September 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a great moisturizer that has one of the silkiest textures I have experienced. It glides onto the skin easily and also absorbs well due to the rich, gel-cream texture. It claims to treat multiple signs of aging such as dehydration, fine lines, loss of firmness, etc. I am only 24 so I cannot attest to all of that, however I noticed that my severely stressed-out skin has been looking smoother and more supple every morning, and the fine lines underneath my eyes and been looking much better. My skin is also extremely clog-prone and this has never caused issues for me. There are no oils in this formula or even any coconut-derivatives so it makes it suitable choice for most breakout-prone skin. I always use this on top of Advanced Night Repair, which is basically liquid gold for me and this just enhances that and seals it in. I do however find it a bit too heavy to use in the daytime since my skin is combination, so I use the Clinique Turnaround Radiance Renewer, followed by Estee Lauder Daywear Lotion SPF 15. I truly do love Estee Lauder for having antioxidant-rich, modern formulas in their skincare, definitely has some of the best skincare you can find amongst many mid-price/high-end brands. Highly recommend this cream for giving your skin a plumper, more youthful look!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I will start off saying that I am about to be 25 and I am already starting to have my first signs of aging. I want to correct and prevent any further aging however possible. I have dry skin as well and live in a cold and dry country. I received this as gift of purchase from Estee and so far after using the whole jar, I am very satisfied.

It feels very thick and a bit silliconey. Its takes a bit of work to smooth onto skin and sink in, its potent stuff. You dont need much either. I pat this in after smoothing it all over.

the results: Every day a plumped, moisturized, glowy face. my under eye creases are softened and my slight forehead lines are completly smoothed out. My skin feels a bit more taunt, lifted, which I didnt think there could be anymore lifting to my face. This also works well under makeup as a primer but It does not have SPF so at night is prefered.

I dont like that this comes in a jar, it gets under my long nails, not hygenic! It does have fragrance I believe but fragrance never bothers me, I dont mind things that smell good.

This is expensive and worth it. Im very sad my small jar ran out so now I plan to buy a full sized jar. I mentioned I am about to be 25, but it's never too early to start! I can only imagine what this would do for older women, I think this would be perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Cream felt emollient on my fingertips; however, once on my face, a completely different story.

My face felt dry and very tight. As a matter of fact, this moisturizer made my skin feel more tight than a moisturizer specifically for firming and lifting. UGH. The tight feeling was so uncomfortable I washed my makeup off within a couple of hours, and reapplied makeup over another moisturizer.

There are products out there with a wonderful perfume scent, but I didn't care for the scent of this particular moisturizer. Of course, personal opinion only.

P.S. Young ladies, please read the review for this product posted by kimmiebat. She hits the nail on the head regarding skin care!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Niki007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Hello MakeupAlley! My first review here, ever. And this cream made me do it! I received a free sample with my double wear foundation. I already had a drugstore eye cream I used regularly but I didnt realize what I had been missing out on until this. I had tried neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair (white bumps and stingy eyes), olay total 7 in 1 (not enough hydration), loreal revitalift (more white bumps and stingy). So when I first started using this I was just amazed.

It is soft, rich, and silky with a pretty heavy fragrance but it did not irritate my super sensitive skin surprisingly. And considering what it did for me.... I could care less if it had a fragrance. This is I guess a full facial moisturizer but I used it only as an eye cream for the last month and a half which is how long the .17 ounce sample lasted me. Considering the 1oz is 50$, do the math on price/month for eye cream. AND I used alot the first week or so before I realized I didnt need to goop it on like I was.

I went from waking up every morning a little heartbroken at the appearance of my puffy, dark, tired looking eyes to, wow I have no make up on? REALLY?! Lines are softened, bags gone, dark circles gone, firmer around the eyes, better makeup applications. Overall I cant believe a cream can do this much. I dont even have to use undereye concealer these days. It's that good.... And I do not have good skin either. I have Discoid Lupus, Sjogren's Syndrome, melasma, and acne (hello horrible skin).

The only downside is that it does come in a jar. But I did not notice the product being any less effective. Just less hygienic.

