April 16, 2014 | 1812 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I got this on sale. it doesn't stay as long as its supposed to, but it does last a good while. it doesn't crease very badly and it doesn't smear. it isn't very hard to wash off. I just don't like the colors! I don't know what my deal is with the colors i've tried, I just don't like them. but if you like the colors then it would work for you

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by KrazaieAzn

I wore these for 8 hours. And they faded slightly. Left some shimmer. I wouldn't recommend this for people. There are better products out there. I doubt it lasts for 16 hours. It's not bad if you want something subtle.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by crispycat99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Inspired" and it does not match my pale skin tone or blue eyes... why did I buy it?? I guess I can't blame Revlon for that.
It's just okay. More pigmented than other Revlon shadows I've tried but still not a whole lot, and the sparkles leak away from the shadow and I end up with sparkles all over my face for days! Especially in the green shade. Plus the powder irritates my skin slightly.
It just feels a bit cheap, which is annoying because in Australia I bought it for like $15... I like Revlon for lipstick but I won't be buying another powder palette from them.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by phebenathania

I have this in Decadent (505) and I got it on sale last year. There are 2 problems with this shades: 1. Unfortunately the colors did not really pop-out on my lids. I have to re-apply it several times for the colors to really show, even if I put primer first before applying the shades. It kinda work if I put a little concealers first on my lid before applying the shades. 2. The color didn't stay that long on the lids. If it claims 16 hours, mine stays only for 2 hours, after that the only thing left is the glitter. I don't think I'll buy this product again, I want to try other brands to find the most suitable one for my lids. I hope this review helps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

This is an excellent all day eye shadow. True ,rich colors that just seem to glide on. It actually stays put. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by pinktutupuggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It takes a little skill to properly apply because of the dryness of the formula (you don't swipe it on but you pack it on with your fingers/brush). I use my Sigma E55 to pack on the color and my E70 for the crease, and my E20 to pack on color on my lower lash line. Swiping on the color does not work well because of the formula is dry, patting it on works better to pack on the color. I finish my look with the E25 blending brush to soften any harsh lines.

Revlon e/s are not known to be super pigmented, but that is what I love about because their e/s are very work appropriate. You can wear smokey eye without looking like you're going to a party because the finish is satin/sheer, but buildable. Great for those who love the natural/subtle look.

I have this in INSPIRED, LUSCIOUS, GODDESS, ADVENTUROUS, ENCHANTED, SIREN, SEA MIST. I love wearing INSPIRED, the colors just come out classy not gaudy, and I'm a natural look lover :)

How an eyeshadow performs is learning how to work with its formula. There is a reason why the manufacturer chose its fromula to be dry or buttery or wet/gel, so learning to properly work with the formula will give you the best results :)

I've read reviews complaining about the staying power, but I have gotten 12 hours from these eyeshadows (I have 7 of the quads) and I wear glasses too! It did great from 8 am to 8 pm with a little creasing after because I got out of the office and got sweaty. I don't have a primer, but I use my Revlon colorstay active light foundation on my lids before packing on the e/s.

EDIT: The reason why I get such a good wear from these e/s is because of my Revlon Active Light Foundation (which is already discontinued *sob*). I wore this one time with Revlon Photoready Mousse foundation, and my e/s was all over the place in just 3 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

These are pretty darned amazing with a lid primer! I just wish I could find ALL of these little palettes ... The stores and online are always sold out of the ones I really want to try. boo :( Oh well, at least others are getting to enjoy them. I do get fallout but I just do my foundation ritual after my shadow. Other than the NAKED palettes, these are my faves!!! They go on smooth, blend well and stay all freakin' day!!! Revlon gets a two thumbs up from me for inventing these little gems <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this eye shadow combo in 'seductive' and it's one of my favorite eye shadow combos to date. Easily goes on, stays on, and color stays bright all day. Great color combo for a smokey eye look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have so far tried two of Revlon's colorstay 16 hour eyeshadow quads (Moonlit and Seductive), and each of them grew on me. I gave Moonlit 4 lippies, and am giving Seductive 4 lippies as well, for the same reason - pigmentation of some of the pans is not quite up to par for a mark of 5.

Moonlit was the first quad of the 16 hour line that I tried, and I was very happy with the color combination and beautiful shimmer (I reviewed it in its separate category). What I wished was better is the sparse pigmentation of the white sparkle pan (I could not build it up). Despite me using a primer underneath the shadow, the colors faded some, though the staying power still surpassed any eye shadow I have ever worn. Within a week of trying this eye shadow, I came across a tip here on MUA to use a thin coat of lip balm as a base for shimmery eye shadow, and gave it a try with my Moonlit. That made all the difference! Lip balm helped for the shadow to saturate and pop, while not adding too much oiliness for the eye shadow to crease.

With the tip in mind, I went and got a different set, Seductive, and used the lip balm tip with it. I posted a collage of Seductive eye shadow, where the top two pans are light shimmery lilac, and the bottom two are matte purples. I find that the #1 shimmery shade is richer in sparkle than shade #2, but not as rich as the white sparkle pan in Moonlit. The darker matte shades, although look dark in the pans, come on with a medium pigmentation and are very blendable. At first, I wished for more pigmentation, but it grew on me. I find that Seductive is a perfect, "daytime-safe" purple palette. It isn't quite enough for a night-out, but looks absolutely gorgeous and so feminine in the daytime. While purples may not always be well-suited for office (when too pigmented), Seductive gives a polished and, indeed, a seductive look. Fairly recently, I came across Amanda Seyfried's look from Dear John UK premiere, where she wore eggplant eye shadow with red lipstick, and the look got featured on Glamour magazine website. I have never thought of combining such colors, but tried it with Seductive, and the result is surprisingly good!

I am overall very happy with the quality of Revlon's 16 hour palettes, because the color combinations are wonderful and there are many choices to bring out different skin tones and eye colors. Shimmer in this eye shadow line is fine and so beautiful. Pigmentation is overall good for daytime - it just needs a little base to stick on. I would certainly repurchase the two I have now, and am fairly certain that I will try out some other quads in this line. I would give this eye shadow 4.5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

I purchased this product in the pallete "brazen" thinking it would be great for the fall season. Using my favorite urban decay eyeshadow brush, I tried to apply the shadows- only finding out that there was absolutely NO pigmentation. Then I tried using the applicator it came with wet, and I actually got a nice neutral look- but not a look worth eight dollars. I've used better one dollar eyeshadow quads from la colors then this. This is really disapointing, since I generally LOVE revlon products. :(