January 31, 2015 | 1611 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 6:56:00 PM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this and have been using it for about 3 weeks now, so time for a review.
This cream feels thick and rich in texture. But it's surprisingly light on the face. It absorbed very quickly. Did not break me out, clog my pores or cause any irritation. It left my skin feeling soft and moderately hydrated.
It has down sides though. First of all, it's scented. I absolutely despise scented facial products. The packaging is a jar, which isn't good for hygiene. And the price is really expensive.
Overall, I'd give this a 3.5. It's a nice moisturizer, but I've used better ones that were way cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Got a pretty generous sample when purchesing ANR.

I was not in the market for a moisurizer but figured, in spirit with the Korean skin care trend of piling on layer after layer of product, to sandwich this between the ANR and Skin Food I've become so dependant on.

Normally I HATE scent of any kind but will tolerate it if the product works. This stuff is scented but is pretty light IMO and pleasant. You don't smell it once it has soaked in, a major plus for me as there is nothing I hate more than catching whiffs of my face all day.

I'd take a generous dollop and pat it all over my face. Right off the bat it'd soak in, leaving skin plump and glowy, and was very luxurious to apply. Can't speak to fine lines, but it did seem to firm temporarily. After using it for a month, I have to admit I was pretty impressed.

Fast forward to checking the price online. Fifty bucks for an ounce? Now, I'll pay a lot of money for something that works for me (ANR), but this stuff is not worth that. I'll stick with Skin Food.

(Caveat: I was not impress with ANR at first. I got a sample, used it till it was gone, and thought I was unimpressed. After discontinuing use, I noticed a difference and went and got a full size. If this is the case with this stuff, I will update.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I was given a couple of samples of this product to try. Well, to start with I have to say this: no skin care cream can make your wrinkles go away or "lift" your skin. Other, more heavy-duty invasive procedures can make a difference, but creams can't. If some fine lines appear to disappear, it's because (a) they were caused by dehydration or (b) they are optically blurred so you can't see them as easily. That's it.
Now, for this cream. It's nice enough, and there are some good ingredients in it that can be good for skin (but not get rid of lines). It's quite heavy on silicones, which explains the silky feel. There is fragrance, which isn't too bad but I prefer my creams without. It comes in a jar - why? Tube packaging is so much better both for any active ingredients and for hygiene. On my combo skin this isn't super emollient, but it is adequate. No SPF means this is for night-use only, otherwise you have to layer on sunscreen afterwards.
Now, I can absolutely believe that this cream can make people's skin look better temporarily (that is, if it suits you). So can any well-made skin care product. The fact that you notice the difference when you stop using it, tells you the effect is only temporary.
I've used this cream for a couple of weeks and it's fine - but honestly compared to my regular moisturiser (Eucerin) the feel of it is perhaps more luxurious but effectiveness is the same. There is simply no need to pay this much for a cream, although if you want to sure it's nice enough. Just don't believe the BS about the "IntuiGen technology"... It actually makes me quite angry that the companies apparently believe women are so incredibly stupid that some of us might believe it. (EL is not the only culprit mind you, French brands are even worse!)
Yeah I realise this is a long review - but the last word's got to be this: daily use of effective sunscreen is the best anti-ageing product out there! That, with gentle cleansing, exfoliation and moisturising and you're pretty much set unless you need special treatments e.g. for melisma or rosacea.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a great moisturizer that has one of the silkiest textures I have experienced. It glides onto the skin easily and also absorbs well due to the rich, gel-cream texture. It claims to treat multiple signs of aging such as dehydration, fine lines, loss of firmness, etc. I am only 24 so I cannot attest to all of that, however I noticed that my severely stressed-out skin has been looking smoother and more supple every morning, and the fine lines underneath my eyes and been looking much better. My skin is also extremely clog-prone and this has never caused issues for me. There are no oils in this formula or even any coconut-derivatives so it makes it suitable choice for most breakout-prone skin. I always use this on top of Advanced Night Repair, which is basically liquid gold for me and this just enhances that and seals it in. I do however find it a bit too heavy to use in the daytime since my skin is combination, so I use the Clinique Turnaround Radiance Renewer, followed by Estee Lauder Daywear Lotion SPF 15. I truly do love Estee Lauder for having antioxidant-rich, modern formulas in their skincare, definitely has some of the best skincare you can find amongst many mid-price/high-end brands. Highly recommend this cream for giving your skin a plumper, more youthful look!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I will start off saying that I am about to be 25 and I am already starting to have my first signs of aging. I want to correct and prevent any further aging however possible. I have dry skin as well and live in a cold and dry country. I received this as gift of purchase from Estee and so far after using the whole jar, I am very satisfied.

It feels very thick and a bit silliconey. Its takes a bit of work to smooth onto skin and sink in, its potent stuff. You dont need much either. I pat this in after smoothing it all over.

the results: Every day a plumped, moisturized, glowy face. my under eye creases are softened and my slight forehead lines are completly smoothed out. My skin feels a bit more taunt, lifted, which I didnt think there could be anymore lifting to my face. This also works well under makeup as a primer but It does not have SPF so at night is prefered.

