E.L.F. Studio Volume Plumping Mascara

3.5

Aqua(Water), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Oxokerite, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Triacontanyl PVP, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Triethanolamine, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol(Vb), Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899)

on 3/22/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

No volume, zero plumping...But, what did I expect for $4.50 CAD? I guess part of me was secretly wishing for a hidden gem. It's certainly not terrible tho. Separated nicely, not too wet nor too dry. As many before me have stated, a good day-time or natural my lashes but better type of look. I actually just ended up trying it once, then sanitized the brush & gave it to my good friend's 12 almost 13 yr old daughter. She loved it! So it was def not a total waste. I just have 7rl mascaras on the go right now, so it will not be missed.

on 1/5/2015 11:49:00 PM

There are many things about this mascara that I love although there are many things I hate.

To start off; this is NOT a VOLUMIZING mascara. Despite its name 'volume plumping' it does not make them any thicker and bolder. Instead this mascara lengthens and separates your eyelashes.
I find this mascara makes your lashes very long, wispy and non-clumpy. It is perfect for a 'no-makeup' make up look. When wearing this it literally looks like you aren't wearing mascara but have naturally flawless eyelashes.
Another disappointment for me is that it does not hold the curl in your lashes throughout the day. By the end my eyelashes appear non-existent. But I must say it does not smudge or flake.
Then again this mascara was $3 so i'm definitely not complaining. packaging is good for he price.

Overall i would not recommend this to everyone. If you like non-clumpy and naturally long looking lashes than go for this product. But if you need volume in your eye hair don't even consider this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Really great quality for 3 bucks! It has a HUGE bristled wand and thick textured black formula that does elongate and volumize the lashes pretty nicely! The packaging says it has Vitamin B for the lashes as well which is great. It works good for me because I have long curly lashes to begin with so I can't provide a good statement for those women with short straight lashes.
As for the cons of this product: It is not waterproof, which means it won't hold a curl if you use an eyelash curler prior to applying. Also, since it is not waterproof you will have a mess on your face when you cry because of PMS or because you found out your boyfriend was cheating on you (that's my story lol). Another con is that such a huge bristled wand is a total mess to work with when using it. You will probably smear this all over your brow bone in your first couple of uses.
Any who, for $3, nice product!

on 9/29/2014 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would NOT call this a volumizing mascara, but it is a nice, inexpensive, everyday one. A single coat is great for a minimal makeup look. Add another coat or two and I find it perfectly suitable for work (office environment). Lasts nicely through the day with no smudging or flaking. I find it to be a great bargain for $3, would purchase again.

on 8/6/2014 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My, oh my, a cheap mascara that works wonderfully! Never thought I'd see the day where a little over $3 would get me a mascara that works just as well, if not better than more expensive ones at a fraction of the cost. I found this at Target--though not all Target stores carry this particular E.L.F mascara. I do not pay top dollar for high end mascaras because there are a few drugstore gems that fare just fine for ladies on a budget (and those who are not). The trouble is finding one. I've tried so many drugstore mascaras- some are too wet, some too dry, others create too many clumps or stuck together lashes, and so on. It is not easy to find a mascara that is good all around. While everyone's preferences differ, I will say that E.L.F's Volume Plumping Mascara is an absolute steal and a big surprise in terms of how well it works, not just for the price, but in general. I will say that my lashes are fairly long as is, though not very thick, so I don't really need much added length...but if a mascara can make my lashes longer (as in vavavoom) I'm a happy camper. Volume Plumping mascara gives me much added length and some volume, but not so much that it's overly done. It looks even better over already-curled lashes. Best of all, I can layer on several coats WITHOUT clumping or fake looking lashes- application is easy. I get a natural looking, though quite polished look every time with no flaking or smudging at the end of the day; it stays put. The formula is on the wet side, but I find it to be the ideal consistency. The brush is nothing special--though a tad on the large side which makes it easy to create accidental smudges on the eyelid if you aren't careful with application--this is the only downside in my experience. I'd say it is great for those who have fairly long lashes and are looking for a no frills mascara that does the job: fanned out, longer lashes with a little but more volume and easy application. What a gem.

on 6/21/2014 12:20:00 AM

I have short lashes and I find this product really lengthen and separates my lashes superbly. I found this mascara gave me almost the same length/volume as benefit they're real, would definitely repurchase

on 6/10/2014 2:30:00 PM

I am a big fan of elf make up, but i am not a big fan of this mascara. It doesnt work well on my eyelashes, I used it 2/3 times and i gave it to my sister as it works well on hers. Maybe it's the product that works amazing on other people, i don't know. I wish it worked well on me, as it's such a good value mascara with good brush, but it doesn't. :(

on 5/21/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara is a good deal for the price! I'm not a fan of ELF's other mascaras, and I think it's the brush that I like about this. But still! It's a good deal.

on 4/25/2014 1:02:00 PM

I've used many E.L.F. products that I really like, but this isn't one of them. This mascara has nice packaging with a big, fluffy brush....but the mascara formula itself sucks. It is dry & does absoloutley NOTHING for my lashes. I know this is only $3, so I shouldn't expect much....but this really doesn't even do much of anything at all. I reccommend using L'oreal or Almay mascara for a couple dollars more, at least you'll be able to tell you're wearing mascara. Also, the name of this mascara is very misleading because it is in no way volumizing or "plumping."

on 2/12/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I LOVE this mascara. You can't beat the price and it gives full, thick, very black lashes. Buy it. $3? It's like you just have to buy it!

Popular Mascaras