October 22, 2014 | 1164 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin: Dry/combo skin, not (usually) sensitive or acne prone, & my t-zone gets slightly oily depending on my foundation/moisturizer.
I'm kind of iffy when it comes to primers, but my skins been really dry & my moisturizer was making my foundation wear funny (oily & patchy, ect) so I started looking for a drug store primer as a middle man. The only primers I've ever used are high end (I've used Smashbox, Too Faced, MAC primarily) and they were kind of just, meh. So I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a product that would either be a glamorized moisturizer or would just break me out. So I went through reviews & I had a choice between the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer vs their new Matte primer. I ended up choosing this one because I am already using a matte foundation (the Rimmel Matte foundation - love it), and I didn't want it to be overkill & have it end up accentuating my dry spots.
I actually really love the feel of this primer on my face. It's really smoothing over my moisturizer. I don't really have fine lines, I found it *lightly* blurred the little pores on my nose. What I have noticed, is my foundation applies a lot better when using this primer, it has also done a great job at keeping my foundation even & not breaking up around my nose & t-zone area. I've also noticed my blush/contour powder stands up better when I use this under foundation. I really like this product, huge bonus considering it's super cheap & beats the hell out of the other high end primers I've used. Bravo Rimmel - highly recommend this for people looking for a little smoothness under their foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JerzeyBella

After reading pretty decent reviews on this primer I went out and purchased it and was very disappointed. I felt like it basically did nothing for my skin or my foundation. My foundation didn't last longer and I felt like it made my skin become oily faster especially around my t-zone and cheeks. I did like the consistency of it but unfortunately it turned out to be a major disappointment. I used it for a few days just to give it a chance but ended up returning it. I had high hopes but it was just a waste of money...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Jymmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this after seeing a fave Youtuber raving about it. I have very oily t-zone and oily/combo everywhere else. I have tried numerous anti-shine primers before, from drugstore to very high end, and I was pleasantly surprised with this one! I was used to the clear primers that went on like a gel, bit this one goes on like a cream. So as soon as I saw that, I didnt have high hopes for it. Not at all. So I had used this primer, and MUFE duo matte powder foundation over top, finished my makeup, and went out for the day. I was SHOCKED to see that 6 hours later, I did not even need a touch up!!! This is my new Holy Grail of mattifying, oil control, makeup extender primer ever!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Picked one up by pure accident, I used it one morning and wasn't even aware of it. By about 3 pm. I looked into the mirror and was wondering why the T zone still looks good, just a bit of shine and yet the foundation stayed intact. Then I realized maybe its the primer, I used it again the next day and the same experience occurred.
I will reserve this for my T zone and a different kind for dry skin for my cheeks unless its summer.
I returned to Shoppers and picked up 2 more before their sales end.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ElizaMateo

I found this primer to be really good. Not expensive and works pretty well. Highly recommend it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this a lot, I have dry skin and this feels sooool nice on it almost like a moisturizing lotion without it being to thick as it sheers out as you rub it in. I do notice a prolong wear in my foundations when this is on and I got this for a decent price around $7.00? and its lasted me awhile just starting to run out. this is a really nice affordable primer and I do recommend it especially for dry skin girls. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not a big fan of this, or the other one in this line. To me, it felt like it was a lotion more than a primer. I really don't think it it made a huge difference with my makeup. It's not terrible, it's just not my favorite. I wouldn't go in to a store looking to buy this product, but if it was one of the only primers they had in stock I would buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is mattifying. Thats all i can say about it. Doesnt hide fine lines, does not even help foundation stay on longer. I got a horrible breakout from it and it turned into two. Very painful breskouts.sadly i will have to discontinue use because of that. It is a shame because it really did control my oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really thought I would like this one more than the Rimmel Stay Matte primer... but I really didn't. It just felt like I was putting a light moisturizer on... and it didn't really help keep my skin anymore matte than it would have been had I just used a moisturizer anyway. I think i'll probably go back to using the Stay Matter primer, because that one, was the more effective one out of the two. Or perhaps i'll look around for something completely different. The whole point of using a primer is to have it help your makeup last longer anyway, so I guess i'll keep searching until I find one that actually does it's job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I prefer their original to this one.
This formula did nothing more than a lightweight face lotion would. Which is what the texture is like.
I need something to help with my oil which this only made the issue worse.
If it cannot truly help my makeup last longer or control oil then I have no purpose for primers. I think if you have dry skin or wrinkles they are helpful but anyone else I see using them I do not see any improvement in the way their makeup wears and if anything it looks cakey due to all the extra layers of junk you are putting on your face.