I cannot recommend this product enough. I realize I probably dont need a full anti age cream yet but I use this as eye cream and to me its seems a miracle my eyes could look like this. I went 2 days without it and thats when I realized how well this cream really does work. Please splurge and try this, you will not regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Received a large sample of this with my ANR. Used it during my holiday as I didn't want to take two jars/tubes :). This can be used day and night, which I love, just one jar in your bathroom ;)! But: it's a JAR, I really don't get that?! Why put pricey moisturizers in a jar?!! Until they change this I will not buy this. The moisturizer itself is fine, it kept my skin in good condition while I was in hot & humid climate (Bali, Indonesia) and with the A/C on at full blast at nights. I also used this on the 16 hour flight, to & from, and it really did a good job in combination with the ANR. It doesn't bother me that there isn't any SPF in it as you can layer that on yourself with a BB cream (like I do normally) or with a separate SPF (as I did on holiday). It's really such a shame about the packaging otherwise this could've been a real winner in my book!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Kimmiebat

Would not repurchase. Aside from using Retin-A or an injectable or surgery of some sort, absolutely nothing will get rid if your wrinkles. If you need moisture, fine. But this is nothing special. If we women took better care of our skin and avoided the sun when we were young, we would all look a hell of a lot better. Wear sunscreen and sunglasses and/or hats you young girls on here. Believe it or not ladies, one day you will be old. And how you look depends almost entirely on 1. Genetics and 2. Sun exposure (it's cumulative). Just saying, do not expect any cream at any price point to give you your youth back. Prevention is key.

14 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by FreedomDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cream for over a month now, so I feel like I've tried it enough to review it.
PROS:
* Comes in a 30 ml (1 oz) size which is great if you're trying it for the first time, and the price is quite reasonable for a high-end anti-aging product (CA $55)
* Makes the skin feel soft and smooth
* Adds radiance to the skin tone
* Makes pores appear smaller (yaaay!)
* Works well as a primer under bb cream or foundation

CONS:
* VERY heavy fragrance (and I'm someone who doesn't mind fragranced products)
* Not very moisturizing in the winter time, but provides enough hydration in warmer weather ( I have normal/combination skin)
* Makes my eyes sting when I have it on my face ( I DO NOT apply it to my eye area)
* Causes some breakouts if I use it daily

Overall this is a nice cream that made the most difference in the first week, but now I don't see any noticeable improvements. Cannot comment on its effectiveness on wrinkles or fine lines as I don't see any difference yet. I am not able to apply it every day due to the fact that it makes my eyes sting, so I use it every other day now, which also helps prevent breakouts. However if you don't have sensitive eyes nor acne-prone skin, I highly recommend trying this Cream, I think people of different skin types will like it :D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update:

I will not be repurchasing. The fragrance continued to be a nuisance, and even though it seemed moisturizing enough at first, with continued use it wasn't.

My rosacea, which had not flared badly in quite a while, erupted with a vengeance. It's hard to know what the real culprit for getting it stirred up is, so I can't swear it was this product, but I can't be sure it wasn't either.

Original review:

I've only been using this a short while. I will update after some time passes.

My initial impression overall is positive. Good enough to repurchase.

The past couple of years I've been I skipping around from various brands in a search for a skin care product that does what it is supposed to do, at a price I can afford.

What I like most is that this is (according to my local sales rep) a moisturizer and serum in one. In fact, I like that quite a bit. It simplifies things.

I also like—even more—that it is a truly moisturizing moisturizer. I have grown weary of moisturizers that still entail adding another moisturizer on top. (I use Embryolisse and actually love it, but, in principle think that one shouldn't have to use a moisturizer on top of a moisturizer)

What I DON'T like is the fragrance!!! I really truly do not understand why cosmetic companies insist on adding such a strong scent to a skin care product. The smell is starting to bother me less each application so I guess I'm growing accustomed to it. I've been using it twice daily for about ten days now, I do plan to finish out the jar, most likely will repurchase too. (unless, if by time the jar runs out I'm still noticing and disliking the fragrance)

Again, this is a "moisturizing" moisturizer. It is great for dry and very dry skin. I don't think that those who don't have dry skin would like it very well, particularly for daytime use under makeup.

I'm giving it three stars for now. I understand that we have different opinions of what is a reasonable price for skincare products, and for me its not the $$ that is the drawback, its just the (in my perception) heavy fragrance. If EL comes out with an unscented version I can see it being a five star product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Sea80s

Wow is this the best moisturiser ? I had been using the Advanced Time Zone and although it was great (it did stop more fine lines appearing) it didn't do anything else, like lift or plump up the skin. Having already tried Resilient Lift (eeek it just balls up on my face) I've been trialling the Global Creme - it's beautiful. My skin feels very bouncy as soon as I put it on, all the fine lines were plumped out and my skin looks fresher. Ladies, there is fragrance in this cream, but I quite like it (it smells a little like the Dior moisturisers). Being a huge fan of the Advanced Night Repair Serum I recommend you put the serum on underneath this cream at night - it really is a miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by MargoEliz

I started using this and love. My skin is more radiant and my fine lines have gone away. Pricy but definitely worth it.