September 16, 2014 | 1487 users online

Polishes - OPI - Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Great formula and easy to apply.
Even smooth results and shine.
Salon flat brush makes for an even easier application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by MonBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I went to an ULTA Flagship grand opening and they had every brand and every color in stock. I zoned in on this shade from across the room. For my fair, olive skin - this is the most perfect nude. It doesn't look dirty or muddy, it doesn't make my skin look oddly fleshy - it is elegant and I think it works so well because I'm so fair.
I used three coats to ensure it was completely opaque. Maybe it was overkill, but I felt two coats were too sheer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Nudes are tricky. Either they look boring, or dirty, or they're the exact same color as your skin (and then it looks weird!) Ideally you want them to look clean and sophisticated and pretty. Just simple.
Having said all that, OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh is my favorite, favorite, favorite nude. This color WORKS. This is a beige cream with just the right amount of grey in it. A perfect neutral mushroom shade with a flat texture that looks exactly right. Nudes by definition shouldn't be too unique or interesting, but somehow this one is.
OPI did a good job with this one. If you're trying to hunt down the perfect nude shade, definitely check this one out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by sarabeth0790

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really nothing special about this color... It's a flat, plain taupe, maybe even a bit greenish tint to it in certain light. Ironically, I've been looking for a color like this for years... Still looking, this is a tad bit too dark for me. I was afraid the formula would be a bit runny but it went on surprisingly smooth and easy. 2 coats was all it took, it went on evenly and looks good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This polish is a lovely pale nude/slate grey colour. It gives a very prim and proper finish and looks great with most outfits (considering I only really wear grey, black & white!)

I wear this most days throughout the year unless I particularly fancy something else. The polish itself is very good quality, 2 coats and no streakiness. It doesn't chip but I put Seche Vite over the top anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by xCareyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new favourite nail polish! I've been looking for a putty coloured nail polish for years but they always look too muddy, this one is perfect! If I had to describe the colour, I'd say it is literally the colour of a dead cut off ear, in a good way! If that's possible?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by brinel

If you are looking for a true medium-shaded taupe, then this color fits the bill. It is simply a brownish grey, not too dark or light. It's a very neutral color that is elegant-looking and relatively to apply if you're in a bit of a hurry(i.e., not something that I had to worry about staining my fingers during application). Application is pretty good; two thick coats did it for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by KirRoyal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This colour didn't work for me at all. I don't know whether it is the opaque finish it has, or my skintone is just too light for this colour, but on me it turns to be olive-greyish, very thick and flat, not flattering at all.
I try this from time to time to see maybe I'd like it this time, but nothing happens, it is just the same thick creamy colour with green undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love unusual nail colours! It's like a greyish murky beige, when certain light hits it, it looks a little greeny. It's great! Applies really nice and even. I put a white base underneath to make the colour show more so I can't comment on how it looks on bare nails..

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by tamii21

I love its opacity and formula, I can use 2 coats for full coverage but I have mixed up feeling about the color. It is very pretty and unique but under the sun it makes my hand looks dead somehow and when I took it indoor it turns out perfect. Maybe it just my complexion, I surely love the color but I will use it only when I'm not stay active under the sun