October 1, 2014 | 1158 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Volume Plumping Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would NOT call this a volumizing mascara, but it is a nice, inexpensive, everyday one. A single coat is great for a minimal makeup look. Add another coat or two and I find it perfectly suitable for work (office environment). Lasts nicely through the day with no smudging or flaking. I find it to be a great bargain for $3, would purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My, oh my, a cheap mascara that works wonderfully! Never thought I'd see the day where a little over $3 would get me a mascara that works just as well, if not better than more expensive ones at a fraction of the cost. I found this at Target--though not all Target stores carry this particular E.L.F mascara. I do not pay top dollar for high end mascaras because there are a few drugstore gems that fare just fine for ladies on a budget (and those who are not). The trouble is finding one. I've tried so many drugstore mascaras- some are too wet, some too dry, others create too many clumps or stuck together lashes, and so on. It is not easy to find a mascara that is good all around. While everyone's preferences differ, I will say that E.L.F's Volume Plumping Mascara is an absolute steal and a big surprise in terms of how well it works, not just for the price, but in general. I will say that my lashes are fairly long as is, though not very thick, so I don't really need much added length...but if a mascara can make my lashes longer (as in vavavoom) I'm a happy camper. Volume Plumping mascara gives me much added length and some volume, but not so much that it's overly done. It looks even better over already-curled lashes. Best of all, I can layer on several coats WITHOUT clumping or fake looking lashes- application is easy. I get a natural looking, though quite polished look every time with no flaking or smudging at the end of the day; it stays put. The formula is on the wet side, but I find it to be the ideal consistency. The brush is nothing special--though a tad on the large side which makes it easy to create accidental smudges on the eyelid if you aren't careful with application--this is the only downside in my experience. I'd say it is great for those who have fairly long lashes and are looking for a no frills mascara that does the job: fanned out, longer lashes with a little but more volume and easy application. What a gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by calistawood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have short lashes and I find this product really lengthen and separates my lashes superbly. I found this mascara gave me almost the same length/volume as benefit they're real, would definitely repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by pollyina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of elf make up, but i am not a big fan of this mascara. It doesnt work well on my eyelashes, I used it 2/3 times and i gave it to my sister as it works well on hers. Maybe it's the product that works amazing on other people, i don't know. I wish it worked well on me, as it's such a good value mascara with good brush, but it doesn't. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by troo12

This mascara is a good deal for the price! I'm not a fan of ELF's other mascaras, and I think it's the brush that I like about this. But still! It's a good deal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I've used many E.L.F. products that I really like, but this isn't one of them. This mascara has nice packaging with a big, fluffy brush....but the mascara formula itself sucks. It is dry & does absoloutley NOTHING for my lashes. I know this is only $3, so I shouldn't expect much....but this really doesn't even do much of anything at all. I reccommend using L'oreal or Almay mascara for a couple dollars more, at least you'll be able to tell you're wearing mascara. Also, the name of this mascara is very misleading because it is in no way volumizing or "plumping."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara. You can't beat the price and it gives full, thick, very black lashes. Buy it. $3? It's like you just have to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by rosethornrosevine

To be honest, I haven't used this mascara much, only a few times. Maybe I'm just one of those people that gets caught up in new mascara trends, but I decided to pick dig this out of my makeup bag and use it. It seems to add volume and a bit of length. I used it without curling my lashes and it seemed to lift them a bit.

Good mascara, great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

This stuff is my everyday mascara I wear during the workweek. It's the $3 mascara that lets me to save the more pricey stuff (Benefit's They're Real) for the weekend. It's a wet formula that gives a natural look- no dramatic volume or length- and is comparable to Maybelline's Full n' Soft (which is $6-7). No smudging or flaking issues. It comes with a over-sized, big soft bristle brush. Much better than the equally cheap New York Color mascaras I've tried!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by leeanne2020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good Mascara. Buy it. No clumping and Defines lashes. Also, it leaves lashes very soft not stiff or brittle. The short wand brush is great - gives you many angles to apply the mascara. And washes off easily at the end of the day.