I dont like that this comes in a jar, it gets under my long nails, not hygenic! It does have fragrance I believe but fragrance never bothers me, I dont mind things that smell good.

This is expensive and worth it. Im very sad my small jar ran out so now I plan to buy a full sized jar. I mentioned I am about to be 25, but it's never too early to start! I can only imagine what this would do for older women, I think this would be perfect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Cream felt emollient on my fingertips; however, once on my face, a completely different story.

My face felt dry and very tight. As a matter of fact, this moisturizer made my skin feel more tight than a moisturizer specifically for firming and lifting. UGH. The taut feeling was so uncomfortable I washed my makeup off within a couple of hours, and reapplied makeup over another moisturizer.

There are products out there with a wonderful perfume scent, but I didn't care for the scent of this particular moisturizer. Of course, personal opinion only.

P.S. Young ladies, please read the review for this product posted by kimmiebat. She hits the nail on the head regarding skin care!

UPDATE - I have begun using Roc Deep Wrinkle Serum. When I use this moisturizer over the serum, it doesn't make my skin feel uncomfortably taut and dry. Changed rating to three lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Niki007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Hello MakeupAlley! My first review here, ever. And this cream made me do it! I received a free sample with my double wear foundation. I already had a drugstore eye cream I used regularly but I didnt realize what I had been missing out on until this. I had tried neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair (white bumps and stingy eyes), olay total 7 in 1 (not enough hydration), loreal revitalift (more white bumps and stingy). So when I first started using this I was just amazed.

It is soft, rich, and silky with a pretty heavy fragrance but it did not irritate my super sensitive skin surprisingly. And considering what it did for me.... I could care less if it had a fragrance. This is I guess a full facial moisturizer but I used it only as an eye cream for the last month and a half which is how long the .17 ounce sample lasted me. Considering the 1oz is 50$, do the math on price/month for eye cream. AND I used alot the first week or so before I realized I didnt need to goop it on like I was.

I went from waking up every morning a little heartbroken at the appearance of my puffy, dark, tired looking eyes to, wow I have no make up on? REALLY?! Lines are softened, bags gone, dark circles gone, firmer around the eyes, better makeup applications. Overall I cant believe a cream can do this much. I dont even have to use undereye concealer these days. It's that good.... And I do not have good skin either. I have Discoid Lupus, Sjogren's Syndrome, melasma, and acne (hello horrible skin).

The only downside is that it does come in a jar. But I did not notice the product being any less effective. Just less hygienic.

I cannot recommend this product enough. I realize I probably dont need a full anti age cream yet but I use this as eye cream and to me its seems a miracle my eyes could look like this. I went 2 days without it and thats when I realized how well this cream really does work. Please splurge and try this, you will not regret it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Received a large sample of this with my ANR. Used it during my holiday as I didn't want to take two jars/tubes :). This can be used day and night, which I love, just one jar in your bathroom ;)! But: it's a JAR, I really don't get that?! Why put pricey moisturizers in a jar?!! Until they change this I will not buy this. The moisturizer itself is fine, it kept my skin in good condition while I was in hot & humid climate (Bali, Indonesia) and with the A/C on at full blast at nights. I also used this on the 16 hour flight, to & from, and it really did a good job in combination with the ANR. It doesn't bother me that there isn't any SPF in it as you can layer that on yourself with a BB cream (like I do normally) or with a separate SPF (as I did on holiday). It's really such a shame about the packaging otherwise this could've been a real winner in my book!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Kimmiebat

Would not repurchase. Aside from using Retin-A or an injectable or surgery of some sort, absolutely nothing will get rid if your wrinkles. If you need moisture, fine. But this is nothing special. If we women took better care of our skin and avoided the sun when we were young, we would all look a hell of a lot better. Wear sunscreen and sunglasses and/or hats you young girls on here. Believe it or not ladies, one day you will be old. And how you look depends almost entirely on 1. Genetics and 2. Sun exposure (it's cumulative). Just saying, do not expect any cream at any price point to give you your youth back. Prevention is key.

18 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by FreedomDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cream for over a month now, so I feel like I've tried it enough to review it.
PROS:
* Comes in a 30 ml (1 oz) size which is great if you're trying it for the first time, and the price is quite reasonable for a high-end anti-aging product (CA $55)
* Makes the skin feel soft and smooth
* Adds radiance to the skin tone
* Makes pores appear smaller (yaaay!)
* Works well as a primer under bb cream or foundation

CONS:
* VERY heavy fragrance (and I'm someone who doesn't mind fragranced products)
* Not very moisturizing in the winter time, but provides enough hydration in warmer weather ( I have normal/combination skin)
* Makes my eyes sting when I have it on my face ( I DO NOT apply it to my eye area)
* Causes some breakouts if I use it daily

Overall this is a nice cream that made the most difference in the first week, but now I don't see any noticeable improvements. Cannot comment on its effectiveness on wrinkles or fine lines as I don't see any difference yet. I am not able to apply it every day due to the fact that it makes my eyes sting, so I use it every other day now, which also helps prevent breakouts. However if you don't have sensitive eyes nor acne-prone skin, I highly recommend trying this Cream, I think people of different skin types will like it :D

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No