December 18, 2014 | 1362 users online

Mascara - Essence - essence 2 in 1 volume mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by kimeee

Lucky I bought this when it was half price so it was only about $2. I was not a fan at all. There was wayy too much mascara on the brushes so my lashes were always clumpy. The formula was also really wet so it took ages to dry and would transfer everywhere :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by hula31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this mascara at all, maybe the worst I have tried. It does nothing to my eyelashes, smells awfully and it's very difficult to take it off. So disappointed, as many girls like this product and I was hoping I would like that too and would find a cheap but good mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by JessicaMcGrath96

Great mascara! I loved having the option of lengthening or volumising, or even both for the evening!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by MeowHL

It has a pretty cool function come to think of it. It's pretty good i guess. Like a normal mascara. Lengthens pretty much and volumizes quite a lot. I use Look 1 first then go over it with Look 2. I use Look 1 for lower lash. VERY CHEAP and quite useful

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Neve23

this did nothing but coat my lashes, no length , no volume and I'm not a fan of the brush, it has wide gaps between the bristles giving you spiders legs. please dont waste your time, even for the price. if you want a great mascara get the essence crazy volume, it is fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised to read negative feedback for this mascara! I've tried lots (haven't we all), and among my favorites are Cover Girl Lash Blast (original) and Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes.
I had never actually seen or heard of this mascara until I received a brand new tube of it as an extra in a swap.
The design is actually kind of brilliant, really - you can choose 2 different ways to apply this just by a twist of the cap. I prefer to use the 2nd way, which is to apply it a bit more heavily.
I would say that I've got mediocre lashes. Not thin or sparse, but not thick and lush by a long shot. Just so-so.
I first tried to apply it using the first way, and wasn't impressed. The mascara seemed to just darken my lashes and add a little length.
But, when I tried applying it the 2nd way...Wow! It thickened A LOT, and added nice length. I didn't find the formula to be too wet or too dry, and it hasn't clumped, flaked, or smeared on me.
In fact, it looks good on its own - no eyeliner or anything.
It *is* a little more tough to remove than my other regular mascaras, but it's worth it to me - for the great look and staying power. BTW, it isn't a waterproof formula.
One thing that is frustrating me is that I cannot find this anywhere!
So, if you're reading this and know where I can buy it, PM me and I'll be forever grateful!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by pamiann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry my previous review about my friend was neant to come after my actual review. So here goes. I have used every mascara imaginable from YSL to Estee Lauder and THIS is my best mascara by far. Can't believe it got bad reviews cause when I apply it my eyelashes look long and voluminous and NO clumping at all. My HD mascara for sure!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Evdoxia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Essence has much better mascaras to offer. This was not volumizing enough and it's a bit dry on my lashes. Plus the brush is really not easy to work with at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do not like this mascara.It clumps my lashes and does not give them enough volume.It is very dry.The brush is not easy to work with.