January 31, 2015 | 1034 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips lip balm in Pink Punch

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2015 1:22:00 AM More reviews by aquasense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Feels moisturizing on my lips, but does not look good if your lips are already chapped. This color also does not match my light-medium yellow undertone skin, or blend well with my pigmented lips. The color is pretty loud and does not come out evenly on my lips.

Pros: Smells nice, feels moisturizing

Cons: the bright color settles into fine lines, on chapped lips the color and finish looks terrible. looks like a pink crayon color, and comes off that way too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 2:51:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When the Baby lips launched I was attracted to the Pink Punch. To this day, it's still here hanging around because I just can't bring myself to use it up. I am a very fair neutral toned Asian, this colour makes my lips look awful. It almost looks like bubble gum pink rubbed on my lips. It tends to sheer out after a little while but something about the colour looks off on me. On the bright side, I do enjoy the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2015 11:18:00 AM More reviews by opbxr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lip balm as a formula is okay. It does NOTHING for already-chapped lips, but it does reasonably well when it comes to preventing chapped lips from returning.

The packaging is very mediocre in my opinion. When it's in a bag, I find it gets tossed around so much that the plastic lid comes off and I have to pick fuzzies off of my lip balm. Not fun. It also feels very cheaply made.

As for the claim that it keeps your lips feeling moisturized for 8+ hours? Complete and utter bull. I have to reapply this every ten minutes at the LEAST to have my lips feel moisturized. It doesn't do anything to reduce the appearance of lines on your lips or make you look younger in any way. It's a cheap drugstore lip balm, not an anti-aging product.

The biggest downfall to this is the colour. Most other Baby Lips I'd consider giving three or even four stars to, but the particular pink shade is a huge flop. If you have very pale skin, it will look like you're applying a bright pink lipstick all day. It's very easy to go overboard on this, so I feel I need a mirror to apply this so I don't over-apply. But by having to have a light hand and be careful, I'm getting little of the moisture inside.

I might repurchase some of the clear shades, but I would never repurchase this awful bright pink. It may look nice on darker skin tones, but on the very fairest of fair, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MirandaMMK

I am going to give this a 4 because if you have really chapped lips this isn't the best to help with that. If you have lips that aren't chapped too bad then it is perfect. It gives a wonderful color. I am pretty pale and this gives a fun i think baby doll pink color for my lips. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by xjesslovesyoux

I live in Australia, so i was super excited when my friend brought this back with her from her trip to the US. The packaging is absolutely adorable and the colour combination is cute. The actual product is not too bad itself. It's quite a bright pink that sadly doesn't go well with my skin tone but it does have a more sheer finish to it, so it is good if you just want a simple pop of colour. The moisture it provides is not the best, but it will prevent your lips from getting dry, although it won't heal your chapped lips. Overall a good lippie :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mustachemamegoma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

its pretty good!

i wouldn't say this is my favorite baby lips (cherry me is).

the colour pay off is lovely! but if you apply too much it gets chalky which kinda sucks.

i wished that it was more of a translucent pink lip balm rather that a sorta lipstick like lip balm.

it does smell very nice though; like fruit punch!

overall, its not too bad but i wouldnt buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by gagaglam03

My favorite! Looks great on my nc42 skintone

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by suncicagogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The cherry one is so much better. This one is like toy lip balm, quite chalky, and the colour is too barbie for me. I gave it two stars, because its long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by cutelittlethings

I bought this mainly because of the packaging, its so cute lol. The product itself wasn't very nice. This can be very chalky and cakey even if you put one layer only. It also accentuates dry patches like crazy! However, i kinda love the color, just not the formula. Scent is pretty nice too. Overall, what i really like about this product is only the color and the packaging. Will never repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Meli777

Like everyone, I decided to try this because of the hype of it. I was excited to get it & the first days it was okay. It didn't moisturize my lips, but I liked it because of the lip color if would give. Soon my lips started to get very dry & chapped up & also discoloration. It was weird because my lips never has gotten like that. I was only using Baby Lips & when I felt like giving my lips some moisturizing I felt like it was making it worse. Seriously disappointing, I wouldn't buy this if you want to hydrate your lips.