April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Volume Plumping Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara. You can't beat the price and it gives full, thick, very black lashes. Buy it. $3? It's like you just have to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by rosethornrosevine

To be honest, I haven't used this mascara much, only a few times. Maybe I'm just one of those people that gets caught up in new mascara trends, but I decided to pick dig this out of my makeup bag and use it. It seems to add volume and a bit of length. I used it without curling my lashes and it seemed to lift them a bit.

Good mascara, great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

This stuff is my everyday mascara I wear during the workweek. It's the $3 mascara that lets me to save the more pricey stuff (Benefit's They're Real) for the weekend. It's a wet formula that gives a natural look- no dramatic volume or length- and is comparable to Maybelline's Full n' Soft (which is $6-7). No smudging or flaking issues. It comes with a over-sized, big soft bristle brush. Much better than the equally cheap New York Color mascaras I've tried!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by leeanne2020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good Mascara. Buy it. No clumping and Defines lashes. Also, it leaves lashes very soft not stiff or brittle. The short wand brush is great - gives you many angles to apply the mascara. And washes off easily at the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good mascara: coats lashes with absolutely zero clumping and lasts all day without flaking or smudgung...BUT...is in no way volumising, because the product is so wet and runny it doesn't layer at all despite the perfect wand. So I can only give it 3 lippies because it is the absolute opposite of what it claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For a $3 mascara this is amazing. It doesn't clump my lashes together, or flake/smudge out on me. As far as buildability goes... Not as much as I'd like. But then again I like dramatic thick lashes. I love the sleek matte black metal packaging. It sorta reminds me of NARS packaging. The brush is great, it's not gigantic or too thin. Def would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara performs very well for a very low price! Doesn't clump, lasts all day and gives a natural look. Great product. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I wasn't wowed by this mascara, but I thought it performed pretty respectably for such a low cost product - and certainly outperformed other ELF mascaras I've tried.
It has a wet formula, but not an unworkable watery wet like the 'volumizing + lengthening' version. I find I can layer it up without getting dried twigs for lashes. I don't get added length (but my lashes are naturally long, so not a problem). Nor do I get much in the way of volume (which is a drawback, as my lashes need a boost). But I do get great and longlasting curl - I suppose the wet formula keeps lashes lightweight enough to maintain uplift.
I don't like that the wet formula spatters my eyelids - and it doesn't remove very easily (not like many other formulations which can be brushed away when dry).
But for a natural, buildable, curling mascara on a budget, I'd happily repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by jburnett1111

Even though this mascara was only about a dollar at Target, I love it! I suppose its not for everyone, because it really doesnt have a dramatic affect. I have naturally black, thick lashes, and I like mascara that keeps my eyelashes long and fluttery but still totally clump free and natural looking. This mascara does exactly that. Zero clumping at all. True, if you feel like you need a more dramatic mascara or you don't like your eyelashes at all, this mascara will not work for you. But if you like a natural looking mascara that does just the basics, then this mascara is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Kazelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually steer well clear of very cheap mascara as I'm pretty fussy plus some mascaras can irritate my eyes. This surprisingly is a very nice mascara and did plump up my lashes,