October 23, 2014 | 1131 users online

Lipstick - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Lipstick in I Love Nude (I <3 Nude). Let me start by saying this is not nude whatsoever—it's pink & orange. It can still look neutral/natural, but not on me because I have dark skin. On me, this nude looks bright & bold. The colour isn't what I was expecting! So, the point of this lipstick is the "mood boost"; it's supposed to give the feeling of happiness by simulating the effect of endorphins. To be frank, this did not boost my mood. I didn't feel any different than when I wear any other lipstick. I don't remember how much I paid for this lipstick, but I did see it for something like $9 available at most drugstores.

Like I mentioned, the colour itself is pretty, but not on my dark skin tone. If I don't moisturize my lips first, this lipstick will settle in the natural lines & make them look chalky. It's kind of a paradox! They're nicely pigmented, but dry-looking on my lips. The lipstick has a cute heart-shaped design, but it smudged & got ruined the first time I wore it. The scent is sweet & reminds me of something floral.

The packaging of Physicians Formula Happy Booster Lipstick is very pretty! They come in a shiny magenta tube & the top of the lid is clear so you can see the shade. I like their products! I'm a big fan of Physicians Formula because like most know people, their products are organic, environmentally-friendly, & safe to wear. It's overpriced for a drugstore product at nearly $10, so unless I see it on clearance/sale, I won't buy it again. Remember: If you are looking for a true nude, this isn't it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

I got this product on sale, and i am glad i did! instead of boosting my mood it made me mad instead! It was supposed to be a "nude" color but it ended up being a weird coral color. I tried it on and it felt like melted crayon or something out of a kids makeup set! it also smelled like it belonged in a kids makeup set! i tried EVERYTHING to make this work, but nothing!
Pros:
VERY cute packaging (which is what got me!)

Cons:
Not true to color
Feels gross
Smells gross
Not happy boosting at all!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh wow... this is bad! I got this free with in a bronzer package, luckily. The formula is so dry and the color that I ended up with, "nude," is more of an orange-y pink, that shows up sort of chalky and bright on the lips. Sort of like I had colored them with a melted crayon. This went straight into the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

No please! It definitely did not boost my mood the first time I used this. In fact, it pissed me off because the color was pretty horrible and the formula was worse. I got the nude color and it was a orange-y pink color, really unnatural looking. It was also very dry looking and feeling. I threw it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this colour in rose,. I wish I can find a darker shade more rose or even a red hint of colour, like a red tint, you know what i mean right........... so this matchs with the pearls hypoallergenic makeup physicians formula pearls powder bronzewr and it mixes with skintone well with the lipstick, it gives a subtle peachy-pinky and I like it, the packaging is cute and the pink mirrored lipstick is pretty shade and shape, the hearts are very lovely so I put liopgloss over this a booom I'm out to go, it's nice for all day and touchups about once or twice a day

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, but the consistency is too dry. It doesn't spread properly and streaks and pills up sort of like the lipcolor they sell in little kids makeup sets. I liked the color, but the dryness made it not useable and I ended up having to throw it away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This came free with the bronzer I purchased. I got the Nude color, which isn't nude at all, but more of a peachy-pink. At first I was truly disgusted. It seemed really chalky and opaque and unflattering. But I blotted some of it off and it wasn't so bad. But overall, not a good product. "Mood Boosting?" I didn't notice any sort of scent or tingle or sensation that boosted my mood. I expected a citrus smell or menthol or something.

The way they packaged it was cute, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well, i like the flavor & color... but it leaves this streaky effect on the lips. bleh.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jannetmontse

I was sooo excited to try this lipstick but is so horrible! It does not flatter the lips at all. It's not even hydrating. The product quality is soo bad! but the packaging is very cute and the scent is very pleasant to me but all that goes away once its on my lips! i am so glad i got this as a gift when purchasing the happy booster bronze and blush which I love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awful. This has no redeeming qualities. I got it because it was $2.29 at CVS ($7 off PF cosmetics seemed like too good a deal to pass up) and I was curious. I will be returning it tomorrow, its just that bad (yes, even for $2). I got the 'Rose' shade because I normally like rose-toned lip colors. This is not rose. Rather it's a tacky, horribly unflattering bright pink. Like a child's play-lipstick pink. The texture is thick & opaque and magnifies every line on lips (of which I never thought I had many, until I put this on). I can feel it sucking the moisture out of my lips. I tried this 2x and both times wiped it off after about 15 minutes because I couldn't stand the look and the feel. Its rare that I am so disappointed in a product that I feel the need to write such a negative review, but this is the worst lip product I've used in a long time, possibly ever. Even if you like bright pink lip colors, there are other drugstore lipstick lines with far better textures & shades.