Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream

3.2

Water/Eau (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Algae Exopolysaccharides, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Olea Europaea Olive) Fruit Oil, Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phospholipids, Phytosterols, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sorbitan Laurate, Dextran, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 2/25/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this Algenist Firming and Lifting Neck Cream 2 oz from QVC hoping for some noticeable improvements. This is very think and as others have mentioned non-greasy and absorbs nicely, even with drier, winter skin. I also did not see any visible correction difference and no visible firming/lifting in the neck. This is extremely expensive, I paid with S/H $101. I do have to say that due to the price I did not use as often so it may just the reason I did not see results, but for the price I used it all but would not repurchase. The jar is glass and opaque to protect the product.

I have combination / sensitive skin. This is a very thick cream that soaks in surprisingly well. My skin feels hydrated and slightly plumped. There is a tingly sensation for about the first 20 or so seconds (stimulating, but not overly irritating). I did not see too many improvements in terms of reducing wrinkles, however, I have not used it long term (few weeks). This cream would be amazing if it didn't contain fragrance. The fragrance itself isn't offensive, it's a clean soapy scent. I just find that fragranced skincare is mildly irritating to the skin (like a hint of pinkness that refuses to go away). If it didn't have fragrance, this would be one of my top 3 night time moisturizers.

on 1/29/2015 11:00:00 AM

I have only been using the firming lifting cream and eye serum for 2 days now, and love the way it makes my skin feel. The reviews with the "icky", or horrible smell makes me wonder if these customers received the real deal, or defective jars. I have an extrememly sensitive sense of smell, (my husband calls me the canary, like they brought down to the coal mines in the "olden days" lol), and I don't smell anything except a very faint light scent. I cant' say whether or not the cream works yet still too soon, but I do like the way it feels, and although it looks like it would be a heavy feeling cream, it goes on light and smooth. I got the 4 oz. jar, and the full size eye serum from a Quality Value Company for 124.00 and think it was definetly worth it so far.

on 8/18/2014 12:17:00 PM

I've used many products, literally, and this one especially, but same as all the others, don't really make that much difference. It's rich in texture and blends into my skin like a smooth cream but didn't see any 'lift' in my skin for sure. I'm sticking to this new product biocorrex, does wonders for me now, and glad to find something that actually works for once.

on 8/17/2014 1:11:00 AM

This is just your average run of the mill moisturiser, not greasy sinks in very nicely, although may not be enough for drier skins. I didn't see any visible correction difference and no visible firming/lifting effects. I would say this is high end drugstore performance and is way to expensive for what it delivers. Its a solid cream-gel and leaves no grease so the texture is the best thing. But at $90+ for a jar, I used it all and would not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I keep getting deluxe sample sizes of this (I've gotten about four or five so far) and I've used up every single one of them. I love this stuff! My skin feels so soft and smooth, it blends in very nicely, and it doesn't feel oily or streaky. I haven't noticed the dryness and flaking I normally get in the wintertime when the cold does such harsh things. I also haven't gotten the occasional breakouts I used to get in the past - haven't seen one for quite awhile, in fact. I keep going for the samples, though, because I have a hard time justifying paying full price for a full sized jar ($94 at Sephora). This is the reason I took off one lippie - this stuff is great, but the price is ridiculous! Even if I save my Birchbox points, it will still take a pretty good chunk of money to fill in the difference. I have other creams I use when my samples run out, but I always come back to this when I get a chance.

on 11/29/2013 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I can't comment on how well this product works or even feels because the smell was so horrific that I had to wash it off immediately. I know they pride themselves on being scientifically based but this smells the a chemistry lab gone wrong. Is it alcohol? Some kind of weird polymer? I don't know. I'll never know.

on 11/3/2013 8:39:00 PM

I would give this a 5 but then it would have to be a miracle serum. It's not but then I don't believe that exists except to be pure silicone. I too received a 10 day supply from Sephora. I decided to use it since they bothered to give me such a large trial. I used it morning and night, something i don't usually do. And boy was I surprised. I have good mature skin but there was something different, it just looked better. I"ve bought some now. And I'm trying the moisturizer also. There are no miracles at my age but this is product certainly produces results. This, along with Hourglass Primer and I'm ready to go.

on 3/28/2013 4:45:00 AM

A perfectly fine moisturizer, nice and rich, sinks into my skin nicely. But I did not see any change in my skin whatsoever after using the whole .5oz gwp jar. No "firming" or "lifting" took place. I much prefer the Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer. There were some mornings I'd wake up after using that and my skin would look amazing. Didn't happen with this one. Like all Algenist products, this one is expensive. I expect to see results for that kind of money. Would not repurchase.

on 8/27/2012 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample from Sephora. It took me only a week to use it and I love how companies like to use the buzzwords such as "Firming & Lifting" - there's no such thing as firming cream. It's a marketing gimmick. The ingredients contain a lot of silicone and emollient properties... And almond oil, avocado oil and olive oil which you can find them in (almost all) hydrating creams. I feel this is more of hydrating than firming & lifting. For the price, $94 dollars is ridiculous.

Popular Treatments (Face)