6. removes polish like non acetone polish removers

Cons

1. about 4 to 5 times more expensive than regular polish remover
2. not found in every DS - I found this in WF
3. Removes glitter polish like non acetone remover - have to use the foil method with glitter polishes

Overall

I want to go more green & regular remover irritates my respiratory system. I like this, would get it again, & will never use smelly DS remover again. However I do hate the cost & will look for similar but cheaper alternatives, if any, in the future.

on 2/25/2012 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is the only remover I use. All acetone and non acetone removers destroy my nails. If you have peeling this is one thing to try. It is not as efficient as acetone of course but in the end there is no damage. The active solvent is Propylene Carbonate and it is combined with your choice of scents and an oil. It is also available sans scent, which is unheard of in the nail polish remover market. I hope this product remains on the market as it is the foundation of healthier nails for me. I have purchased this from their website KarmaOrganicSpa and it appears to be available on Amazon. Not to be confused with Karma naturals which is a different line of products.

Popular Treatments