September 17, 2014 | 1213 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Simply Gorgeous

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I was really into this smell for awhile, but now I can't stand it. It's slightly sweet, slightly musky, slightly spicy... like a bit of everything colliding, which is not a good thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by luckyasianbabydoll

This product smells lovely, however you can only smell it for a number of seconds.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

I bought this because I liked the price (75% off) and I liked the bottle (pretty jeweled top). Other than those features, I can't see much special about this scent. I don't have a sophisticated nose by far, but this just smelled like VS combined their floral scents with their musky scents and called it a day. It looks pretty on my dresser, but I don't see myself reaching for it regularly.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

smells like medicine. The only thing gorgeous about this perfume is the perfume bottle and the barely covered sexy model advertising it. the only people i can imagine buying this are those too frugal to spend money buying the perfumes VS want to keep. I know many are trying to save a few bucks by forcing themselves to like a fragrant simply because there was a sale. I almost bought it because of the sale, not because of the content. Thank God I didn't fall for the trap. It's better to save money for a quality fragrant that I can actually enjoy than endured a cheap product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I used to hate this scent, esp since I work at Victoria's Secret and when this scent first came out, we had to burn the oil for this scent...bad times :/

But after a while, I finally began to love this scent! I like how it's fruity but classy at the same time...btw, this is going to be discontinued since VS has this scent (and the regular gorgeous) for 50% off right now and it will be in the semi-annual sale.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't think I would have bought it if it wasn't 50% off. On the second thought, I should have waited until its 75%off which is what usually happens with VS fragrances that are being discountinued. I can't say I love it but I do like it, yes. I sampled original Gorgeous and was like "eh.."-same old, same old. VS really irritates me lately because they come out with the exact same thing over and over...common,
VS..But I digress-Simply Gorgeous is more intense and deeper version of Gorgeous to my nose with some extra notes thrown in. This smells very stronly of red apple to me which dominates this scent. There are several floral notes-peony, lily of the valley, freesia and I can't smell these at all-I get red apple, patchouli, oakmoss and vanilla. As you can see-I get top and bottom notes mostly, all the middle notes do not appear to be evident. Best way to describe this would be deep fruity scent that is a bit more intense that VS usual offerings. It lasts much longer than I anticipated as well probably becaise of patchouli which tends to last longer on me. I bought a body spray and lotion which layered makes it last about 2 hours. Quite a feat for VS since most of their scents fade away at 30 min mark. I wanted to get Simply Gorgeous edp but it has this stupid atomazer that they are clearly very found of because it makes its way on nearly half of their fragrances and which I hate with a passion. Yes, it looks nice on your dressing table but you can't carry your bottle with you, can't travel with it and it always leaks and doesn't spray well..Grrr..so I opted for body spray which I knew won't last as long but it had regular sprayer. anyway, I think I would give this scent a 3.75 rating on the scale from 1-5. Nice but not mind blowing

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent. It is different than most VS scents since it is not overly fruity. It is mostly spicy with an amber base. It will make a great night time fragrance. Longevity and sillage are also very good. The only thing I despise about it is the atomizer. I don't know why they make perfumes in these bottles. They never work. Brand new, out of the box, it doesn't work. I'm going to transfer it into a regular perfume bottle.