July 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by magucken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the old colorstay 12 hrs quads; they were reasonably pigmented and somewhat creamy.

These are simply awful. Chalky and weakly pigmented. There are far better options in drugstores in the same price range.

I picked up three quads - 500 Addictive, 505 Decadent, and 555 Moonlit - during a sale at my local grocery store for under $4 each. But even at this bargain, they're going straight back.

They swatch somewhat okay, but apply terribly on the lids. Apart from the 4th shade, the one in the lower right, they are very to super sheer and a lot of them contain glitter particles which end up falling out all over the face during the day. With some of them, the glitter is all that remains after just a short amount of time. 16 hours, my foot.

To give them a fair chance, I tried to make them work in various ways, with and without primer. The results were always the same: very poor color payoff, glitter fallout, and not long-lasting. A clear downgrade from the previous colorstay quads.

I guess, if you're inexperienced and hardly ever wear makeup, these could work for you, as the risk of over-applying or poor blending is practically non-existent, due to the formula. But then, why bother at all?!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Katlan

Great little palette. I have it in shade 525: siren. It's a very smokey, silvery combination. The pigmentation in the shadows is pretty good, and they are easy to blend, which makes it good for beginners. This was actually my firs eyeshadow quad. I like the packaging, even if it is just a black plastic that looks cheap, it is fairly sturdy. Overall, nice product, I would try more shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tend to go through phases with eye shadows. I'm still learning (at 36, mind you) to apply them properly and what colors look good so I'll buy a slew, try them for a few weeks and chuck them to the back of a drawer. When I go through a manic cleaning day (usually inspired by watching an episode of Hoarders), I'll find a palette and think, "Why I don't wear shadow again?", and the cycle continues. Now that I'm pushing 40, I've decided to get out of my well worn comfort zone and do a proper face every single day. This is where these little quads come in.

I have at least two of these - one in Siren (which consists of purples and grey) and one in Harmonious (greens, pink and a purple). I find the shadows to be decent enough. They're not super dry or chalky but the staying power doesn't come anywhere near 16 hours. Granted, I have oily lids that seemingly absorb every single eye shadow whether it's high end or low end so I can't blame the lack of staying power on the shadow alone. However, even with a primer, these don't stay on long. I'd estimate 5 to 6 hours if you're in normal conditions that don't include heat or high humidity. This is pretty much the normal with any Revlon shadow except their cream shadows which seemingly last forever. You also have pack these on pretty well as the pigment is lacking a bit. With almost any palette, there's always one color that looks God awful on me but that's to be expected. I do like that there is a guide on the back telling you which color goes where. As I'm still learning, these guides are helpful.

While these aren't the greatest shadows on the market and certainly don't live up to 16 hour claim, I think these quads are good for people who are still learning, cycle through colors quickly or want to try a new color without breakng the bank. They're fairly cheap (about $6) and you get plenty of product for the price. I think they'd also be a good choice for someone who just wants a basic daily shadow kit to wear to work. There are enough neutral quads and "wild" ones that I'm sure there's something for everyone. I would recommend these to beginners as you can figure out what colors you like and not worry about wasting them as they're fairly cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I got this on sale. it doesn't stay as long as its supposed to, but it does last a good while. it doesn't crease very badly and it doesn't smear. it isn't very hard to wash off. I just don't like the colors! I don't know what my deal is with the colors i've tried, I just don't like them. but if you like the colors then it would work for you

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by KrazaieAzn

I wore these for 8 hours. And they faded slightly. Left some shimmer. I wouldn't recommend this for people. There are better products out there. I doubt it lasts for 16 hours. It's not bad if you want something subtle.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by crispycat99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Inspired" and it does not match my pale skin tone or blue eyes... why did I buy it?? I guess I can't blame Revlon for that.
It's just okay. More pigmented than other Revlon shadows I've tried but still not a whole lot, and the sparkles leak away from the shadow and I end up with sparkles all over my face for days! Especially in the green shade. Plus the powder irritates my skin slightly.
It just feels a bit cheap, which is annoying because in Australia I bought it for like $15... I like Revlon for lipstick but I won't be buying another powder palette from them.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by phebenathania

I have this in Decadent (505) and I got it on sale last year. There are 2 problems with this shades: 1. Unfortunately the colors did not really pop-out on my lids. I have to re-apply it several times for the colors to really show, even if I put primer first before applying the shades. It kinda work if I put a little concealers first on my lid before applying the shades. 2. The color didn't stay that long on the lids. If it claims 16 hours, mine stays only for 2 hours, after that the only thing left is the glitter. I don't think I'll buy this product again, I want to try other brands to find the most suitable one for my lids. I hope this review helps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

This is an excellent all day eye shadow. True ,rich colors that just seem to glide on. It actually stays put. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by pinktutupuggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It takes a little skill to properly apply because of the dryness of the formula (you don't swipe it on but you pack it on with your fingers/brush). I use my Sigma E55 to pack on the color and my E70 for the crease, and my E20 to pack on color on my lower lash line. Swiping on the color does not work well because of the formula is dry, patting it on works better to pack on the color. I finish my look with the E25 blending brush to soften any harsh lines.

Revlon e/s are not known to be super pigmented, but that is what I love about because their e/s are very work appropriate. You can wear smokey eye without looking like you're going to a party because the finish is satin/sheer, but buildable. Great for those who love the natural/subtle look.

I have this in INSPIRED, LUSCIOUS, GODDESS, ADVENTUROUS, ENCHANTED, SIREN, SEA MIST. I love wearing INSPIRED, the colors just come out classy not gaudy, and I'm a natural look lover :)

How an eyeshadow performs is learning how to work with its formula. There is a reason why the manufacturer chose its fromula to be dry or buttery or wet/gel, so learning to properly work with the formula will give you the best results :)

I've read reviews complaining about the staying power, but I have gotten 12 hours from these eyeshadows (I have 7 of the quads) and I wear glasses too! It did great from 8 am to 8 pm with a little creasing after because I got out of the office and got sweaty. I don't have a primer, but I use my Revlon colorstay active light foundation on my lids before packing on the e/s.

EDIT: The reason why I get such a good wear from these e/s is because of my Revlon Active Light Foundation (which is already discontinued *sob*). I wore this one time with Revlon Photoready Mousse foundation, and my e/s was all over the place in just 3 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

These are pretty darned amazing with a lid primer! I just wish I could find ALL of these little palettes ... The stores and online are always sold out of the ones I really want to try. boo :( Oh well, at least others are getting to enjoy them. I do get fallout but I just do my foundation ritual after my shadow. Other than the NAKED palettes, these are my faves!!! They go on smooth, blend well and stay all freakin' day!!! Revlon gets a two thumbs up from me for inventing these little gems <3