October 24, 2014 | 1373 users online

Treatments (Face) - Algenist - Firming and Lifting Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by TessAdrws66

I've used many products, literally, and this one especially, but same as all the others, don't really make that much difference. It's rich in texture and blends into my skin like a smooth cream but didn't see any 'lift' in my skin for sure. I'm sticking to this new product biocorrex, does wonders for me now, and glad to find something that actually works for once.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is just your average run of the mill moisturiser, not greasy sinks in very nicely, although may not be enough for drier skins. I didn't see any visible correction difference and no visible firming/lifting effects. I would say this is high end drugstore performance and is way to expensive for what it delivers. Its a solid cream-gel and leaves no grease so the texture is the best thing. But at $90+ for a jar, I used it all and would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep getting deluxe sample sizes of this (I've gotten about four or five so far) and I've used up every single one of them. I love this stuff! My skin feels so soft and smooth, it blends in very nicely, and it doesn't feel oily or streaky. I haven't noticed the dryness and flaking I normally get in the wintertime when the cold does such harsh things. I also haven't gotten the occasional breakouts I used to get in the past - haven't seen one for quite awhile, in fact. I keep going for the samples, though, because I have a hard time justifying paying full price for a full sized jar ($94 at Sephora). This is the reason I took off one lippie - this stuff is great, but the price is ridiculous! Even if I save my Birchbox points, it will still take a pretty good chunk of money to fill in the difference. I have other creams I use when my samples run out, but I always come back to this when I get a chance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I can't comment on how well this product works or even feels because the smell was so horrific that I had to wash it off immediately. I know they pride themselves on being scientifically based but this smells the a chemistry lab gone wrong. Is it alcohol? Some kind of weird polymer? I don't know. I'll never know.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by deadre

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would give this a 5 but then it would have to be a miracle serum. It's not but then I don't believe that exists except to be pure silicone. I too received a 10 day supply from Sephora. I decided to use it since they bothered to give me such a large trial. I used it morning and night, something i don't usually do. And boy was I surprised. I have good mature skin but there was something different, it just looked better. I"ve bought some now. And I'm trying the moisturizer also. There are no miracles at my age but this is product certainly produces results. This, along with Hourglass Primer and I'm ready to go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

A perfectly fine moisturizer, nice and rich, sinks into my skin nicely. But I did not see any change in my skin whatsoever after using the whole .5oz gwp jar. No "firming" or "lifting" took place. I much prefer the Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer. There were some mornings I'd wake up after using that and my skin would look amazing. Didn't happen with this one. Like all Algenist products, this one is expensive. I expect to see results for that kind of money. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Got a sample from Sephora. It took me only a week to use it and I love how companies like to use the buzzwords such as "Firming & Lifting" - there's no such thing as firming cream. It's a marketing gimmick. The ingredients contain a lot of silicone and emollient properties... And almond oil, avocado oil and olive oil which you can find them in (almost all) hydrating creams. I feel this is more of hydrating than firming & lifting. For the price, $94 dollars is ridiculous.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by beautyinme

Despite the few excellent reviews on this product here on makeupalley, I have different opinions about this moisturizer. I got a generous sample to try from Sephora and my initial reaction to this product is that it is full of silicones! Yes it makes my face super smooth and soft, but it's because of the silicones in the cream. My face did not react from it even though I have sensitive skin so that's why I gave it 3 stars instead of 2. Now I have not used this product long enough to determine if it really lifts and firms. I primarily tried this product because I'm looking for an anti-aging cream for preventative purpose. That being said, I don't think this cream is worth the $94+ because you can find other creams of similar texture and quality for less. I have combination skin and although it provided moisture for my dry cheeks and soften some of the dry patches on my chin, it made my nose a bit oily. I don't plan on buying this product. I prefer something w/ more natural ingredients with a lower price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by MissyMe1118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty much a skeptic when it comes to face creams and the like. None of them have ever really shown the results that they promise and spending $100 on a container of some magic potion seems absurd. All that being said, I got a sample of the Algenist with some cosmetics I ordered back in January, and while it was only enough for a few days, I really liked the way my face felt. I never got an oily feeling, it absorbed well, and more importantly my face felt - - well, fresh. I think that's the best way to describe it.

After I ran out, I went back to using the Kinase Extreme Face Lift (which I had a jumbo size sample of) and proceeded to use that for a couple of weeks. Ugh! What a difference! Algenist was hands down a superior product. I put the remainder of the Kinerase off to the side, bough myself some of the Algenist, and have been using it now for about two weeks. My skin feels sooo nice. It's not like some miracle wrinkle remover, but instead seems to improve the texture and health of my skin. That's really important to me because ever since moving to a dry, desert climate 2 years ago, I've had issues with dull, flaking skin especially in the winter.

Its ability to hydrate was also put to the test after I got the Palovia laser. Most people report overwhelming dryness that in some cases caused them to return the device. While it's only been four days, I haven't had that problem at all, and I really believe it's because of how well the Algenist cream moisturizes.

Honestly, I don't know when it was (if ever) that I have been willing to pay this kind of price for a face cream. But I am really pleased with the results and if the results continue, Algenist will have a customer for life!

P.S. I saw that the first reviewer mentioned an offensive smell. I actually don't think it has much of a fragrance at all (either positive or negative) but I know everyone is different in that regard. If you are sensitive to smells, might be better to try a sample beforehand.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by JennInGa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I say I've tried almost everything, I'm not exaggerating. Received a sample in my Birch Box and fell in love with this. I use it at as a moisturizer at night and in the morning. The only other skincare I use is Boots Sensitive Skin Cleansing and Toning Wipes at night because with sensitive skin, I try to use a minimum amount of products. My pores have diminished in size, especially on my nose which is always a problem area. Skin tone is evening out somewhat. My skin is soft and smooth and most importantly for me, not irritated! Have not noticed a fragrance - good or bad - as the earlier review stated. I liked it so much and my skin responded so quickly that, despite being on a strict budget, I bought a jar and threw my prescription rosacea cream in the drawer. After almost two months of using, I'm close to saying this is my HG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No